A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Those non-Nuance platforms re. meeting? - ss

Posted: Mar 20, 2015

I am surprised they didn't have the meeting muted on your side so they could just spin their side of everything and to $#$@ with the questions.  Your grid must evidently be different from the one we are on (Enterprise system) but I am sure if they take away something from one group, they will find a way to hit another group next. 

Didn't they try to reduce your rates once before, then backpedaled on it?  Not sure how many of you are impacted by this, but I have to wonder if that is why they are hiring so many new employees with huge sign on bonuses.  They anticipate some employee losses and make sure it happens by overhiring and reducing the amount of work available. 

Good luck to you and all of us.

Meeting - iwasthere

[ In Reply To ..]
They asked us to mute until it was time for questions. They spent about 15 minutes telling us how they were making it equitable for everyone across the board throughout Nuance. They took about shift diff during the week but kept weekend. The grid basically reduced salaries from someone saying $12,000 a year and another going from 11 to 12 a line down to 8.5. .... Basically about 3% decrease, if lucky....

Yes, in December they were cutting our lines from 12% to 15% Bayscribe/Futurenet. Then they backpedaled on that.

Basically, the new grid makes us work harder, more for trying to make what we currently make.

My opinion? They want to force us all to minimum wage of our state.

They did a song and dance around questions and basically telling folks to talk to their TSM about their concerns.

They cancelled the other meetings scheduled. I was going to get in on another call and bring the popcorn just so I could be entertained on how they were going to handle the next batch of upset MSLs. What a fiasco on so many levels.

Meeting - I was there too - Resigned

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on that first call as well. I hung up from it and typed up my resignation letter and submitted it. I could not believe how they tried to spin how we would not be losing money and that 300 LPH was a realistic goal. Then when it got too hot in the kitchen they ended the call. They must think we are a bunch of trained monkeys that will just continue to take this from them. The stress and time away from my family is not worth my little paycheck now.

Good for you! - anon22

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh how I envy you. I wish I could just quit like that. I have no family or other means of support, so I'm still here until I can find something else.

From reading the posts below and judging from the OOW posts we have had in the last few weeks, seems like they are transferring those OOW to some of our platforms. I feel bad for them and us. They know the best and brightest are leaving, not putting up with this treatment. If I thought I could do better with another MT company, I would jump now, but I want out of MT altogether and not minimum wage either. My time will come and so will theirs.
Nuance - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You ALL can do better! Everyone one of you! I hate this company and the other one also and I cannot stand to read what they are doing to all of you. It makes my skin crawl to think I wasted even 6 months with them and that was too much. Best wishes to you all.

Perfection - Poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you all hear when Brenda said "We don't expect perfection, there's still room there" when talking about the 99.5 accuracy? OMG...I about fell over. We all know how the very small, insignificant, non-patient-care-related errors can sink our scores very quickly to below 99.5 and yet they "don't expect perfection". Give me a break! I can't get over how the higher up say these sorts of things. Are they brainwashed? Do they REALLY believe what they are spewing? Do they REALLY think we are buying it?

leveling the playing field - None

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what team you're on, but I'm on the PowerScribe team and they cut our pay twice with this new patient safety plan. Most of us, except one that I can think of who must have extra limbs, have taken huge cuts. I'll be making less than half of what I made last year if the rest of the years goes as swimmingly as the first 2.5 months...

Similar Messages:

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Nuance Platforms Advice
Dec 29, 2014

Considering Nuance... please do not steer me clear, need income so looking. Any advice on the platforms they use would be appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Know If Nuance Platforms Are Compatible With Office 365?
Oct 26, 2014

Hello.  I am looking into a job with Nuance and am wondering if their platforms are compatible with Microsoft Office 365?  I was told by the recruiter I need at minimum Microsoft Word 2007 Professional.  I have Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher right now and I would rather get all the programs if I could.  That is where the question is coming from.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Platforms - What Version Of Word 2010
Sep 21, 2012

What version of Word 2010 do you have to have for the platforms?  Thanks! ...

Nuance Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

Let me know what was said and how much of a cut we have to take.  I will have my quit resignation notice ready by the time I get home! ...

1st Pay Period With Nuance - ? About Meeting Standard
Aug 12, 2012

I am full time & started training class the last week of July so this is my 1st full pay period.  I know we are required to make $900 a pay period, but I can't find my offer letter and can't remember if this was after you'd worked 90 days, or that after 90 days they will check to see if you are averaging. (?)  I've done straight type & made a little over 100 lph so far with getting used to the platform/dictators and inputting type shortcuts & templates. ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

Platforms?
Jun 23, 2010

Could somebody explain to me what a platform is? I am being asked what kind of platforms I am familiar with and I'm not sure what they are looking for here. I have always done my reports in Word or Clarus in Windows XP, received my files via the internet through an FTP or through digital voice through a C-phone, and used only a SmartType word expander as addition software. I know this sounds like such a dumb question, but I am really not sure what I am looking for here. Thanks much! ...

Platforms For MT's
Jan 27, 2012

Having been a transcriptionist for years and having worked on a few different platforms, I feel that the platform itself is our major tool for achieving production. I hate the platform I am on now and feel so frustrated that I used to make more because the platform allowed me to produce.  Would anyone like to share which platforms they thought were great as well as which ones werent?  ...

NSA On All Platforms?
Oct 17, 2012

Just being curious, is the NSA or OOW situation across all platforms, like Enterprise, Escription, or is it just a few?  I'm wondering if they are offshoring all platforms or just certain ones.  ...

Which Platforms Are 88%
Dec 15, 2014

I didn't get an email, but my TSM is off until tomorrow. Can anyone share which platforms are being downgraded to 88%? ...

Platforms
Jun 18, 2015

Just wondering what all plaform Nuance uses and how you all feel about them. ...

Ease Of Use Platforms
Apr 12, 2010

Hi all, I am going to be starting a job with Focus Infomatics soon, and I wanted to know about their platforms.  They said they work with Dictaphone, eScription, and I don't remember the name of the other one.  Anyway, I heard that the platforms are not as user friendly as some others.  Does anyone ha e some input for me? Just a note, my key right beside my c isn't working.  In case you were wondering.  I should probably get that before I start working! ...

What Are Good VR Platforms That Don't...
Jun 10, 2010

Slow the MT down? ...

A Question About Two Different Platforms
Sep 09, 2010

Is it okay to have DocQscribe and Dictaphone Extext downloaded on the same computer with no problems?  ...

Is It Possible To Run 2 Different Platforms On 1 Computer?
Feb 06, 2011

I have 1 desktop computer that I'm using now as an IC for one company.   Is it possible to run another platform for another company on it as well?    I really do NOT want to use my personal laptop for work if I don't have to.  Cause, it's got all my "personal" stuff on there.  ...

Employers' Platforms
May 14, 2011

Has anyone here turned down a job with an MTSO because their platform is crappy? My employer's platform is TERRIBLE!!  You have go through 15 mouse commands (no hot keys!) to perform the simplest function such as signing off a job.  I have never seen more inefficient software in my life!!  Of course, since they own it now they claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.... Would love to hear your platform stories!! ...

Transcription Platforms
Jun 29, 2011

My small transcription company is growing fast and our FTP set up we have is not capable of the efficiency we now need with so many clients and MTs added.  I haven't seen many good statements from MTs on this board about any platforms really.  IS THERE A PLATFORM THAT YOU LOVE, because I want to make my loyal and valuablel MTs happy and want to choose a platform that is good for them. ...

Confusion About Platforms?
Mar 04, 2012

This is probably clear as day to most and may belong in the tech forum, but I'm going to try here first.  I notice that Nuance owns eScription. Okay, got that.  In their ads, they are not compatible with satellite nor wireless internet. Okay, got that.  What I do not have is why a completely different company is telling me that eScription is compatible with satellite internet? Just an FYI, this has nothing to do with Nuance. I am not going to work for them and know nothing a ...

Changing Platforms?
Aug 22, 2012

Before totally giving up on this company, I would like to give an E-Scription account a try (currently on Enterprise). Does anyone know who I would contact? TIA. ...

Anyone Know The Platforms Softscript Uses?
Dec 03, 2012

. ...

MModal Platforms
Dec 14, 2012

Could someone please offer an opinion on MModal platforms, i.e., are there many, are they easy to learn, easy to use? Thank you very much in advance. ...

Mmodal Platforms?
Jan 15, 2013

Hi there, I was just wondering which platforms are generally used for Mmodal?  I had typed with them for just a couple of months in the spring, and cannot remember the names of the platform (I want to update my resume).  I typed, but was cross trained on.   If anyone knows that would be great! ...

Landmark Platforms
Jan 24, 2013

What platforms does Landmark have, especially for traditional? I heard they have EditScript.  Does Nuance choose what docs are ready for VR at Landmark? ...

GIS Re IKM/Scribe Platforms
Mar 10, 2013

I have trained on the above platform and now have doubts about the above platforms.  It seems to me it would be very difficult using these 2 platforms.  Going through all the steps that you have to go through just to get 1 report done seems like a very long process.  I have worked on the IKM platform on another job and it didn't seem that bad to me, but I find using these 2 together would make it impossible to produce a good line count.  Is this just my problem or does a ...

2 Platforms On 1 Computer
Dec 05, 2013

Can anyone tell me if you can have 2 platforms on 1 computer? I currently work in ChartScript, but I am hoping to pick up some part-time work and would be using Emdat. Can I have both of these on one computer? Also, do you know if Instant Text is compatible with Emdat? Thank You very much :-) ...

Best Companies/platforms/pay
Mar 04, 2014

I know this has been asked before, but I wanted something a little more current. I'm doing a survey to get input for the vast number of MTs (including myself) who are looking for work, and are discouraged by the lack of optimism on the boards (albeit not unfounded).  If anyone has anything good to say about their company, platform, pay, or anything else they might find helpful, please respond and let us know what you like about it.  Also, to narrow the search, whether yo ...

Platforms On The Computer, Does Anyone Know?
Nov 11, 2014

My account switch will involve a new platform.  I am worried about my pay during the week of transition.  Does anyone know if the eByndTxt and Escription can exist on the same computer, or am I basically not working aside from training on the new platform? ...