A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance computer requirements - LAF

Posted: Jan 30, 2013

I have just received the computer specifications to begin working for Nuance.  I need to purchase a new computer.  My husband would like to buy a MAC.  Is a MAC compatible with Nuance's specifications.  Does anyone have any experience using a MAC who works for Nuance?  I have never used a MAC for transcription, only art programs at college, so I don't know much about it.  Thank you!

Re: Nuance computer requirements - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
You might be able to run the program Virtual PC on your MAC - which would let you run PC programs. I would double check with them tho. I was hired, bought a new computer (I specifically asked what kind) - bought what they suggested, but lo and behold, IE8 (which they require you to run) didn't run on my brand new PC. Double and triple check with them first...Hope that helps... I know for M*Modal you can put Virtual PC on your Mac and it will run M*Modal's programs... Just FYI

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Computer Requirements
Jun 20, 2010

Is the Keystrokes platform compatible with Windows 7?  If so, can I override Vista with Windows 7? ...

Transform Computer Requirements?
Sep 27, 2011

Can anyone tell me what the computer requirements are for Transform?  I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and Word 2010, but wondering if I would be able to use this for Transform or if I will have to break out my old XP computer with Word 2003.  Thanks for any info! ...

QA Requirements For Nuance?
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone know what the QA requirements are to be employed in QA with Nuance? I have been transcribing for over 20 years and take pride in the reports that I produce. I have been working for Nuance for about six months now and as this company seems to hold a higher standard of accuracy percentage (98.5% compared to 98% with other companies), I had assumed that their QA department was very experienced. However, after my latest failed audit, I found this to be disturbingly incorrect. Last week, ...

Nuance FT Requirements
Nov 28, 2012

Wanting to cut hours down but still be eligible for PTO and health insurance (If I have to take it out for myself alone).  Like most of us I have another job on the side but can't afford to totally give this up either.  Is it 30 hours to be considered FT?  I sure wish this fictitious employee handbook would appear in print somewhere.  TIA.   ...

Accuracy Requirements Of Nuance
Dec 01, 2013

A friend of mine works at Nuance (formerly worked at Transcend, but of course Nuance is gobbling up every MTSO) and said they require 99% accuracy. And rather than an average, they run the accuracy on every single report so that even though, for example, 5 reports may be 100% accurate, if one is 98%, you're screwed. Since when did the industry standard go from 98% to 99%? Plus apparently you are marked down for blanks no matter what. Whenever I have worked in a "real" healthcare organizatio ...

If We Have A Nuance Computer...
Jan 17, 2014

...are we allowed to use it for another job? ...

Nuance Computer Loan Program
Jan 04, 2013

Did we all see that we are available for a $300 interest-free computer loan, for new computer, peripherals, software, etc.     Did you also notice they want the RECEIPT FIRST?  Now, why in God's name, once you have paid for a computer or whatever you would want a loan for them after the fact?   Am I the only one confused by this? ...

Will Nuance Send A Computer To New Hire?
Jan 17, 2014

I just got a job with Nuance. My computer runs Windows 8 and I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm wondering is they send new hires a computer to borrow or do I need to go find one that will run their programs? TYIA ...

Leaving Nuance, Have Computer Question...
Dec 01, 2014

I hope I have posted this on the correct board. As I do not have a good feeling whatsoever about this new pay plan at Nuance, I am preparing to leave this nasty company after the first of the year​ and am trying to get everything in order. The first order of business is to buy a new computer. I believe new computers come with Windows 8. Does anyone know if that is compatible with most transcription needs today, or does one have to have Windows 7 installed? If so, is that commercially availab ...

My Computer Is Blocking Javascript On Nuance Testing Site.
Mar 14, 2012

Help!!!!   I am not able to complete the testing on Nuance mt.test site because my computer will not allow this program -- Javascript.  Has anyone else had this problem?   I am just wondering how you get around this.  On the yellow Active X add-on site, it will not allow this.  I am at my wit's end as to what to do.  I have not tried going on Technical Support.  I have tried that before and they never really help much.  So very useless, why ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

Nuance Takes "ownership" Of Computer After Software Install
Aug 23, 2014

How is this legal? They don't own the computer. they don't provide equipment. What right do they have to screw up the computer so you can't print or do stuff of your machine that you own? ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

What Are MQ LPH Requirements For FT
Jan 19, 2010

NM ...

LPH Requirements
Jun 27, 2010

What is the minimum line count requirement at MedQuist?  Do you have different line count requirements for SR versus regular transcription?  thank you ...

Job Requirements
May 31, 2011

When a company states that their requirements are 1,000 lines/  24 hour turnaround and or 5,000/ 7days, what does that mean?  Forgive my ignorance but as you can see I'm new at this.  ...

Requirements For PAs
Oct 27, 2013

I posted this information below in response to someone else but wanted to bring it to the top because I, too, wonder why many PAs are so notoriously inaccurate when dictating.  Hope nobody's offended by a double post. I was reviewing PA coursework at a leading university and quote the following: (My comments are in parentheses) "A course in medical terminology is recommended (not REQUIRED?) for applicants who are not health professionals or for any appl ...

What Are Some LPH Requirements Out There??
Mar 04, 2014

I was wondering what some of these other companies require for line counts per hour.  We are required to do 520 on eScription -- I never make it.  Lots of ESL, 99% editing.  ...

Physical Requirements?
Jul 01, 2010

I've been thinking about going into coding, but what is it like physically? The immobility of transcription drives me crazy sometimes, as well as the eye strain of editing, so I am wondering if the actual physical work of coding includes the same stress. Or maybe I will just get a job on my feet, stocking in a warehouse? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

Are Requirements Getting Higher
Aug 03, 2010

Seems to me, "one year acute care experience" was the basic requirement to sign on with an MTSO. Then it went to three years. Now, a lot of places require "five years' experience." Plus, QA has gotten unbelievably picky. I've always had top-notch quality and even been complimented personally by physicians at various local clinics. Recruiters call my test scores "excellent." And YET, wherever I start working, my QA looks like the homework of some dyslexic third-grader that comes back fr ...

Radiology Requirements
Jun 21, 2011

What are the radiology requirements for production?  What platform is used?  What do you have to do to transfer to radiology?  Is the pay worse, better, or the same? ...

Certification Requirements
Oct 26, 2010

I am curious about whether one has to have a certain amount of experience in coding before you can take the CCA or CCs certification exam.  I have had 20 years of A&P and know a considerable amount about disease process.  I have been studying coding on my own for about a year now.  I know that your chances for passing the test are better if you have been in the coding business for several years, but has anyone out there taken the CCS just by studying and utilizing their life e ...

DQS System Requirements
Jun 18, 2011

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find specific information on running DQS on my computer.  I can run it on my desktop but recently purchased a new laptop that has a 64 OS and DQS only works with 32.  Also, my old laptop won't run it for some reason even though it used to before DQS upgraded.  Anyway, I would like to find the specifications on running DQS if anyone can help.  thank you. ...

Jcaho Requirements
Oct 26, 2010

Just was told by someone that the "new" JCAHO requirement is that you spell out dosages (ex. xoxoxoxo 10 milligrams b.i.d.)  In all my 18 years never heard of this and I do not see it like this in any of my reference books or AHDI.  IS THIS TRUE??? ...

Production Requirements
Oct 14, 2011

I have always made my production requirements.  But I don't think I will this time.  Does anyone know what happens? ...