A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Working for more than 1 company? - need work

Posted: Feb 07, 2011

I know a lot of you work for two different companies.  But what about 3?  Those of you who do, can you handle it.  I am finally hearing from all these companies I applied to and I was thinking maybe I should work for 3 that way, I will hopefully always have work.

I can do 3 for a while but not long term. I can while deciding - which of 3 doesnt fit in the puzzle. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

working for more 1 company - CrazyMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I did that for about 2 months. It gets rather insane when things overlap AND the horrible hours worked just so you get it done. I quit the job I had the longest of the 3 because of the hours, among other things, and the 2 I work for are completely fine! Don't get burnt out - although I am about there anyway after almost 20 years!!!

I could barely handle 2 companies for a year...sm - sooootiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
To me it's easier to work on 3 different accounts for 1 company instead of trying to work 3 different accts for 3 different companies.

I had such a hard time trying to balance the 2 companies for a year though I did work one full-time and the other part-time...maybe if I did part-time for both but I needed the benes too much so kept one at full-time until I finally just got rid of the part-time job cause it was just too much to handle. I just worked more hours with the full-time job and got more back-up accounts. That was a long time ago.

Now I currently just work for 1 company with multiple accounts - two primaries and two secondaries in case my primaries run out which they never do.

Good luck and hope it all works out whatever you decide.

I have done 3 for quite a while. It's hard. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to be organized and you have to be really good to yourself to not be stressed.

I've worked 20 hours a week for 3 separate companies.

My tips:
1. Keep schedules grouped; don't work for more than 2 companies in any one day. Don't go back and forth between companies: Stay with one until you finished working for that company for the day then move on.

2. Study account information until you know it by heart.

3. TAKE BREAKS. I'm not talking about 15 min breaks. Work 2 hours, take a 15 min break, work 2 hours. TAKE LUNCH AWAY FROM YOUR DESK. Do 4 hours at your other company (work 2, 15 min break, work 2). Remember: Do all of company A's work for the day then company B's work. Do not do company A for 2 hours, then company B then company A again.

4. Don't waste a single minute of working time surfing, posting, checking email other than what is absolutely necessary for the job itself.

5. Don't eat or drink while working. Do it only before or after or on a break. Slows you down and will require you to work longer to make your line counts. Bad deal.

6. If you have kids and a husband to take care - forget it. Just do 2 companies. Work 24-30 hours for each if you are needing that much work.

I would not advise doing 3 companies for any length of time if at all possible but it can be done.

Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Currently Working For A Company That Pays 0.055 Cpl
Sep 07, 2011

Currently working for a company that pays 0.055 cpl.  How can anybody make any money?  Throw in their formatting and you might as well be working for free.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

I Just Started Working For A Company With VR
Oct 17, 2011

I started working for a company 2 weeks ago and it's about 99% VR, so I just edit all day.  Sometimes I would rather type it because it would be faster than editing. Other times it is faster to just edit it. The problem is, it is going to take at least the length of the recording to get the job done either way, but with VR I'm being paid only 4 cents a line.  It's the same work for less than half the pay I had before with straight typing. I just calculated up what I made ...

Working For This Company Is Demoralizing
Feb 28, 2015

Always on edge wondering what error they're going to ding you for next. Constant reminders of all you're doing wrong, and never getting told what you're doing right. Poverty wages. The only reason I'm working for this company is so I can keep my health insurance. The minute I get a new job, which I search for every day, I'm done here. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Who Out There Working For This Company
Mar 15, 2010

Who out there working for this company like it so far????  ...

Precyse Solutions - Considering Working For This Company
Jul 27, 2010

I'm considering working for this company.  I have an interview scheduled.  Can any current employees let me know what you think of the company?  Most of what I have read does not sound good. :-( ...

The Transcription Doctors - Anyone Has Or Is Working For This Company?
Sep 26, 2010

Was just wanting to know if anyone has or is working for this company?  If so how are they to work for? Thanks... ...

Started Working For A Company 2 Weeks Ago And
Mar 10, 2011

so, what do you think?  I started working with them 2 weeks ago and at first, you have to pend all your work to QA which I have been doing and I haven't heard anything from anyone.  Every other company I have worked with send you QA feedback so you know if you are on track or not.  I am just worried that this place is shady and when it comes time to get paychecks, I will have a hard time. ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

I Think We're All Going To Need PTSD Counseling After Working For This Company
Mar 08, 2014

It might take years of counseling to undo what this company has done to its employees.  This is like being in a really, really, really bad relationship that you can't really describe to anyone outside of it because it's so nightmarish they would think you were making it all up.  When it's all over and the lights are turned off (and they will be, soon), we'll all have the absolute craziest tales about this company to tell people, because nobody, absolutely nobody e ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

Has Anybody Moved From MT To Working For A Car Rental Company At Home. Doesn't Sound Too Bad.
Apr 23, 2014

One ad I saw starts at $12.45 an hour. Right now I make more, but it's only a matter of time until I don't. If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks!!!! ...

Wondering? New Company Working For Counts 65 Characters Per Line. Is This Normal? Seems High To
Nov 11, 2009

NM ...

If You Are Working For A Company In Another State, Do They Follow Their State Rules Or Your States?
May 12, 2010

x ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Working For The VA
Apr 24, 2010

Just wondering how the MT's that work for the VA like it. When you're directed to their web site, it really doesn't say too much.  Thanks ...

Working Either Way
May 10, 2010

I would like to work "outside" of home but it is quite a struggle getting the okay from my husband.  The transcription is pretty unbearable to me. Anyone else have that concern? ...

DQS Not Working?
Aug 06, 2010

DQS down for anyone else?  I try to log in and it says "failed to connect." ...

US MT Working Outside Of The US
Nov 12, 2010

I have an odd question.  If a US trained Medical Transcriptionist works from home (in the U.S.), but then decides to spend 1/2 the year (or more) in a foreign country, is it possible (ethical/legal) to continue working as an MT while in that country?  The MT would keep the US address, and bank account.  All paychecks would continue to be direct deposited into current U.S. bank account.  MT would continue to pay U.S. taxes on all monies earned.  Does anyone see anyt ...

Working With Pet
Feb 02, 2011

I have a new pet - a dog - who wants to sit next to me while I work. Does anyone have any ideas how to "update" my chair so this is possible. She's not very big, only about 15-16 lbs but I have no idea how to adapt my chair to make this possible. TIA. ...

Anyone Working For TSI?
Mar 18, 2011

I went to their website for the current job posting but my security software kicked me out of their site. Can anyone give me info on working there, good, bad, ugly???   Thanks in Advance! ...