A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What a nerve! Did you guys see the "poll" on MQ Central? - State of Disbelief

Posted: Dec 21, 2009

They're asking if we've finished with our Christmas shopping.  Why didn't they leave a space where we could write something in, like for instance:  Due to the fact that I'm making minimum wage, we're not exchanging Christmas gifts this year.  What a bunch of jackasses.  I'm sorry, that's insulting to jackasses (the 4-legged kind).

Yes, I saw that and they did leave off - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
the choice of answering - I have not finished because I have no money to buy Christmas presents! This survey definitely didn't have the MT with pay cuts in mind!

Christmas is not happening this year. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm barely squeaking by and in fact had to borrow money from my sister to pay the rent two months ago and haven't been able to pay her back.

Regarding my last paycheck, I just don't understand how I could have worked so hard and earned so little. The big difference was more ASR.

I hope this next paycheck will cover the rent, and I hope I'll still be able to buy some groceries.

I've just got to survive until mid summer when I finish my occupational training and get a job that can pay the bills. I'm not happy about having to get a "normal" job where I have commute and be away from the house all day.

My Santa gift wish list is money or grocery store gift cards.

Yes, you may think I am just sitting here crying in my soup, but at least the tears help fill the soup bowl. LOL - gotta laugh about something. And, at least I am doing something about my situation with job training - just gotta hold out until I finish.

training - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What are you training to be? I'm considering my options regarding a new field of work.
Dental assisting - uses my knowledge and can't be out sourced. nm - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]

Christmas - Claudia

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, shopping is NOT what the holiday is about. Unfortunately, big, greedy businesses have MADE it so, forgetting the real reason for the season. It's easier for one to not shop...when one is broke and has had even more taken from them.

Merry Christmas to all the Scrooges out there.

Xmas shopping - bahhumbug

[ In Reply To ..]
my sentiments exactly -- they were probably too chicken to leave a comment section -- if MQ Central is slow now, it probably would have been bogged down with all of our responses!!

We all know whose Christmas is going to be very Merry this year with no doubt bonuses to go along with it, which if they do get bonuses they should really be ashamed of themselves, but they're smiling all the way to the bank -- they seem to forget it's the season for giving, especially to those who are in the sweat shop making their fat paychecks for them.

xmas shopping - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The only ones getting bonuses are those in the suits - which I hope they can really truly enjoy. This reminds me of the sweat shops back in the 40's when the bosses got the credit for what the workerbees were doing. They should be ashamed but I bet you that their Christmas parties cost more than most of our yearly salaries! Shame on you MQ Bosses including the area directors, regional directors and COO (we know his name). Hope you can sleep at night. Enjoy your Christmas - many of us will be lucky to have a turkey on the table.

Geez - did anyone get a Christmas Card from any of them? I missed mine! Excuse me while I go back to see IF there are any jobs for me to do tonight.

Similar Messages:

Getting On My Last Nerve
Oct 26, 2010

Ever since our FTR plan, I rarely send anything to QA.  I usually only have 1 blank occasionally, and if I can't hear it, most of the time QA couldn't either, so I send the blank.  Got new accounts.  I was doing fair with that.  I don't know what has happened, but I am getting the bottom of the barrel yesteray and today.  I have had to send 3 or 4 reports to QA because of the more than 3-blank rule.  That is depressing that I do the reports and get vi ...

WHAT NERVE!
Feb 15, 2011

"Experienced, high volume and ready to work". Oh yes, and they pay 7 cents a line - whoopee!   ...

I Wish Someone Would Ask OTI (I Don't Have The Nerve!)
Jan 30, 2014

I wish someone would ask the sisters or one of the A's what honestly is going on.  All I get is "Work is just slow right now."  RE: the post below about the docs saying something about Dragon, it really makes me wonder.  I wish they'd communicate the truth. ...

Pharyngeal Nerve?
Mar 31, 2011

Status post right pharyngeal nerve injury with C3 to C7 fusion requiring further surgery. The surgery was reportedly complicated by a right recurrent pharyngeal nerve injury requiring subsequent surgery with improvement and complicated by left rotator cuff tear which has required two surgeries.   Am I correct here thinking this would be  "pharyngeal nerve"? Thanks ...

S/l Crown Nerve 5
Jun 03, 2011

Would "crown nerve 5" be right in the following sentence?   She has sensory deficits in her right face particularly around the second component of   crown nerve 5 but also some sensory deficit globally in a stocking glove distribution in the right upper and right lower extremity.   Thanks so much!   ...

Doctor Saying S/l Halacele Nerve, But ...
Dec 02, 2009

shouldn't it be hallucal nerve?   The patient is having trouble with her feet and he states the diagnosis is... neuralgia at the medial s/l halacele nerve (hallucal) tia. He does not pronounce it as hallucal, but I cannot find anything else. ...

Nerve Root Lips
Apr 18, 2011

On this laminotomy, ever heard of "these nerve root lips were tucked"  Could lips be correct? Makes sense, but unsure.  HELP! ...

Peroneal Nerve Sgy: S/l Poutic's Out
Apr 26, 2011

Doc is saying that s/l "poutic's out was identified just distal to the fibular head."    Wha???? Found something calling the peroneal nerve the "pout" but am stuck. ...

Ulnar Nerve Transfer
May 23, 2012

Clearly spells "Leiiermont" ulnar nerve transfer.  ...

Hypogastric Nerve Block
Jun 01, 2012

SL ... "alar clot"  "This was done while injecting a small alar clot of 1% Lidocaine to anesthetize the tract."   Thanks!     ...

Nerve Struck At Nuance
Jul 16, 2013

Rountable re MUP minimum wage, conference calls re MUP? Seems to me that someone is squirming at Nuance about minimum wage and it makes me smile.  :) Keep up the pressure fellow employees. Has the the Dept of Labor been in contact with them recently?  :0   I realize Nuance thinks they are above the law but they do have another thing coming in their near future.  Watch out TSMs. You will be held accountable also, for the higher ups will ensure they are not ...

Fibrinate Nerve Complex?
Aug 05, 2013

This dr. is driving me absolutely nuts!  Thanks for any help. ...

Obvious Vessel Which Is *empining* The Right 7th Nerve. Thanks. Nm
Dec 10, 2009

nm ...

CA Median Nerve Make Sense?
Mar 01, 2010

At the same time, he has weakness of abductor pollicis brevis (CA, median nerve) as well as numbness of first finger and thumb on the left (median nerve C6).   I am not sure what he is referring to when saying CA and wonder if this makes sense? ...

S/l And Trazedine Or Metrazadine Right L4 Nerve Root.
Mar 14, 2011

There is mass effect on the exiting right L3 nerve root and "trazadine" right L4 nerve root. ...

Love Nerve Root Retractor
May 25, 2012

Is "love" of love nerve root retractor capitalized?  Thanx! ...

? Rt Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy Surgery Sm
Jul 03, 2013

The patient received 2 grams of Ancef with a one-hour cut time, had s/l CDs placed on the lower extremities.   Thanks!  ...

Q Poll
Mar 23, 2010

Yes, I'm taking a class related to my field or job role. --- Now what would that particular class be?  English as a second language?  Eponyms 101? ...

Another Poll.
Mar 23, 2010

I would like honest answers. Who will be writing an essay?   I, for one, will not be for so many reasons I can't even state them all, but you all know them well.  The sad fact is that I have only been with MQ since October.  Was promised the moon...but, well, we see where that has gone.  I don't even know where my primary account is anymore!   I fully believe that even if NO ONE submits an essay, there will be a "winner" anyhow, but I'm curios to see ...

6.1 Poll
Sep 15, 2010

I'm one of the holdouts on switching to 6.1.  I use my own computer, a Vista 32 bit and it sounds like it should work.  However, there are so many people complaining how sluggish their computer is now, while others say they are having no problems, I'm curious.  My questions are: 1.  Are you using your own computer? 2.  Is it Vista, XP or Windows 7? 3.  Are you having problems with 6.1 being slow? I guess I'm hoping to hear that my computer will ru ...

I Would Like To Take A Poll
Oct 08, 2010

Hello, I would like to take a poll on who would like to talk to the QA people about your feedback?   Or do you not want to talk to the QA people?     ...

MT Poll
Dec 23, 2011

I am curious as to the status of other MTs around the country.  If you are a regular production-paid MT working as an employee or IC for a transcription company (i.e. not a team lead, supervisor, owner, etc.), I would appreciate your feedback in this little poll. How many years have you been in this business? What company do you currently work for? What platform (if any) do you currently work with? How many lines per hour do you average? How many hours a week do you work? What is your ...

Re THE POLL
Dec 23, 2011

For all of you who screamed (yes I heard it as screaming or whining) about the purpose, ulterior motives, etc.  For gawd's sake, if you are posting anonymously, what does it matter to give the particular information the poster asked for?  No, I'm not the OP and I'm not an MTSO, don't own a suit.  Just someone who can't figure out how some of you get through life being outright miserable, suspicious, and unhappy.  Sharing info with another MT (or even ...

How About A Poll?
Oct 17, 2012

Like this message if you believe there is no future in MT and that the best plan is to escape.  Dislike this message if you believe in MT and think what we need to do is unionize or use some other means to try to save it. ...

Poll: A $38,000 Course?
Apr 06, 2013

For the posters here looking into other fields of employment and/or courses, what would you do if you were contimplating getting into a field that you were not thoroughly in the know about, and an online university offered a couse in that field for $38,000? ...

POLL: How Many Are MEs Vs MTs? (sm)
Jun 17, 2013

For those who still do MT work, I'm curious to know what your work situation is, inhouse, outhouse with MTSO, IC with direct contracts to MDs/facilities? ...

Something Of A Poll, But What Would You Do If You
Jun 12, 2014

knew you were about to be fired?  Stop right then, keep working??  I am just curious. ...

Can We Do A Pay Poll?
Oct 30, 2014

I think it will help us all to know where we stand.  Maybe put a range of experience first, like 1-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 and 15+ and then your Regular/SR rate (not including any eve or weekend differentials).  I'll start:  11-15 years of experience.  0.0825 regular/ 0.0465 SR. For me, this is a pay cut recently.  I was working at a different company until recently, making .09 regular and .05.  Even though I know this MT thing is going down, it still suck ...

Poll
Jan 15, 2015

I got dinged on an audit for putting 4 x 4s, was told it should be 4 x 4's.  Just wondering what the concensus is. ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...