A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

been paid by the page as opposed to by the line? - alias

Posted: Oct 13, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has been paid by the page as opposed to by the line.  If so, what do you think of $1.75 per 1.5 pages of typing and $2.25 for 2 pages of typing...is that too low?  and about what does that average out to, approximately.  (no good with math).  TIA. 

depends on how many legals = a page 55-57 standard for a whole page - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So if you have to fill up a whole page to equal a page, take the lowest number and multiple it by let's say 8 cents a line, that person made $4.40 for that page getting paid by the line. But of course, we don't actually fill an entire page with words as we have headers and lines that consist of only a few words, so not sure how you would calculate that. I guess the best way to do it is do a page, calculate the character count and divide it by 65 (if that is the characters per line) and then multiply that by the rate of 7 or 8 cents a line, which is what seems to be the going rate for pay right now. You should be able to see what someong getting paid by the line at the rate versus your 1.75 per 1.5 pages difference would be.

I don't know how I typed legals or why, but that should be lines, sorry - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

pay per page - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I get paid per page at 1.50 a page. Believe me, it is not enough to make a living no matter how fast I am.
That's all I needed to know... - alias
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not need a math equation to try to figure it out...I needed someone to tell me what their experience was with it. Okay. thanks. Your reply convinced me. I sort of figured it would average out to about 0.05 cpl, so was going to decline anyway. Why do some companies ask you what your line rate is and then respond with "well, we only pay $1.75 per 1.5 pages anyway...is that acceptable to you?" NO! I wonder how they would feel if some company wanted to pay them 5.00 an hour for the work they do. They would be insulted, and so am I.

thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
I get 4.50 pp - Longtimer
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I am fortunate as we get this whether it is a full page, or 1 line on the page.

Those rates are extremely low. - Hope

[ In Reply To ..]
I get $1.70 per page for radiology.

My private account is $3.50 per page for correspondence for an orthopedic doc, many of it canned text for referral thank you letters.

Similar Messages:

Smartype Line Will Not Move With The Page So When I Get To The Bottom Of The Page
Mar 09, 2011

I have a question about Smartype and I will try to make it so it is understandable:)  I bought Instant Text because I had to have some way of moving my Smartype over into Word 2007 (I had Word 2002).  I have Instant Text turned off until I learn the new platform on the new company I am with.  My problem is this, the Smartype line will not move with the page so when I get to the bottom of the page it covers up everything at the bottom and I can only manually move Smartype by scrolling back up ...

Paid Per Page
Sep 10, 2011

I am with a company who works with legal documents.  I just started.  In order for me to go full-time I would need to type 75 pages a day.  Does anyone have experience with this type of pay?  And is it unreasonable?  I'm just scared I won't live up. ...

ANYONE EVER GET PAID PER TYPED PAGE??
May 07, 2013

I am working for a new company and they have different pay rates for different accounts. They are offering for a new account to pay $1.00 per typed (double-spaced)page. I've never been paid per page before, always per line. Is this a good rate? It honestly seems kind of low to me. ...

Being Paid By The Audio Minute Or Page
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone have a clue on how much is a decent per page rate or per audio minute rate?  I've never been paid either way, so I don't know what is a decent amount.  I have 21 years of experience as an MT.  Thanks! ...

Apposed Versus Opposed.
Mar 05, 2010

In this sentence "...the buttocks were opposed/apposed, wouldn't you say opposed?  I have a doc who is putting emphasis on the "a" but I would think it would be opposed.  What do you think?  This is a pilonidal cyst surgery. ...

New At Being Paid By The Line
Feb 06, 2012

Just curious...what is a good average of lines for 40 hours of work?   I'm used to making at least $25-26 an hour but recently was outsourced and now am getting paid by the line.  ...

I Would Like To Hear From QA Being Paid By The Line.
Jan 06, 2011

I've done QA in the past but it was for an in-house position, paid by the hour.  Production wasn't being monitored at that time and in that situation. Now that I've been working from home as an MT being paid by the line, I'm going back into QA. I'd like to hear your production averages per hour/day/week, what your current rate is or what that averages out to for you an hourly$ basis.  I know it can vary just the same as it does with MT.  Sometimes there ...

Being Paid By The Line As An Employee
Mar 07, 2012

If you are hired as an employee and are required to type a certain number of lines and are paid by the line, how come you cannot work over 8 hours a day.  Makes no sense to me.  ...

Do The Rest Of You Find, Being Paid Only Per Line,
Nov 06, 2009

Another poster stated they only get paid when they type (just like the rest of us).  Since going from per-hour to per line wages, I've been finding it nearly impossible to take any kind of a break whatsoever, whether it be a day off, or an hour break.  I make so little at this, that all I can think of while doing anything other than typing, is how much money am I losing.  Do you, too, start feeling guilty about unchaining yourselves from your desk for even the short ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Nuance QA Editors Paid By The Line??
Mar 28, 2012

I just saw an ad for QA editor at Nuance.  It looks like they pay by the line, is this is typo or do they actually pay QC by the line? ...

Employee Paid Per Char Per Line?
Nov 16, 2012

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of being hired as an MT on an employee basis and being paid on a character per line instead of hourly basis?  with no benefits.   Thank you for any input....I appreciate it! ...

Does Anyone Work ONLY QA (no Typing, No SR) And Get Paid By Cents Per Line
Jul 26, 2010

This is probably a dumb question, but please no snide remarks.  If you do not have any constructive comments, please move on.   If you only do QA and are paid by cents per line (NOT hourly), how do you make any money or plan your day.  Are you not dependent on how many reports other Medical Transcriptionists send to QA?  So, if everyone is just spot on and only 1 or 2 reports make it to QA in an hour, how do you make any money?    I saw the ad on the Job Seeker& ...

Line Rate Not Documented In Contrac, Nor How Often Paid
Apr 18, 2011

Or is it just me.    I emailed them to let them know this, just in case they inadvertently left it out, but received email giving me the line rate (which is different from the rate I received from recruiter).  Would you go ahead and sign the contract? ...

Experienced MTs; Paid By The Line Or By The Audio Hour?
Jun 11, 2013

I've been an MT for over 5 years and have always been paid by the line. I would think that most MTs preferred wage is to be paid a set amount per hour.  If this were not an option, what has given you more of an income, paid by the line or by the AUDIO hour?  What I'm currently being offered per audio hour comes out to less than what I was paid per line at my previous job, but the reports are easier to understand so it may be worth it.  It is basically both ...

Sample Contract For Employee Status Paid Per Line
Dec 15, 2012

The company I transcribe for has agreed to pay me per character line now instead of hourly rate, which is much more productive for me!   Question being, do I submit my line count to them and how do they deduct my taxes still???  Where could I find a company contract for them so that we both understand that I'm still their employee but paid cpl and a flat rate when doing office tasks once in a while?  Thank you for any samples/help. ...

Before Nuance, What Was The Highest You Were Paid Per Line/digital Minute/etc.
Oct 07, 2013

I'm just curious, I've been in this business for a long time now and haven't seen a raise in QUITE some time, but I sure as he!! saw higher paychecks than I see here. So, I'm curious. What's the highest rate you've been paid to be an MT? What were your daily requirements too, if you can remember? I'll start, my highest was $2.05 per digital minute and we were only required to do 65 digital minutes per 8-hour shift.  ...

Anyone Heard Of Having To Post Line Count In Fiesa Daily To Be Paid?
Sep 18, 2013

I switched to a new account and this is how the TSM keeps track. Where do I post this?   Never had to do this before.  In fact, I never even looked at Fiesa. ...

How Much To Charge Per Page And Half Page
Aug 16, 2010

I am interviewing for a job that would be three days in office and two days at home.  They requested my salary requirements, and would like to know what I would charge per page and half page for work done outside of the office.  I have never had to worry about this before, and I am not sure what to say.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I have been an MT for four years, two in a hospital and two working from home for different doctor's offices. ...

IMEDX-This Whole Page Is About Them, Maybe They Need Their Own Page!
Dec 23, 2014

nm ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Page 2????
Oct 11, 2009

Where is page 2???? ...

See DEP Now Page
Dec 04, 2009

A new stoplight and a TYPO in name of platform! ...

$1 Per Page?
Nov 19, 2012

What is a decent rate per page for interviews?  How about $1 per page? ...

Different First Page Margins
Nov 11, 2009

I am working in Word 2007. I am trying to make a template that has a different first page top margin. Can anyone give me some help? I have searched on MT Stars but can't seem to find anything. I have searched Microsoft help and nothing seems to be working that they suggest. So right now, each report I have to manually change the margins each time - getting VERY FRUSTRATED and wasting time. Thanks, Lorraine ...

Pay Per Page/legal
Nov 28, 2009

how does this sound for legal transcription work? this is my first time being offered (and quoted) this type of work and pay.  any ideas?  i did test for them and the verbatim legal test file was quite easy and well over 1-1/2 pages in a short amount of time.   <<<15 pages = $18.00 a page.  All pages count.  Usually less than 25 lines on a page>> any advice appreciated! ...

Page Counter
Jul 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is software that will count pages for reports that are one continuous file with multiple pages?   I have tried several, but they count the file as one page, rather than delineating each page separately. Thank you. ...

Page Count
Dec 01, 2010

I need a recommendation for a page counting software program. I have a new client who wants to be billed by the page instead of by the line. I thanking you in advance for your recomendations. ...

What Is Going Pay-per-page Rate? Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Trying to figure out what this would be comparable to line-wise.  ...