A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wonder if Mmodal regrets signing the indian contract - pm

Posted: Mar 01, 2013

They have terrible accuracy and a lot of the US MT's are leaving because of the no work situation. I wonder if they regret ever signing the contract with India.  I guess you get what you pay for

No, they do not regret it because M Modal is - based out of India

[ In Reply To ..]
They WANT the US MT's to leave because of the no work situation. Their stated goals on the CBay main page is to have 80% of the work processed in India. If they get the US MT's to leave, that makes it easier for them to justify shipping it off shore because then they can claim that they can't find qualified MTs.

HOpe it comes back to bite 'em in the butt... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
They may be named next in a lawsuit when errors occur, just like Precyse was. Wouldn't that be a great thing for them! What goes around comes around, just hope I'm still alive to see it.

Also, their profits have soared with the increased use of ILP. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Saw that in a quarterly report sometime back, and it specifically mentioned it being due to shifting of more accounts off shore.

ILP - miffedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't care about accuracy anymore. It's all about the bottom dollar and the India MTs work for less. I hope they all sink! Dirty buggers!

Similar Messages:

I Leave MModal With Absolutely No Regrets!
Apr 05, 2013

I didn't get let go, fired, or whatever they spin it to be.  On Monday, I got a phone call from a place I was trying to get hired on with.  They had an opening, asked me if I was interested in doing transcribing.  I told them, not really.  But, after she told me that they have brought all transcription back in house, I had to come to the interview, if not for any other reason than that, curiousity.  It seems they tried "everyone" out there in terms of tran ...

I Googled MModal Indian Coders And Found Out There Is A
Mar 11, 2014

x ...

Anyone Signing Up For This?
May 29, 2014

Love the title of the presentation! ...

Just Signing On
Oct 29, 2014

or just me?  Thank goodness for MT Stars or I would be perpetually in the dark! Thanks ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

Signing Petition Against Offshoring
Oct 16, 2010

Google American Transcription Association and go to their website and they have a petition that you can sign that is against offshoring ...

Another Petition, This Is Worth Signing!!!
Nov 28, 2013

Just in case the link doesn't work here it is... http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards This petition is very well written and will go straight to the Joint Commission.  Thanks! ...

LOL. Doubt Anyone Will Be Signing Up With Trans. Doctors
Mar 15, 2010

now that we all know they don't pay until they get paid.  Someone there must not have read the company board before they made their job posting for today. I might need a job, but I don't work for free for anyone.  Desperate times?  You bet.  Even worse is to be so desperate as to work for a company that has not paid even after 6 weeks have gone by with no guarantees that you will be paid in another 6 weeks. ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of thi ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Proof Docs Don't Review Before Signing
Sep 26, 2011

Just typed a letter to a peer review committee regarding a discrepancy in an operative report and a discharge summary.  The doctor gave the explanation that it was simply a typographical error either from his mumbling or unclear dictation, and that the dx listed in the discharge summary did not make sense and he would not dictate that. Yes, he actually admitted it could have been from his mumbling.  But, why didn't he catch that incorrect diagnosis when he signed the discharge sum ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Security Document Signing The Norm?
Jun 06, 2014

Just getting a chance to finally get hired!!! A requirement is to electronically sign documents swearing to confidentiality and another stating that "Additionally, as part of our contract with the Florida Department of Children and Families, we must ensure that each of our Independent Contractors meets the department's internal security and HIPAA confidentiality requirements. Are these normal to be signed by companies?  ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed Any Problems When Signing Into Fluency. It Seems
Oct 30, 2014

for the last two days it has been very slow at times loading and this morning it logged in very slowly.  Not sure what is going on. ...

Doc Manually Signing A Letter Or Chart Note
Jul 14, 2010

I work for 9 specialty docs so I type a lot of letters.   Two of the docs have me stamp their outgoing letters with their name.  One doc has a manual signature line.  Our physician insurance company representative was recently here doing an audit and said that is not legal and that the docs must sign each and every letter or at least initial them.  Can you tell me if she is correct?  Is there somewhere where I can actually get some documentation as to the ...

TT/IMEDX: Anyone Getting This Error Mssg When Signing Into Fluency?
Feb 04, 2015

"DEP.Shell.Transcription"   ? ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Something FISHY About Iridium Services. After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 05, 2010

Did we just help them get rid of their backlog? ...

MDI Contract
Mar 15, 2010

I was looking through papers this morning and happened upon the contract MDI had us sign last January as independent contractors, but to be treated as statutory employees for FICA.  I didn't see anywhere where it stated an end date, and it did state that the contract was transferrable to any entity that might acquire MDI, if I read and understood it correctly.  Does that mean that Transcend was then bound by that same contract?  I am just wondering, since our line rate w ...

IC With No Contract
May 12, 2010

I was hired to work as an IC but with no contract.  Does that sound okay? ...

IC Contract
Oct 26, 2010

Need information.  Contemplating going IC instead of employee and have very little knowledge about IC work.  Does the MTSO draw up the contract or the MT?  Any helpful hints would be appreciated. ...

My Contract With TT
Mar 09, 2014

What happens with my contract with TT if I send all my information to iMedX? Would I then be an employee of iMedX.  Can I be fired (by whom) for not giving them my informaton?  I do not know who they are.  I thought since TT merged that I was still employed by TT.  Can I get unemployment if I refuse to give my information to iMedX? ...

MDI/TRANSCEND CONTRACT
Nov 21, 2009

Got my contract today!.  No surprises.  Everything straightforward.  Sounds like a good deal to me!! ...

IC's, Did You Draw Up Your Own Contract? Sm
Apr 20, 2010

Can you all tell me if you drew up your own contracts, went to an attorny, etc? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Contract Abuse?
Jun 26, 2010

Hi,   I have a big dilemma and I need help. I have been working for the same company for 6 years now. At first I worked for a bunch of doctors and a hospital and then quit the other docs and the hospital because one of my doctors said that he did not like to share and that he wanted me to work only for him. I did not know that was illegal to do until recently being that MTs are contractors. So I have been working for this one doctor and all the nurses and interns in the office for about 5 ...

Question About IC Contract
Aug 31, 2011

I have never worked as an IC before, only as an employee. I was offered a position by a company looking for an IC, and they have an IC contract that they send you and want you to sign. Is it common for an IC contract to contain the clause that you must provide 14 days' notice if you are resigning and that if you provide less than 7 days' notice they have the right to withold 50% of the monies owed to you? I can completely understand that they want adequate notice (just like any employe ...

Contract For Doctor
Nov 14, 2011

If you have your own account, is it necessary to have the doctor(s) sign a contract before you start with them?  Thanks ...

Contract Concern
Nov 13, 2012

Can someone please help me. I am new to the company, I have not been here 90 days yet. my TSM is "gone" so I have a new one now and have not yet spoken with her. I am very concerned because I realized that my "contracted" rate of 4 and 9 cpl at 150 lph does NOT meet my state minimum wage, I rarely get straight typing to get the 9 cpl. I also am not meeting the 150 lph yet, even so that is only like 6$ an hour, that is horrible. I should have done my math beforehand. I didn't think they coul ...

Well, I Got My Mercedes Contract...
Sep 06, 2014

Knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad....and VBC, no headers or footers. ...

RE; OTI Contract. Does It Sound To Anyone Else
Sep 06, 2014

like they are making this contract so miserable that NOBODY will go with them? 0.65 cents per VBC line?  What a bunch of crap!!!!! ...

Mercedes Contract
Sep 10, 2014

I decided to send them the contract e-mail back stating I would not be accepting and why - that with 20 years experience, I will quit the industry before going that low and that there are still other jobs out there willing to pay more (even if it is only for 6 months to a year that they told me it would last).  I said if they get no takers and want to consider offering us more, please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully, we all do the same.  Good luck. ...