A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I get regular emails for MT job listings....I find it perplexing that - Kiki

Posted: Aug 21, 2013

M-Modal has a current job opening listing for PART TIME MTs (there is a separate listing for FT ones too). WTH is up with that? I mean, I myself was planning on giving my notice soon enough to this crappy company and actually was glad I was laid off instead of quitting...at least now I am eligible for unemployment until I find another job....but really, WTH? It's not an old listing, has TODAY's date on it. What is the reasoning?

Most likely they're hoping that only offshore - applicants will respond to their ad. N/M

[ In Reply To ..]

They get out of paying Obamacare - Boatloads of MTSOs are doing it

[ In Reply To ..]
nmm

Not sure I understand this....exactly what do they get out of? - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever it is, I believe it.....Don't put anything past them...just don't know what that means....

Under Obamacare, their money contribution is higher. - unintended results

[ In Reply To ..]
Companies don't have to offer or contribute to health insurance if an employee is under a certain number hours - basically part time. Many large companies are decreasing employee hours to the magic number.
Companies - were
[ In Reply To ..]
doing this long before Obamacare so they did not have to offer insurance. Also, most of the people being laid off are part time, so where does that logic fit in?
Yes but M2 in India pays for the employee's - ENTIRE FAMILY to have insurance
[ In Reply To ..]
as well as transportation, etc. Barking up the wrong tree here, i'm afraid.
Yes - and
[ In Reply To ..]
India has national healthcare, as many countries do.
It is also dirt cheap - Big coding failure
[ In Reply To ..]
The exchange rate is .02 on the dollar in India. Medical care is also cheap (and of poor quality). M2 can afford to provide coverage to workers and their families because they are paying pennies on the dollar.

Similar Messages:

Is It Just Me? Openings And Peruse The Various Listings
Dec 27, 2009

As I scroll through various openings and peruse the various listings, it is astounding to me how many employers do not know how to word the description properly.  E.g., they fail to include the most basic info, such as whether it is a telecommuting or an on-site job (and it's not clear from the duties and responbilities).  Not including those details wastes everyone's time (if an applicant is interested, they must ask the question, then await the reply).  Then, of course, are th ...

Lost State/city Listings Help.
Jan 17, 2010

I had trouble with my computer and have lost my listing site of states where I could get city names.  Does anyone have such a site and can you give me the site please.  Thanks ...

SOFTSCRIPT HAS BAIT AND SWITCH LISTINGS AGAIN!
Mar 18, 2015

Here we go again, around and around!  SoftScript is looking for more trainers, mentors, and managers!  What is wrong with them?  Every few days they post these same jobs.  As I have said before, these are not real positions.  If you apply for one of them, there is a good chance you will be hired.  However, after you work there for a few days, you will receive a phone call or an e-mail telling you that you are not the right fit.  It happens over and over and ove ...

Regular MT Vs. MQ ASR
Feb 03, 2010

I'm curious about something - maybe it's because when I started doing MT, it was straight typing.  I've only been doing ASR 2.5 years. Has anyone noticed if they're more accurate when doing regular typing than they are with ASR?  I have.  I rarely make mistakes with straight typing but sure can have a lot of typos, duplicate words or whatever pop up on the ASR.  Plus, as an added benefit with regular MT, whenever the dictator pauses, I close my eyes for ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Heart, Regular Rate...
Jan 18, 2010

dictated" heart regular rate and rhythm, no s/l octopi noted? i dont think she's talking about an octopus!! ...

Open Enrollment For FT Regular
Apr 29, 2011

I got an email about open enrollment for PT flex, PT limited and and  FT limited.  Well, what about FT regular?  Why does everything have to be so long and drawn out and complicated with this company.   I just want the darn information! ...

Does Anybody Work Standing Up On The Regular?...
Jul 08, 2013

I've been standing up at my counter, working... I think I'll like it once my feet get used to it.  I was wondering if anyone's tried it and was able to keep it going.  I know it's supposed to be easier on the body than sitting 8-10 hours a day, but it does take some getting used to! ...

If You Run Out Of Work During Your Regular Hours
Nov 05, 2014

Do you work or do you not? ...

Advice Needed For VR + Regular Transcription
Oct 25, 2009

being paid hourly for VR but also am now doing regular transcription intermingled randomly so hourly pay is becoming "pay by the minute" because 1 report will be VR for a coupla minutes, then the next is regular.  anyone else experiencing this?  if so, are you making any substantial money, can it be done? many thanks, gitarMT ...

The Patient's Regular Physician Is Dr. Pepper.
Jul 26, 2010

x ...

Just Curious..how Many Of You Run Out Of Work On A Regular Basis?
Dec 09, 2014

They are pulling all of the coding students to do HDS work for 2 pay periods because volumes are out of control.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their Regular Monthly Bonus As A Separate Check IF It Were Over $100?
Oct 26, 2009

Down below someone said it only comes as a separate check if it is over $100. Mine have always been in the 120 to 150 range and I have gotten a separate check.  But for the past 2 months, nothing.   CCM has no idea what is up.  Just wondering if anyone's bonus if over $100 came, as usual, as a separate check.   TIA ...

Mail Perge. Forward To Your Regular Email
Sep 18, 2010

FYI:  If there are any emails you need to save for reference before the perge, go into that email, hit forward, and send to your personal email.  ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

I Was Getting A Great Line Count, But Now I Am On My Regular Accounts.
Aug 01, 2014

Just shoot me now. I had some great accounts that are outside my area coming in. Unfortunately, now my regular accounts are showing up and my count is taking its usual dive. Bad audio, crummy output. And the compliance coach thinks it is me that has the problem??? Performance coach was performance managing me for "failing" audits, i.e. getting 99.65%. Now she is our compliance coach, so I am getting informed that my line count is teetering just below the requirement. I let her know that ...

How Much Is A Terabyte When Comparing To A Regular Audio File? In Hours?
Apr 09, 2013

how much is a terabyte when comparing to a regular audio file?  How much shoud I charge? ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

I Have Had It. I Get Emails The Other Day
Sep 21, 2010

that we cannot send reports with more than 3 blanks through on TWO of the accounts I work on.  Right now, I have one of the worst dictators on one of those accounts.  She is ESL and she whispers.  To top it off, someone is standing very close to her running a VACUUM CLEANER. I CAN'T HEAR her because she is whispering and the vacuum is running.  So, yay me.  I will probably have more than 3 blanks because of all this and will have to send it to QA even though they ...

Emails Like The One We Just Got About PTO,
Oct 17, 2014

all the red tape, the power over our lives, no flexibility anymore, no mercy in case of emergencies or appointments, lists and lists of rules.... I work every single other holiday there is all year long, hoping to take off Tgiving and Xmas.  I work NY Eve, NY, Easter, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc.  But even though there's never any work on those 2 major holidays, apparently now we MUST work one of them, i.e., ruin all family plans just to get NJA all day anyway.  ...

When I Get Those Emails Saying
Dec 07, 2014

I feel like saying: Hey, no thanks, I already have 4 accounts, 2 of which I have no interest in. Here's an idea, how about you get all those people on my accounts, which I have been doing for years, off of them, so that I can have my work back? How about you get them off my accounts and give THEM the new accounts? I have enough trouble making decent line counts at all because: (a) no work because overstaffed on my primary. (b) secondary and tertiary accounts unfamiliar and pages of new ...

MQ Central Emails
Oct 27, 2009

Has anyone else not gotten any emails on MQ Central.  I have not gotten 1 since 10/22/2009???  Not even the daily tip????? ...

Has Anybody Else Gotten Emails Today From Their CTL
Nov 16, 2009

Has anybody else gotten emails today from their CTL.  I have gotten 4-5 of them so far from both CTLs in my area.  I thought this position was suppose to have been eliminated.  I wonder if they had a change in plans? ...

We Have Been Getting Emails From Corporate
Apr 02, 2010

about how wonderful we are.  We are on the list of Best of the Best.  Keep up the good work.  Our QA submission is down thanks to all of you.  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  YET!  THIS EMAIL ABOUT NO MERIT INCREASE AND 401K JUST HAPPENED TO NOT BE SENT BY EMAIL, BUT IN MQCENTRAL.    HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM!  GEE, I WONDER WHY NO PERSONAL EMAIL? ...

CCM Not Responding To Emails
Apr 27, 2010

Is anyone else out there wondering why their CCM won't respond to emails.  I sometimes get a response in a few days.  Sometimes I never get a response.  What's up with that? ...

Deleting Old Emails
Aug 17, 2010

The company I used to work for didn't want us to delete old emails in their system. I can't find anything in MQ saying if we are allowed to delete old emails or if we are supposed to keep them all. Anyone know?   ...

Emails About Webinars...
Dec 29, 2010

I just got an email about webinars and I would love to take the one about grammar and punctuation but it costs $125!  Is there anything out there like this that's free?  I can afford free. And I feel like I need to take an ASR refresher after reading the posts below.  For one thing, I complete forgot about the F11.  ...

What Do You All Think Of The Below Message. Ccm Emails
Nov 23, 2011

My ccm sends out emails about her personal life to share.  I do not know how far we can go on here but its about her expected bundle of joy in the not too far off future. To me it does not seem professional.  The first time I saw the subject line I thought we were all getting a raise and then I thought wait, that would be wayyyy off here.  What do you all think? ...

Emails Monitoring How Much We Do
May 07, 2012

Well, I will not be reading these emails calculating how much time we are working and "goofing off."  They will only make me less motivated and quite frankly angry.  I am not a robot, there are times after a long difficult report that I have to step away from the computer to give my brain a few minute break.  As long as I do the required long count and then some, I will not concern myself with this emails. ...