A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another confusing fill-in by MME..........hematocrit of 340??? - Kiki

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340? 

A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which is why it didn't sound right even though the dictator said it).......

Go big! - meetoo

[ In Reply To ..]
That is absolutely wrong.

Heres mine:
Pulse ox 500%.

I thought it stopped at 100% but what do I know. Maybe that 500% was how many ESLs I did yesterday?????

hematocrit - report it

[ In Reply To ..]
I would definitely report this to your supervisor and/or QA supervisor. This needs to be checked out. I had one where the blood pressure number on the bottom was bigger than the top number and QA filled it in too. Would you believe that my supervisor CALLED ME before I had the opportunity to report it, and he was wondering why I would actually have been so stupid? He also told me that the QA supervisor called him first. Turns out they thought I wa the QA person that entered it; as I was QA once at that company and they had not changed my information. It took me forever to explain to them I was not a QA.

So it needs to be reported, whether or not that is what the doctor said, it should NOT have gone to the client that way.

Did you leave a QA note stating there was - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a discrepancy like we're required to do? If you did & they put that anyway, then I'd report it.

We were told anytime the doctor says something incorrectly or there's a discrepancy of any kind to where the QA could 'hear' what he's saying & fill the blank, we are to leave a note pointing it out to avoid that happening accidentally because they have to go through them so fast. (So much for 'quality'.....)

huh? - speed demon

[ In Reply To ..]
We also have to go through them fast and can pick out that a hemoglobin of 340 is NOT correct. Why would an EXPERIENCED MME need a note stating that? Isn't it obvious?

If they need a note to let them know, I should also get a note to let me know before I type it that there is a discrepancy.

Unbelievable...

Do whatever you want, but that's the rule. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
where can I get a list of these rules? - golden rule
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with other poster. I am also paid on production and have to work fast. It should me MMEs job to pick out gross errors.

I never received a list of MT rules, so if you could please post these or direct me to the MQ site to find them.
Thanks.
You weren't trained? I don't care - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
how you handle it. During training, we were told we HAVE to leave a QA note anytime there's a situation like this to avoid an accidental mistake, which would come back on both the QA and the MT as well, so I leave a note like I was instructed. If you don't want to take the 3 seconds to avoid a possible mistake, then more power to you... whatever. I do for patient safety as well as to cover my own butt.
We were told to QUIT leaving notes - Foz
[ In Reply To ..]
It used to be that we had to leave notes saying 'discrepancy' or whatever the issue was, but the other day we got an e-mail telling us not to leave any notes at all, other than just inserting a QA marker.
Whatever.
I can't keep up with the changes here. One day, do this; next day, do that. It's almost comical.
Wonder if that's a client preference? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
QA Notes - Oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what the client has to do with this--the MME deletes the note anyway. If there's a separate rule for the MME to let the client know, that's a different story.

I left MQ several months ago. At the time, I was a QAS. We bounce to the Markers so fast you can't believe it, and we were always told that the MT is to leave us a brief note about discrepancies. The only notes I didn't want were poor sound quality notes(QA already knows that when we listen and will notify the client if need be), a book explaining how long you researched before leaving the blank (we trust you), and the worst of the worst, sounds-like notes. In fact, most Client Profiles say to use note only for certain things, so that should be followed. Anything else is not helpful to QA, you know, now MME.

I'm sorry to see that rules have changed about the discrepancy issue. That's a sad state of affairs. The hemoglobin one is pretty obvious--I always tried to read a word or two before and after the Marker, but many are not obvious to the MME--it's not like they full QA the report. Most discrepancies can't be picked up by the MME--like if dictator says left at the top, right at the bottom and there's a QA Marker at the bottom--we're just going to fill in right and send it on if there's no note from the MT.

However, that is MQs problem. They make the silly rules.

Whether note is left that it is a discrepancy or not, - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
any EXPERIENCED person would know that is not correct, I don't care how fast they need to go through reports. There is no excuse for that unless it is an untrained person who knows absolutely nothing about lab values, etc.

Yea, what she said . . . - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Definitely turn this one in. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

fill-in by MME - perplexed

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a fill-in a couple of days ago on psyche report with poor sound and mumbling resident.

Risk of ____________. Filled in by MME as risk of elopment (spelled wrong).
I feel like "elopping".

did you leave a note telling MME to spell correctly? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
???

Was that an attempt at being funny? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Fail.

MME fill-in - perplexed

[ In Reply To ..]
I did NOT leave note to MME because I was not aware we could communicate directly with MME. I would appreciate knowing how to do that if it is possible. I thought I would have to leave it with CCM (or whatever she's called), and I didn't think it would serve any useful purpose.

As for "always complaining," the MME's job is to correct our work and try to fill in blanks, and it is true that she filled in something I could not understand; I applaud her for that, BUT I would assume that, if she is correcting my work, she should be able to spell at least better than I can.

You people kill me, complaining about everything. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This poster couldn't get anything at all out of it, and the QA figured out the word but accidentally left the 'e' off. That's a lot closer than the original MT got, LOL. All the time wasted complaining and tattling! Imagine if the QAs or MMEs sent an email to the CCM every time they found an error...

you lost me - CAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would MME send an e-mail to CCM for errors? Don't they just correct the errors?

Also, I do not think the OPs were complaining about a vowel being left off, it sounds like gross errors that could affect patient care and should be reported.

I don't see anything wrong with that, just my opinion though.

MME mistake - MMEs are human

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it's frustrating to see an error filled in on one of your reports, but it seems like that is something to take up with your CCM and not to bash the MME for it publicly. MMEs make mistakes too. I can imagine if the MMEs came on this board and talked about all the mistakes that the MTs make (and believe me, there a lot that you would really scratch your head over), you would have a problem with it. Yes it is the job of the MME to correct what the MTs do. If you need to vent, scream a few times and move on, but at least be the professional that you were hired to be.

re MMEs are human - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you an MME or management? I used to be a professional but MQ has taken that away from us.

Amen to that! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's very unprofessional to find a single mistake & post it on a message board rather than taking the proper steps and reporting to your supervisor. These same MTs would have a fit if it happened the other way around.

I agree, everyone makes mistakes; however filling - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in the hematocrit with that number is not a mistake, it is a blatant error and an inexperienced person makes that error--it does not even make sense.

Similar Messages:

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit
Jan 13, 2010

Having a brain burp, the physician dictated hemoglobin and hematocrit increased to 12.2 and 35.1. The question is do I put the lab values with the correct lab work? Thank you in advance. ...

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit WAS ____, BUN And Creatinine WAS ___
Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE" ...

His Hematocrit Is Actually Very Stable S/L Rel-uv To Prior Values, Although I Think It Will Drop Som
Dec 30, 2009

ty ...

2 Confusing Ads
Jan 17, 2012

There are 2 somewhat mystifying ads posted on another site. One has the company name as EdoScribe, but the link to their site is invalid.  Googling yields nothing, but I did get at hit under ECHOScribe.  Is this a typo made more than once or is this a new company that hasn't yet set up their website? The second "strange" ad says they are looking for weekend MTs, but the job is listed as FULL-time.  Things that make you go "hmmm..." ...

So Confusing!
Jan 17, 2013

If 5 or more blanks on Snotface account, send an email to supervisor, but if 5 or more blanks on Snotface account with Dr. Booger, no need to send email because focused audit on that account.  But continue to send email on other accounts with 5 or more blanks with cc to quality supervisor, except for accounts by Dr. Puke. So exasperating!  I just ignore these now after having accumulated about 50 post-it notes with reminders.  I just threw the reminders out and am winging it.&nbs ...

This Is THE MOST Confusing Company
Jan 23, 2013

Everywhere you look is a chore, website, email, remedy,,,WTH? Anyway after flipping through various places, can someone tell me where I find the benchmark thing to look up terms? ...

TTS Pay? Confusing Information
Feb 19, 2013

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is currently working for TTS.  In searching the forums, it seems some people are making 3 cents per line and others are making 4 cents per line.  Is there a reason for the difference?  Also wondering if they offer any shift differentials or production incentives/bonuses or anything like that.  How's the insurance?  ...

Pay Scale For IC A Bit Confusing......
Sep 26, 2013

Math was never my forte.  The pay is $1.15 per 1000 characters, 425,000 characters per pay period (part time) required.  I'll be working 20 hours per week.   ...

Confusing Message
May 04, 2015

So we get an email yesterday stating that now when we work extra hours/OT we have to pick up shifts off the swapboard instead of emailing TSM or schedule person to help them keep better track. Except this morning we get an email that work is current and to delay our starting times. So now are we to pick times off the swapboard in order to make up the time that we got delayed and are we still to keep working extra? Just once it would be nice if everyone could be on the same page. ...

Is It Me? This 6.1 Tutorial Is Confusing As Heck.
Sep 04, 2010

I'm trying to follow it, but the headings section is giving me a major headache.  Why are they even messing with this stuff? The numbering thing was the only thing that seemed worth it, but once I got through the tutorial, it realized it's not saving me much time.  The ONLY thing it's saving me from is writing the:  1., 2., 3....I still have to separate and list them.  I just finished the document check process.  It's just overwhelming.  One t ...

Misunderstood Or Confusing Dictation
Jan 31, 2011

I am currently in my last quarter of schooling and have a project I am currently working on. My instructor wants me to research the different ways of how to handle dictation that cannot be understood or is confusing and also how this procedure differs depending on work environment, such as on site, at home, large service, etc. I have talked to a few transcriptionists and some suggestions they have given are; speeding up or slowing down the recording, looking to see if the word makes sense accor ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

Be Sure To Fill Out
Sep 22, 2011

They made a point of saying they can't pay us for doing it.  Golly, we couldn't expect them to do that! They need every penny to gobble up more companies and for suit bonuses! ...

Have Any Of You Had To Fill Out An I-9
Oct 30, 2014

in order to be hired.  I tried to do this, taking it to a notary, who refused to sign it, saying they "don't do that."  So now I may not be able to get the job because the company requires this.  What have any of you done?  I went to a notary at AAA...maybe I should try a different one?  Ugh..... ...

DON'T FILL IT IN!
Apr 10, 2015

Okay, dictator is terrible.  Had to send to QC.  Please tell me how QC can fill in the blanks.  NO WAY.  I have been doing transcription for a long time.  Why can they guess at what is said and we can't.  If it isn't 100% clear, it should be left blank.  QC shouldn't be able to fill in what the doctor "usually" says.  If you can't hear it, DON'T FILL IT IN.  Maybe if they got all of their reports back they would try to do a be ...

Fill Out S/l Vanderbelt?
Aug 31, 2010

The parents also wanted to discuss his hyperactivity. I told them to fill out a s/l (vanderbelt) and I would re-evaluate  ...

So, How Do You Fill Out Timesheet When ....
Dec 24, 2014

I am taking PTO for Christmas and the day after.  I have worked Mon and Tues of this week with no real problem and have gotten in my hours.  Of course, because I have a cheesecake and other things to make later today, I get on this morning and there is NO work at all.  I wil try to get in my 8 hours for today, but what if it just isn't there?  I have no PTO time to use for today and I am NOT working tomorrow or Friday!!  So, my week will be 8 hours short o ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...

Why Should We Fill Out No Work Tickets Now?
Aug 15, 2013

Perusing the latest TSM diatribe too many work tickets means we need to change our schedule to one more fitting the needs of the accounts. Also if we fill out a work ticket we are not allowed to finish our current shift, we are done for the day. If we choose to make up those hours it has to be from a list of available shifts. So for the 50 cents or so I would get from filling out a work ticket why would I purposefully put a target on my back regarding schedule changes, end my shift prematurely ...

I'm Starting To Fill Out Job Applications
Nov 02, 2014

Good-by Nuance within the month.  Not even sure I want to hang around for the "exciting" changes.  ...

Fill In The Gaps Games
Jun 12, 2015

Well here we go again, fill in the gaps games in our POD.  Nope, no way, and if they change my schedule one more time to any later in the day, I'm gone.  Done playing their games.  Hire more people, stop demanding mandatory OT, and give actual bonuses and this would not be a problem.  P.S. Don't expect me to cover other "groupings" gaps.  I already work the weekend and late Friday night (still working), only have 1 full day off a week.  No threats to "chan ...

How Do You Fill Out An Application For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Jun 14, 2011

How do you fill out an application for Digital Transcription Services? I've been over their website and only found career opportunities but nothing about the application. ...

YOU Went To Medical School, I Didnt Fill In My Blanks I Leave
Mar 11, 2012

Cant believe the crap they are dictating today..Must be the solar flare.  they make up drug names that could be one of maybe 3 possibilities..Im pretty sure I know which they need but Im not the DOCTOR,,I just play one on the computer..Im leaving the blanks let them figure it out..Do your jobs correctly for a change..Kind of makes you scared to ever have to go to a hospital for anything. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

"please Remember To Fill In The Date Of Service"
Apr 29, 2010

well, the cp says to leave blank if not dictated, so put that in your pipe and smoke it...I know, it's the little things that make me crazy.  ...

Foot Orthosis S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"--SM
Jan 24, 2011

but can't be sure.  Entire sentence is:   I have fitted multidenisty FOs, (S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"), Pe Lite and Nickelplast base and trimmmed to fit existing New Balance walking shoes with additional relief to the second metatarsal head" Any ideas? ...