A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot ...sm - Shasta

Posted: Apr 26, 2011

I would add an antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot and try to speed up the healing with doxycycline.

decrease colony count of ... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! Duh. nm - Shasta

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Decubitus Ulcers
Dec 16, 2009

Pt has numerous ulcers. Dr. keeps saying "decubiti." Steadmans says plural is decubitus, not decubiti.  But online says plural is decubiti.  Which is it? ...

Skin Ulcers, Wound VAC Or Is It V.A.C?
Feb 24, 2010

Vacuum-assisted closure.  I can't find abbreviation in references, and online it's both ways.  Wondering if anyone knows for sure if officially there are periods in it or not (when client preference not stated). ...

SLE, No (s/l Pallor) Or Mouth Ulcers
Jun 11, 2013

"She has had no new symptoms, no rash, no photosensitivity, no alopecia, and no (s/l pallor or pallid?) or mouth ulcers, and she has resolved arthralgias." Patient has systemic lupus erythematosus. I see reference to malar rashes but not "pallor." Is that correct? Word definitely starts with a "P". Dr has Indian accent. I see that thrush can be common. ...

S/l Aspice Ulcers? He Takes Maalox/Benadryl Mouthwash For Them?
Dec 03, 2009

? ...

Decrease In Pay!!!!
Feb 28, 2010

Has anyone received a raise lately from MedQuist? I've been working for Medquist for 9 years. I was roped into becoming a medical editor 4 years ago with the promise of making more money because I wouldn't be typing. They told me that I would be 80% of my base MT pay....then 1 year later they decreased it to 70% of base pay and then now 60% of my base pay. When I complained about this to my supervisor, she said that she was told that Medquist was going to somehow update the software wi ...

Rate Decrease
Nov 24, 2009

During this transition time I was trying to decide between IC status and employee status.  I was doing this because I thought that being an IC would save my 1/2 cpl decrease that you get with employee status.  However, in my packet, my rate is now 9 cpl, down the 1/2 cpl as mentioned, but the choices were still FT, PT or IC.  That makes me wonder if we all got cut down to 9 cpl and even if I would have decided to go with IC status, my rate would still have been cut.  Did any ...

Decrease In MT Salaries.
Sep 24, 2012

Husband just called, was listening to Dave Ramsey - A man called the show and stated his wife's income had decreased by $900/month.  Ramsey was astounded and asked why?  Man explained that his wife was a medical transcriptionist.  It's now been on national radio, not a secret anymore. ...

Any Folks From MDI Get Notified Of Pay Decrease?
Oct 16, 2009

Has anyone been notified that they are not producing enough so their cpl is being cut?  Have you been reduced/demoted to prn?  Is the reason you have not produced enough because there is seldom work available?  I see trouble ahead.  ...

This Newest Decrease In Pay Reinforces My Decision
Mar 02, 2010

to quit.  I gave my notice last week.  CCM called and talked me into staying.  I said I would try it out a couple of more weeks.  The next day I got 2 ASR reports, one a 9 minute report with over 200 corrections and a 4 minute report with 56 corrections.  I was so ticked off that I just logged off on Friday and haven't logged back in since.  I haven't checked my e-mail, so I don't know if I have been fired yet.  This newest screwing makes me ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

Recommend Continuted Use Of Zan Acid To Decrease Heartburn.
Jan 10, 2011

? ...

Antibiotic Help
Nov 13, 2009

The patient was given IV antibiotics using s/l mirim 1 gram IV q.12 hours. Thanks. ...

Antibiotic - S/l Cef Sa
Dec 29, 2009

Thanks for any help! - he has chronic sinus infection and on a 3-week course of s/l "cef sa" ...

Antibiotic Name
Jun 09, 2010

For pancreatitis, an antibiotic that s/l metroceph - very clear.  ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

Abscess And Antibiotic
Sep 04, 2010

The patient is being seen in followup of s/l craniotomy bed abscess.  He remains on empiric antibiotic s/l faropueis. ...

TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC
Sep 08, 2010

Is anyone familiar with a topical antibiotic that s/l Santeel? or Santheel?  A lady was trying to treat an abscess with it. ...

Antibiotic Drug
Oct 04, 2011

Too early in the morning for this!!!  lol  Doctor is saying what sounds like "diparpamin" for an antibiotic or "aparpramin"?  Any ideas?    ...

Antibiotic For S/l Nexus
Oct 19, 2012

He is also taking an antibiotic for s/l nexus. ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Anal Stenosis And Antibiotic Tolerance
Nov 19, 2010

This is the sentence that was dictated:  "The patient does not tolerate antibiotics well because of a congenital anal stenosis..."  I can't find any relation between the two, does anyone know for sure? ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

D4 Antibiotic Treatment For Helicobacter Pylori Infection
Feb 13, 2010

MD states what sounds like, "She was given D4 antibiotic treatment but could not tolerate it on her stomach and after seven days stopped it."  This antibiotic tx was for Helicobacter pylori.  I can almost make myself think he is saying, "She was given the full abx tx but then the sentence would not really make sense, would it?  Can anyone help?  Dictating MD is a neurologist and referring is Internal Medicine.  Thanks!!! ...

Pt Is To Apply A Thin Layer Of Antibiotic Ointment As
Jan 08, 2012

x ...

Page Counter
Jul 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is software that will count pages for reports that are one continuous file with multiple pages?   I have tried several, but they count the file as one page, rather than delineating each page separately. Thank you. ...

Over-the-counter Meds
Nov 23, 2010

Is it Extra Strength Excedrin or extra-strength Excedrin? ...

Keystroke Counter
Aug 05, 2012

Looking for a program that will only count keystrokes done within a document.  I have a bunch of templates but cannot count that part just the stuff we are typing.  Any suggestions. ...

Keystroke Counter? (sm)
Sep 08, 2013

VR drafts have BECOME so far off what was clearly dictated that it is taking LONGER to edit than it would to just transcribe it.  Not only do I have to re-transcribe it, but delete full sentences and phrase that sound nothing like what was clearly dictated!  As MTs we used to be paid for our keystrokes which was fair.  Today we probably put in twice the keystrokes we are paid for.  Anyone know of a cheap keystroke counter as I think this would be very useful in a suit again ...

Line Counter
Apr 14, 2014

Does anyone know of a good simple line counter software program that will count lines (even if only one or two words on the line), plus headers and footers.  I do not need all the invoicing stuff and all that. I had free Abacus version 2.0 for years.  I have a new computer with Windows 7 on it and can no longer download Abacus as they have apparently gone out of business.  Trying to find a replacement, either free or cheap ($20). ...

Foot Debridement S/l Bocasterile Foot Dressing
May 10, 2012

Operation of debridement for necrotic tissue.  "The patient's s/l bocastera/bocasterile foot dressing was applied." I'm bad on brand names (if this is one). Any operative expert MTs know what this might be?  Thanks. ...