A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yea! All my hard work over the past 3 days - earned me 8.00 on the bonus!

Posted: Mar 12, 2012

Glad I put in all that extra time!

woo hoo now you can supersize your burger king meal - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I got 12! - what a joke

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't even get OT. Boy do I feel like a fool for working. 12 whole dollars. 3 gallons of gas.

And this is why I dont go above and beyond my 40 hours - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
x

one of these times - call their bluff

[ In Reply To ..]
It always kills me that on the bottom of the email they say they won't pay out more than $500 in bonus money. Why is that? I figured it out and to earn $500 a person would have to type/edit 16,000 lines over and above their magic number! I also figured at an average of 300 lph that would take me about 53 hours. In 4 days. Not including my magic number which is quite high. One of these times when an incentive is offered I am going to kick the husband and kids out for a long weekend and work and see them freak out over paying me for the full incentive and about 40 some hours in OT. Do you really think they will cap it at $500? Do you really think the $500 will be the least of their worries with 40 hours of OT? Just once I would love to call their bluff!

I have not worked an incentive weekend for years - - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
My incentive goal was just a little under 5000 lines. It is ridiculous; however, I will work all the OT I can get. That makes a big difference in my paychecks.

I do love that $500 cap though. That just cracks me up.....

Good luck with kicking the fam out to go for it!!!

Similar Messages:

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

She Has Had **MRI's** In The Past
Feb 02, 2010

x   ...

PAST
Mar 30, 2012

The patient underwent a "PAST".  It's an OB/GYN procedure.   TIA  :) ...

Bye-bye Past --- OMG Seriously?
Apr 12, 2012

Just when I think I can't possibly be more amazed by the ineptitude of this ASR program. ...

Hard To Take It Seriously--sm
May 07, 2014

I am actually checking FIESA right now as I was placed on a new account almost 2 weeks ago but I am having a hard time taking these scores seriously as I just saw a report of mine.  I left a blank , I did hear welder but the sentence was poor and I clearly heard retired earlier.  The sentence QA put in is:  He works welder.  I kid you not.  This next paycheck I pay a bill off.  There are things I need some money for and I keep trying to remind myself of that so ...

It Is Just SO Hard To Try And Do My Very Best For
Jul 15, 2014

a company who treats me like garbage.  I get a warning for 2 (yes just 2) reports that have quality issues (they say).  Hmmmm.  Never had this problem before. ...

How Do I Look Up Past Reports?
Mar 03, 2010

They said we would be able to look up past reports on specific patients and by specific docs, but I don't know how.  Anyone? ...

Does Anyone Use EMDAT Or Have In The Past?
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone use EMDAT or have in the past?  What do you think about it?  Thanks for any information. ...

Atrocities Past
Mar 23, 2010

I just remembered the Impact Room.  I wonder how many trial-and-error programs we've been through over the past couple years.  They must have a whole team of people who sit around all day and come up with one scheme after another, all of which are eventually scrapped.    ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

Has Anyone In Recent Past Been In A
Aug 22, 2010

It is about group being out of work.  Just curious. ...

Past Pointing
Dec 31, 2010

For those of you who have been wondering about "past pointing", it really is that.  The doctor actually spelled it out!  ...

What Is The Past Tense Of I&D
May 03, 2011

I was going to go with I&Dd, but that doesn't look right.  Or spelled out would be "The patient had an abscess that was incision and drained"?  That doesn't look right either, but just unsure. ...

From What I Seen When Looking Up Past Docs In DQM
May 14, 2011

People are not doing a full listen/correction. There are some pretty blatant errors, and these errors are being repeated by subsequently dictating physicians who are obviously using other documents for information (as it should be). Blatant errors such as allergy to medications that don't even exit, blatant lab errors that are counter to some of the diagnoses. I shamefully admit to not doing a full listen when I first started voice recognition was back in the beginning, but quickly noted ...

Blast From The Past. Sm
Jan 08, 2015

I was purging papers and came across an earnings statement from TL in 2001 (yeah, I know, way overdue on cleaning out files). Back then, my base pay was 0.0925 and the 2-week pay after taxes, insurance, 401K was $1100. In comparison, today my base pay pretty much is 0.035 for VR and 0.07 for straight. It is possible to make a higher rate at Nuance, but it is not easy, so I do not expect it. My last take-home pay prior to the holidays was less than $600. Also, my TL line count was 3000 higher for ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

How Hard Is It Going To Be To Fine A New Job...
Oct 16, 2011

after being fired?   ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

$$ Your Pay, Your Hard Work!
Mar 31, 2012

I am wondering if you all feel like I do, many years as a transcriptionist and the industry has changed so. I used to be able to earn an income that I could live on and now half that amount!  I would like to hear what your paychecks are, the amount of hours you work and is anyone satisfied.  No names, of course, yours or the companies!  I, personally, absolutely kill myself for $10/hour.  For some unnamed companies you are suppose to earn an established amount ...

How Hard Is It To Get A Job Once You've Finished A Course?
May 24, 2012

Hello.  I would like to switch from transcribing to coding.  I'm considering CareerStep.  Would it be very difficult for me to find a job where I work from home, or just finding a job at all?  Thank you. ...

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

Hard To Believe What Mgm Asks You To Do
Jan 13, 2013

This past week editing a report and the dictator was giving the diagnosis. By the way this was an ESL so lots of the voice recognition was wrong to start with, numerous corrections had to be made. The guy started out with 1 and then 2 and dictating away. They then said #6 and I did not hear the numbers in between. I sent instant message telling mgm and was told after the fact I should have divided the categories. I am not a physician, could not differentiate that clearly to start with, the guy c ...

How Hard Is It To Get A TSM Job At Nuance?
Jul 13, 2014

If I have 5 years experience as a transcriptionist and a Bachelors degree in education, do you think I could get a job as a TSM?  I don't have experience as an editor or manager and haven't gotten my CMT so I don't meet all the requirements they list, but I'm wondering how picky they are? ...

New Hard Drives
Aug 07, 2014

I haven't received my new hard drive yet. Are the main programs already loaded on. ...

Hard To Believe The Same Companies
Jan 18, 2015

of being 'fit' places for which to work with actual work for which you'll be paid a fair 'wage,' when oftentimes that is just not the case. There continue to be 'companies' posting repeatedly on the 'Seeker's' board that have no business doing so. There is either little or no work, they do not pay 'on time' if at all, and the wages are sub-standard/subminimum. You are lied to from the moment you have the misfortune to have been "on ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

How Hard Will It Be To Get Job After Not Doing Mt For 14 Years
Feb 13, 2015

How hard do you think it will be to get a job after not doing transcription for 14 years. I have an AAS degree in MT and several years experience, but like I said that was a while back. Just wondering about my possibilities... ...