A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Decrease in MT salaries. - mmmt

Posted: Sep 24, 2012

Husband just called, was listening to Dave Ramsey - A man called the show and stated his wife's income had decreased by $900/month.  Ramsey was astounded and asked why?  Man explained that his wife was a medical transcriptionist.  It's now been on national radio, not a secret anymore.

Cant we all call and say how depressed we all are? - Mine has decreased more than that

[ In Reply To ..]
Before 2006, my gross paycheck was 1800 every 2 weeks. Now, 750 every 2 weeks gross.

there's only one way to feel worse - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
go over to the coding board and let them beat up on you for awhile.

You bring that on yourself over there. - Give me a break!

[ In Reply To ..]
You go over there looking for a fight, and you find one. Your attitude is not going to help you get or keep any job after you leave this one.

You make us all look bad!

Do you think our info being on the radio will bring about a change? - It wont, nobody cares but another MT. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean the rest - of us dont. We DO care. GO AWAY.

[ In Reply To ..]

I said we, MTs, do care. It is the rest of the world, struggling to - make living, that does not care. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

I wish that was all my pay was decreased - SassyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
After I lost my hospital job and going to an MTSO, my income dropped over $2000/month.

Dave Ramsey and decrease in salary - doctyper

[ In Reply To ..]
What timing! My brother called me tonight and told me to call in on Dave Ramsey's show and ask him what he thinks about the working more hours for less pay predicament. What did Dave say?

Similar Messages:

Decrease In Pay!!!!
Feb 28, 2010

Has anyone received a raise lately from MedQuist? I've been working for Medquist for 9 years. I was roped into becoming a medical editor 4 years ago with the promise of making more money because I wouldn't be typing. They told me that I would be 80% of my base MT pay....then 1 year later they decreased it to 70% of base pay and then now 60% of my base pay. When I complained about this to my supervisor, she said that she was told that Medquist was going to somehow update the software wi ...

Rate Decrease
Nov 24, 2009

During this transition time I was trying to decide between IC status and employee status.  I was doing this because I thought that being an IC would save my 1/2 cpl decrease that you get with employee status.  However, in my packet, my rate is now 9 cpl, down the 1/2 cpl as mentioned, but the choices were still FT, PT or IC.  That makes me wonder if we all got cut down to 9 cpl and even if I would have decided to go with IC status, my rate would still have been cut.  Did any ...

Any Folks From MDI Get Notified Of Pay Decrease?
Oct 16, 2009

Has anyone been notified that they are not producing enough so their cpl is being cut?  Have you been reduced/demoted to prn?  Is the reason you have not produced enough because there is seldom work available?  I see trouble ahead.  ...

This Newest Decrease In Pay Reinforces My Decision
Mar 02, 2010

to quit.  I gave my notice last week.  CCM called and talked me into staying.  I said I would try it out a couple of more weeks.  The next day I got 2 ASR reports, one a 9 minute report with over 200 corrections and a 4 minute report with 56 corrections.  I was so ticked off that I just logged off on Friday and haven't logged back in since.  I haven't checked my e-mail, so I don't know if I have been fired yet.  This newest screwing makes me ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

MT Salaries
Aug 15, 2010

I was looking at the job postings at the local hospital and noticed something very odd.  The hospital here is hiring kitchen aides with no experience or education and the pay offered is $700 a month more than what they are offering for their MT positions.  Kitchen helpers are starting at $2769/month while MTs are starting at $2069.  Something is wrong with that picture.  I was thinking of applying as an MT, but now thinking maybe I should just apply as a kitchen aide.  I ...

Salaries
Oct 13, 2011

I found out today that a local community pays teenagers $11 an hours for temporary summer jobs.  Are you making $11 an hour?  Does an MT with 20 years experience deserve more than a teenager with a summer job?  I still work for MQ because it's just a few hours a week to supplement SS.  If I were younger, I would do anything and everything I could to get the heck out of here. ...

Recommend Continuted Use Of Zan Acid To Decrease Heartburn.
Jan 10, 2011

? ...

SALARIES OF CCMs
Apr 07, 2012

Just curious but how much money do the CCMs make?  I've never been able to find an answer to this question.  Also, do you have to have a certain number of years transcription experience to be a CCM?  I'm not interested in the position, just curious.  I've also never understood why sometimes communcation with them is bad.  Why do they go for days without sending out emails to the MTs sometimes?    ...

Coding Salaries
Jan 24, 2015

I say "sorry" in advance if this has been posted before, but I am new to the Coding forum. I plan to get out of MT and go into Coding.  I have decided on The Andrews School.  I have a contact who is the CEO of a remote coding business, and she highly recommended this school. When just quickly talking about salary, she said coders make between 50K to 60K, which would be wonderful.   What I am wondering is ..... are coders paid by production or hourly.  Thanks for any i ...

Antibiotic To Decrease The *colony Counter* Ulcers In Her Foot ...sm
Apr 26, 2011

I would add an antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot and try to speed up the healing with doxycycline. ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

MT Salaries - Upping The Anty
Feb 28, 2011

I have been an MT for over 25 years - In 1982, I was making 10 cents a line. In 2011, I am making 10 cents a line, which doesn't even include Capital Letters! I have read many posting on this site complaining about lack of income....and what I've realized is WE have sold out our profession by being willing to not demand higher salaries; yes, we have competition from outsourcing companies around the world who are willing to work for peanuts, but with all the new HIPPA rules, etc., this ...

With The MT Salaries STILL Dropping To Below Minimum Sm
Jan 07, 2014

wage and at the same time that insurance costs & deductibles are rising, more and more MTs are now working only for some semblance of (overpriced) insurance ... There is virtually nothing left that can be called "salary". ...

Line Rates - You Can Check Out Salaries Of The CEO, COO, And CFO
Jan 13, 2012

You can check out salaries of the CEO, COO, and CFO of publically traded companies at the securities and exchange commission website.   It will open your eyes and now that we are all working for what we did in the 80's, you will find we have more in common with the unwashed masses of the OWS movement than we thought.  ...

Nuance Exec Salaries (formerly Transcend)
Oct 02, 2012

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/858452/000119312512123549/d317599dex99d5.htm   ...

Check Out 2011 Executive Salaries
Aug 13, 2014

Poor Mr. Davenport only earned a little over 3 million.  So sad.  I guess my giving up eating was worth it.   http://www1.salary.com/MMODAL-INC-Executive-Salaries.html ...

Former Transcend MTs--don't Miss The Exec Salaries Posts Below
Oct 03, 2012

Doesn't this just make you sick--Sue Mc stays at Nuance for $295,000 per year plus bonuses, stock, and perks.  Larry G gets a severance package after end of year for $347,000 to include perks and 18 months of COBRA.  And we're making less than ever!!!!!   ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...