A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does Nuance do coding as well as transcription? - MT12yrs

Posted: May 03, 2012

Just curious if Nuance is into coding and if they specifically hire coders or move their MTs over into coding?  TIA.  You all are really informative.  I am with Transcend now, so am trying to keep my food down reading all the Nuance info. on here. 

I haven't heard that they are - WMX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know about the coding, but I haven't heard that they are. I stayed on when we got bought out at WMX because we were promised many more "opportunities" with Nuance, but none of that has come to pass. I was hoping to learn something else and was excited about the Nuance University, but we have not been given access to that so far. Good luck to you.

Thanks for your honesty! Just looking for some hope here, lol - Thanks! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Coding Transition - nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance doesn't, but Precyse and Accentus both hire coders, as well as transcriptionists. Perhaps try contacting those two companies and start first as an MLS, and then transition into their coding department? I do know to be a coder from home, you will at least need your CCS or equivalent, schooling/certification or mentoring, and typically 3 years of inpatient coding experience. Though, some companies will let you in if you pass your cert, as the test is quite lengthy and difficult and shows your skill set. Also, try Indeed.com and simplyhired.com. Both sites list tones of coding jobs, and your best bet might be a local hospital to get experience, plus I believe you will be paid hourly, quite a jump from the current slave wages MTs are earning now. With cert, jobs in my area, Southeast, are hiring at 45,000 and up. I am currently in school for coding as well, and cannot wait to transition :)Best of luck to you with Nuance and your future in coding!

Coding - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Amphion is another company who hires MTs and coders/abstractors but their standards for coders seem to be pretty high. I don't know if the work at home companies pay hourly. Most on-site coding jobs these days are salaried but you are still expected to meet production standards, i.e., code a certain number of cases per day.

Similar Messages:

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Transcription To Coding
Sep 07, 2010

I've been an at-home medical transcriptionist for a national company for a little over six years.  I loved my job until February when my company went over to VR.  I'm not happy with the voice recognition and have decided to go back to school to get certification for coding.  I'm wondering if anyone else has transitioned successfully from transcription to coding.  Are you able to apply what you've learned in transcription to coding?  Are your day-to-da ...

Transcription & Coding ????
Nov 03, 2011

Im planning on taking the MT course soon through MTEC or ANDREWS(still up in air which one). But I would also like to take courses to become a CODER also. I feel it`ll be beneficial to me to be trained & eventually receive my credentials in both. I think it`s best if I go through the MT course first then while Im working I can go through the coding course. Since im obviously new to this I would like to hear your opinions PLEASE. Too bad there isnt an integrated course for both! Thank you all! ...

Is Medical Coding A Better Way To Go Now Rather Than Transcription?
Mar 29, 2011

Is medical coding now a better way to go rather than transcription? ...

Coding V. Transcription/Editing
Aug 22, 2013

Hey Everyone! I'm going to take a chance and attempt to get some objective answers to my questions. I'm interested in pursuing training to become an MT/Editor, mainly because I'm very interested in working part time from home. I'm an extremely diligent worker with a lot of attention to detail and am very self-motived, which makes me feel like I may have some of what's needed to do the job. I currently work as a law assitant, which is a great job in an extremely crappy w ...

Transition From Transcription To Billing/Coding
Nov 14, 2011

I am a medical transcriptionist that has been typing radiology the last 11 years. My job is going to be phased out by voice recognition soon. I'm thinking of going back to school for medical billing/coding. Has anyone else made this transition? Do you like or hate it? ...

Medical Transcription Versus Coding/billing
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an idea which career might pay best, medical transcription or medical billing/coding? I am curious about which pays best. ...

54-year-old. Should I Go To School For Coding Or Stay In Transcription? Sm
Mar 05, 2010

At my age, should I try to go to school for medical biilling/coding or just stay wtih transcription or try another job (JoAnn Fabrics, etc.).  I am 54 and not sure what to do.  Any ideas out there?  If coding, what schooll(s) are good on-line or in AZ or OH?  Thanks! ...

Medical Coding - Leaving The Transcription Industry
Dec 12, 2010

I wanted to ask anyone out there how to go about leaving the transcription industry (11 years in) and going into medical coding.  Do any of you know of a bridge over program at any of the institutes?  I got my education at a community college that is nationally accredited so I can transfer credits.  Just curious before I start really looking.  Thanks ...

Negative Feedback Regarding Augusta Coding And Transcription
May 09, 2012

I have been reading all of the negative feedback about Augusta Coding and Transcription and I am so upset.  I have been with this company for almost two years and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  They have been the most flexible and easiest people to work with in the world.  There are monthly fees for platform and direct deposit, about $13 per pp,  but that is what being an Independent Contractor is all about.  I have not worked for a company yet that doesnt charge anything. ...

Augusta Coding And Transcription Charge A Monthly Fee For Their License
Dec 02, 2011

I have an offer to apply.  I noted they charge a monthly fee for their license free.  I have lots of acute-care experience and I have never paid for anything like that.  A little hesitant about that though.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  At the present time, I really need a job.   Thanks ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Nuance Transcription/need IM Buddy
Mar 11, 2012

I have recently been hired by Nuance Transcription. If there is anyone out there who wants an employee as an "IM buddy" through the Nuance Comagent, please let me know. I have found it helpful to get and give input from other coworkers versus asking a question to a supervisor and waiting 24 hours to get a response. ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines
Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below: "This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless t ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Frustrated With This Place
Mar 29, 2011

I need to know if it is just me.  I am so frustrated with this place.  I thought I would enjoy getting paid by the line instead of hourly, but they just seem to do what they can to slow us down.  They are constantly changing the account's specifics so you have to stop and read a paragraph before you can type EACH report.  Also, constantly changing your account.....today you are on _____, then tomorrow without warning you are on _____.  Also, it seems like every QC has a different way o ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

30% Nuance Clients Refuse Offshore Transcription
May 17, 2015

and the other 70% are in for a very rude awakening. ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...