A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FIESA could not locate in act specs - newbutold

Posted: Aug 21, 2012

Okay please someone answer this for me - I check my FIESA every day I made an error one day (actually I knew I didn't put this heading in because I had no info to put underneath it and could not locate in act specs whether or not you still put heading in if there was nothing to put underneath it) I sent a note to my QA/QC person and did not hear back - the next day I had the same thing and treated it the same way.  I then later that day got my FIESA back from that report which had been done the prior day (have no idea why it didn't show up sooner but it was not there and I never heard back from my email that I had sent).  I was instructed to put the header in regardless whether I had the info to go underneath.  The first time I didn't do it (only error in whole report and it was marked off as 1.0) and they gave me a 75% on my report - the next day the same exact mistake with 1.0 also marked off with a couple of .25 errors and received a 97. something.  Please can someone explain this to me.   I do not understand  I have printed it  up so I have proof of it. 

Length of the reports? - Only thing I can think of.

[ In Reply To ..]
Math is not my strongest subject, so I may be way off here. I'm thinking if the first report was extremely short and the second report was very long, that could account for the discrepancy.

BTW, the next time you have a question about formatting, you might want to cc your TL/supervisor/whatever. This lets her/him know you tried to get it right. Also, challenge at least the first report. IMO, you did the right thing by asking for directions and then got penalized for doing so. Auggh. You have no idea how much I hate FIESA.

Length of report makes sense, but - sm thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
I question why that was a 1.0 error. They have such a strange system.

It was 1.0 because ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They consider anything not put in as a MAJOR OMISSION. This includes words like the, and, an, etc., and oddly enough, pronouns that were not even dictated on a verbatim account.

What is even more hilarious (not) is there are no specific instructions for half of these things in either the acct specs or the MT instructions.

I continue to be amazed at the major errors we are given for things that we have no guidelines for.

But, somehow, QA/QC have access to all of this info???
Well, there is a score for minor ommission and I believe - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe a minor ommission is 0.5. When I was a QC, I would have called that minor. I know how they work though, which is why I am not a QC anymore. I refused to nitpick people and went back to MT.
for QA it would have been a minor omission 0.25 error - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
Major 1.0 error is way too high for this. This must have been a QC score. Instead of saying QA/QC just state who scored it for less confusion as they are different departments and looks like VERY different scoring guidelines. Also missing articles are NOT scored by QA unless it significantly changes the meaning of the sentence, so again seems QC is NOT on the same page as QA, which is really the only score that matters.
I agree QC way more harsh then QA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
QC tends to go CRAZY marking things and changing things, many times incorrectly and subjectively, IMHO.

This only serves to confuse the MT and lead to anxiety (at least in my case).

Why don't you have the same guidelines?
Or does that make too much sense?
I am wondering that myself...truthfully I think because - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
QA has their OWN manager whereas QC is under their respective TL. I am hearing that is about to change and that QCs will be going under their own manager, which Ithink is going to make a HUGE difference vs different TL with different ways of doing things. This will make for MUCH better consistency across the board and MUCH happier MTs in my opinion. Too many "hands in the pot" right now. My understanding is that this "change" is in the works as we speak. I for one cannot wait until it is a done deal!
That sounds encouraging. Thanks for the info. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Fiesa score - Nuance MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it has to do with the length of the report. If you have a report with 50 lines and you get marked off 1.0, that job will have a lower score than a report with 150 lines that was marked down 1.0 point.

good luck - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish you luck with this. I had issues also and sent email...it's always something and errors that were marked off on mine at least one I'm about 99.999% sure I'm right on. I'm going to quit complaining and bide my time. I love my job but since Nuance took over I dread working....

Thanks everybody - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all the input everybody! Some days are just so hard - when you think you do good and then look at all your scores and have gotten marked off for things that just don't make sense - it can make you scared to type

I personally believe it causes errors, all the anxiety - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The anxiety, the worrying, having to look at all those reports, going back and looking through things, trying to remember, and not getting paid for it, all of that makes a confident and competent MT doubt themselves. I personally know that I made more mistakes worrying about FIESA than I normally would. That is why I don't look at FIESA anymore. I still maintain above 99% and my overall mental health is better. I'm not recommending anyone do this, but it was a personal choice that I made for my own sanity.
I made the same choice. Only way to stay sane at this place. - nuancemt
[ In Reply To ..]
x.
I tried that but received personal notes from TL - to check it and leave feedback if necessary. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
uuu
Tell TL that you are in therapy - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and your psychiatrist has instructed you not to look at FIESA anymore. She or he will back off.
FIESA feedback - new but old
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all the input - Today was another rough day with getting about 15 dictations from this same ESL physician who I don't understand but every other word (not necessarily because of his accent but he speaks so low and mumbles) When he speaks up I can understand everything he says - I just left blanks - way more then I would have liked to but I am not taking all the time to try and relisten to him. I am sure that somehow or other I will be marked off for stuff anyway
Umm no they won't. They can tell when you do not check it - nm - current QA
[ In Reply To ..]
I know they can see when we don't look. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What I am saying is that I don't care. Please fire me so I can collect UE.
yeah we know they know and we DON"T CARE. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

New Specs Posted On Fiesa With NO Notification. Previous
Oct 18, 2014

...I suppose because I said the account names. So, here goes, large city account in CT, and small city outside Seattle. Supe is LG on the AB (COM) team. Found these new specs on 10/15 and have no idea what the changes are because we were never even told about them. Heads up, folks! ...

Where Can You Locate Jobs -
Aug 31, 2011

What other web sites are there besides MT Stars and MT Jobs for employment?  Thank you in advance for the help. ...

Where Can I Locate My Repository For Old Records? 
Dec 07, 2010

Where can I locate my repository for old records?  I used to be able to hit F5 and it would come up, now I get an error message.  Do I have to shut down DocQmanage to access it?  Thanks.  ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Specs
Dec 04, 2013

Hello I was emailed specs because I am buying a new computer. I am new to transcription and dint necessarily know what all of this means. In the specs it says platform 7 I am unaware of what that is. Also the specs don't list anything about windows 8 even in the not supported section didn't know if anyone knew if platform 7 is compatible with windows 8. ...

What Do The Account Specs Mean By
Jul 09, 2011

qualified verbatim?  This may be a dumb question but the wording on some of these account specifications is confusing to this old lady. ...

How Do You All Keep Your Acct Specs Organized?
Jul 28, 2011

I'm sure a lot of you work on multiple accounts. I work on 3 different accounts. Right now I have my account specifics on my desktop, but this is aggravating to me. I think it would be easier to print them and put them in a binder to have easy access to them and put each hospital in its own tabbed section. Some people may think it's easier to have them on their desktop where they can click on them and leave them open in the background, but then I scroll and seems like cannot find w ...

Need To Buy A Computer, Anyone Know What Specs I Need For Transcription?
Aug 21, 2011

Ok, I have to buy a computer and I'm going to have to go tomorrow to find something because I'm starting a new job this week, so I'm down to the wire.  I've been trying to find out where to buy and what to buy.  It is at the point right now, I cant afford a brand new one but I want to get a used one that will be good for transcription.  Can anyone tell me what to look for such as processor, processor speed, how much RAM, etc.  I am desperate. ...

AARGH. Account Specs
Apr 13, 2013

Driving me crazy!! Hundreds of nitpicky preferences that have NOTHING to do with patient care. Wait until the Obamacare database kicks in. They will be told what to put in and in what format, and I hope we're all grinning as Federal employees. ...

Computer Specs Questions
Nov 09, 2013

Recently unemployed from a hospital which paid hourly and supplied computer, footpedal, etc.  I recently interviewed for a job with a service and my computer does not meet the required specifications.  They did send me their required specs.  I was wondering if I posted what the specs are could someone tell me if I purchase this, would it work for any other company.  I passed this company's employment test without a foot pedal.  Can someone recommend a foot pedal tha ...

Why Can't Account Specs Be Kept Current?
Dec 03, 2013

Second large account I have been placed on and, again, account specs are not up to date. When they send them out, you study them, focus on them while you are working, only to be sent an updated edition 2 and 3 times. Before you ask someone to help on your account and send them specs, is it too much to ask that they are current? Isn't that your job? My primary account specs are so outdated, I do not know how anyone could work on it either. ...

What Are The Minimum Specs For Using Your Own Computer?
Jan 25, 2014

Got laid off from company that supplied computers. Have to find another job but not sure if I should go buy a computer or what kind if I do. Apparently not a lot of companies supply a computer. If I have to buy one, I'd rather buy a laptop. Can you work from a laptop? If so, what would the minimum requirements for that laptop be as far as RAM and CPU, operating system, etc. I would think most new laptops would meet most companies' requirements? Any advice would be appreciated so ...

Universal Specs Could Be Used For Any New Account If Only
Aug 02, 2014

1. Type what the provider says. 2.  Leave a blank when unintelligible.  3.  Send here _________when finished.  Have the attorneys not explained to these people yet that the more responsibility assumed for unachievable perfection is just that much more liability they will bear for the inevitable errors that occur? Good grief, they must have never tried a case in a real court of law.  ...

Can Someone Tell Me If These Computer Specs Are Acceptable...
Oct 13, 2014

for most jobs: HP DC5800 Desktop PCDual Core Processor 2.0GHz 2 GB 160GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Thanks! ...

Well The Emails Are Flowing Regarding Acct Specs......
Jan 23, 2013

They must have a lot of new people on this account. Maybe if they paid a decent salary that we can live on, there would not be such a turnover with this company. I've read on these boards in the past how people skim over headers and zip through reports because they are making such crap wages and have bills to pay. ...

Requesting Advice On Computer Specs
Mar 06, 2014

Since I'm still using Windows XP, I need to change to Windows 7 OS to be HIPAA-compliant.  I will either buy a new computer or have one built for me.  Since price is a huge factor, I would like to spend the money on only the most important features (RAM and sound card).  Could anyone please advise me on how much RAM, size of hard drive, best sound card without going overboard, etc?  Preloaded or built from scratch?  Desktop or laptop? Like I said, since money is so ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...