A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why does everyong back AHDI/AAMT when they hurt us? (sm) - not a fan

Posted: Oct 04, 2010

Could someone please tell me why MTs are members of AHDI?  Everytime I hear about a new "rule" from the BOS, it does nothing more than lower my line count once again. 

I really think that this organization is for the employers, rather than the MTs.  The hospitals, etc, want you to follow BOS for all things that cut line counts, but then do it their way for other things.  Drives me nuts the amount of times I have heard, this account follows BOS, except for.............  

Our profession gets less pay year after year.  Now even our government won't pay for spaces.  Where in this world did this trend come from.  Last I knew, my thumb hitting the space bar was a key stroke.  IguessI shouldforgetaboutputtingspacesinmywork.  See how that goes over.  

I just wonder who appointed AAMT/AHDI the ruler of medical transcription?  Is it associated with JCAHO or the federal government?  Does it control HIPPA?  I just don't get it.  Maybe I should start an organization that undoes everything they do...  Think I would get any followers? 

Just my opinion, which we are all entitled to.  Now back to work, where I seem to lose money daily with new rules that bring my line count lower every day.  Thanks for allowing me to vent:(

To not a fan - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) was passed by Congress in 1996. It deals with privacy rules in regard to patient information and patient rights in regard to rules covering electronic medical records among other things. Confidentiality rules are not new and have nothing to do with AAMT/AHDI. JCAHO sets standards for healthcare organizations, and facilities strive for accreditation. They monitor many aspects within a hospital facility, the least of which is health care documentation. Please do some research and beome better informed in regard to their role in health care as well as HIPAA.

As far as AHDI, I don't know why people are members. Membership is not mandatory. There need to be some documentation standards for people to follow, hence the Book of Style. Asking if AHDI was a government agency was a silly question to which you probably already know the answer. Feel free to start your own organization.

I understand your frustration and thanks for venting. A little research would help you become better informed in regard to the issues you are addressing.

Definitely read Anonymous' informative post. Also, of course, - Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI is not trying to hurt us. The scary, runaway beast we're all riding is TECHNICAL CHANGE. It can't be stopped, by company or government, and every organization involved (EVERY one) is trying its best to harness and steer the beast in a bunch of different directions according to their personal interests, including some that would toss US all off to be trampled. None have succeeded in taking control, though, and none know just where we're all going to end up, not that the beast will ever stop anywhere for long.

AHDI is trying not to fall off like us but is also busy grabbing at the reins while we just hold on for dear life. What benefit their proposed direction would be to us can be further discussed, but the notion that they are the beast itself or somehow directing it is silly and ignorant.

Yeah, I get intolerant of willful ignorance, too. Remember the old saying, "People who will not read are no better off than those who cannot read?" In all of human history, it's never been so EASY to be knowledgeable as now.

Pragmatist - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks for your message.  I did not mean to come across sounding arrogant and if I did I apologize.  I didn't understand how the connection was being made to HIPAA, JCAHO and AHDI.  I was involved in HIPAA employee inservice at its inception all those years ago, and compliance is a very big deal where I work.  Perhaps that is why I am more aware than others.  I had assumed that anyone working in health care knew about the function of JCAHO.  I'm a coding student so maybe that's another reason all of thiis is fresh in my mind.

I belonged to AAMT years ago and was certified by exam.  The things they have done over the years have not been all bad.  Promoting professionalism and continuing education were positive things.  I remember reading many well-written articles in their Journal and attending some wonderful medical lectures.  My criticism of them is that they did not lobby for wage standards for the MT profession so now the MTSOs are able to do what they please.  It's been said on this board that AHDI  promotes offshoring of labor, I don't know if that is true.  The companies are trying to stay afloat and want to provide an affordable service to their clients.  They went looking for cheap labor and found it.  Poliltical forces were at play there, NAFTA may have opened the door to permit that.  I've been fortunate to have always had on-site jobs for employers who treated me well so never experienced working for any MTSO, it seems very competitive to me.  I don't know if anyone could have stopped the technological changes, those were probably bound to happen regardless of what AHDI did or did not do.  Like you, I perceive that as our biggest threat.

The membership of AHDI is not that big but their influence is considered to be huge.  I really couldn't say one way or the other.  I only wanted to point out that they really have nothing to do with HIPAA or Joint Commission.  It would benefit all of us to learn all we can in regard to health care documentation. 

That's all I want to say, thanks for reading this.

I have two memories of AHDI ...sm - Mist
[ In Reply To ..]
Neither is good...

The first event that happened was a 'certified' medical transcriptionist came in to our department, took the typical dictation test and could not pass the clinical exam....basic clinical chart note.

The second memory I have is being notified that I was in a class action law suit; that a settlement was reached and the payoff was going to AHDI. EXCUSE ME! I went through hell to earn that money, over 50% of my transcription was for ESLs, the usual watching my line counts drop for no explainable reason, and all of that was over ten years ago...nothing has changed. It sounds very familiar. Now I am looking to return to work hoping to be able to return to medical transcription only to find that it is still the nightmare I left or nothing available, at least not in this town. I consider the AHDI to be THIEVES!
Sorry you had a bad experience - sm - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I completely understand why you feel the way you do, I'd be the same way if I'd gone through something like that. A definite example of AHDI not being an advocate for MTs.

Interesting story about the "CMT."
as far as CMTs are concerned - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Over the years many people have claimed to be CMTs when they were not, just as others claim to be graduates of an MT school when they aren't.

That CMT exam is tough and someone capable of passing it can certainly do a basic chart note. I would suspect that the person taking that test would have had her CMT claim not to have been verified by AHDI.
My thought on CMT - sm - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Was that she "grandfathered" in, I know they let people do that for a while. I took the exam years ago and while I passed quite a few people in my group did not, it wasn't an easy test even back then.
I remember that. It seems like eons ago, doesn't it?! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'll join your organization as long as membership (sm) - Yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
isnt over $1.00 a year as that is all I can afford on MT wages. LOL. Ignore the snotty poster. I really wonder myself how AHDI gota so much power and say-so in the transcription business. They certainly arent for the MT and I would never join them or be certified by them. There is also an American Transcription Association website that opposes offshoring, but I cant afford the $100.00 membership. Maybe someone else can tell us how AHDI obtained so much power....in a kind and nice manner.

No way! Never have, and never will! Evil, greedy - organization that has ruined an industry. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

AHDI - carol

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would I want to be a part of an organization who is constantly (supposedly) certifying MTs in India and elsewhere out of the U.S. They are the biggest ripoff for American MTs I have ever seen. Was a member, never again!

Glad to see some MTs agree with me. (sm) - not a fan

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with all said, except for the Anonymous and Pragmatist. Pragmatist totally lost me, other than understanding she/he called me silly and ignorant:) I really didn't need the background of JAHCO or HIPPA either. Those questions were sarcastic. I new the answers, and was trying to make a point, as JAHCO and HIPPA must be followed or you get shut down.

I had forgotten about the "settlement" we got. Never did do anything with that. They weren't offering anything I wanted. The INDIA thing is a big deal though, hence the name change as they were no longer an American Association. Don't see the point of CMT either. I have been doing this job for 20 years and I know what I am doing as far as transcription. I do, however, have to do all the mandatory government "classes" online each year, since I work for the VAs. Also have passed a federal background check.

Well I just wanted to vent, but am happy to see that some other MTs out there agree. Thanks for "listening."

HIPAA/JCAHO - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
If you knew the answers, why did you ask the questions? There is no way to know if a person is joking from seeing printed words on a page. I don't like AHDI either but I was neither agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out that they have nothing to do with the other things you named. Maybe it's time to let go of this and accept the fact that MT has changed and AHDI is not going away. They've apparently done things that have hurt the profession but I am not being forced to join and neither is anyone else. Blaming them for all that has happened is okay if that is what you want to do but there are probably a lot of other factors involved that have brought about the changes we are experiencing, the standardized EMR and VR are having a huge impact, I don't think that was AHDI's fault.

Well ADHI has hurt the line count, thats for sure (sm) - not a fan

[ In Reply To ..]
In addition, if they hadn't been so active in the training of India MT's, who work for peanuts, maybe we wouldn't see our pay going down instead of up. Nowadays, they seem to think that 8c for IC is acceptable. Do you realize how much extra there is to pay in taxes as an IC? Just sad to be in a profession where the pay is being cut. My biggest gripe is their BOS which constantly changes for what seems to be the worse. I was told the other day, no more seven, eight, etc. Now it is to be 7, 8. Sounds petty, but it all adds up to less characters and less money:( The capitalize this, don't cap that, put periods, dashes, etc. What the heck does that have to do with anything, other than getting your butt kicked if you do it wrong? They say now b.i.d. (which is actually more letters surprisingly), is acceptable rather than bid. How many people do you know that would mistake 3 mg bid for the word bid???? Just nit picking. How about the AHDI making a rule of no abbreviations. That would benefit the MT:) But no, they keep adding acceptable things that hurt us. Everyday it seems that there is another acronym/abbreviation we should use instead of expanding. EGD really kills me when I have to use that;) Okay, I guess in the future, I will just have to start my posts with "SARCASTIC REMARKS INCLUDED." Sorry you thought I was serious about the association between all of them. As far as letting it go.... It is great to be able to come here and vent and share my feelings, so I guess as long as I am able....... Have a great day:)
Line counts - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope that being able to vent has helped you. I became an MT in the 70s and remember being taught to write b.i.d., t.i.d, etc. when I was in school. All of my employers wanted it that way so it's something that I've always taken for granted. The hospital where I worked had MT style standards even before AHDI came on the scene. I don't think that using numbers insted of spelling out the word was intentionally meant to ding your line count. It's probably an issue of readability, easier to zero in on a number value than a word. IMO, the goal of the BOS was to standardize things and try to get everyone doing it the same way, consistently. QC is a way of life where I work. We're expected to get 99% or our pay gets cut. No one likes it but that's life. BTW, if you think MT has a lot of rules to remember, try coding! LOL Best wishes and good luck.
Excellent Point About Coding Also Having Rules (That Change) - No Kidding!
[ In Reply To ..]
It seems that everything changes, but coding changes much more than MT does, and they have rules that don't bend and people who don't have a sense of humor if you bend them. LOL.
It is NOT AHDI that has hurt line counts. Just having a - WHO to blame?
[ In Reply To ..]
name to hurl abuse at does not mean it should be the target. Blame them for not holding back the tide if you want and trying to charge us membership fees we can't afford to do it. I'm not an apologist for AHDI and don't belong because it's just too darned expensive.

HOWEVER, once again, AHDI's actions reflect the pressures on this industry to bring the prices down. AHDI is not creating these pressures, which are far stronger than any organization or group of organizations. If AHDI refused to accept them, it would have been pushed aside and ceased to exist some time ago. Instead, AHDI is, in classic go along to get along fashion, doing what it has to do to stay in a position where it can help influence the direction the industry goes. I don't particularly trust them to do the job for us we'd want, even if they could, but at least they have managed to remain on their feet and somewhat relevant, which has actually been quite a good trick as far as it goes.

But for real, suitable targets of blame I offer:

Our long-broken healthcare "system" and runaway medical costs, by far the highest of all advanced nations. Need a name to spit out? How about Ptosis? Good for spitting and appropriate for a mess that is dragging us all down.

The patients for being placed ahead of us. We can still just call them "The Patients" but with appropriate loathing in our voices to make sure no one mistakes our intent for caring.

Blame those who think that's the way it should be and that, push come to shove, it would be great to get rid of us altogether. We can call them "Providers" because that's what those most anxious to spend transcription dollars elsewhere, but expressed with the resentment and hostility appropriate for an enemy our meaning will be clear.

Technology for providing an alternative to us. The Beast, of course. An unending constant stream of sick, weary, scared, and angry complaints and abuse, even blame for those extra pounds and lazy husbands, can be all piled on freely--The Beast won't notice or care.

The VBC, visible black character? NO. Not to blame. In itself, it is GOOD for us in the same way it is good for the providers. It makes it much, much harder to cheat us because it is so easily checked. It does not, in itself, mean we are paid less. Instead, lines are counted with roughly 55 characters instead of, say, the common 65. If you are being paid less because of this, it's because your employer/contractor grabbed the opportunity of this change to adjust rates down without informing you. So, if you can confirm you've been cheated:

Blame your employer/contractor. But whisper and don't use any name until you've shaken their dust from your feet. Then come back and tell the simple truth for credibility. Their own name of course.

Okay, last post on this subject:) sm - not a fan

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, so we all agree to disagree. I won't mention any names any more. I love it that the ones who defend the NO NAME ORGANIZATION all say that they are not members and not fans. Ummm, sure, that is why you are so upset about it. My final comment is this..... There is this organization that helped other countries get into the MT business and make us not as "valuable" as we used to be. Since my company has started following this "book of many wonderful suggestions" my pay has DROPPED dramatically. Is that better? Didn't mention names.... Okay, end of story. I made my point. But I do see that the ones who disagree with me are more ..... verbose than we hotheads who are not fans;) Must be we are the MTs who don't have time to go on and on because we are too busy working. Or at least I should be:) Nice conversations people.

The #1 thing - Vet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been certified, and I let it go. After hammering a 50-hour week for increasingly less pay, the last thing I want to do is shell out my hard-earned money on webinars about stuff I already know so I can keep 3 ridiculous meaningless initials after my name. As far as I'm concerned the #1 goal of AHDI is to make enough money to perpetuate itself. End of story.

That may be the "End of story" for you, but - the other side of the story

[ In Reply To ..]
We all have our own viewpoints, so it may be the end of story for some, but not everyone. The CMT may be ridiculous to some and others value it. I think it's one of the best things the organization has done. The Book of Style is the other one. Other things they've done are not always good, but I wouldn't throw them out totally. Let me rephrase that. There are times when I most definitely would throw them out, but for those two things. That really isn't much in the whole scheme of things, is it? So am I a defender of them or the opposite? I'm leaning toward thinking they have outlived their usefulness. Even worse, I don't think that is an issue for them because I believe they are more interested in pleasing the MTSOs than practicing MTs. They have said as much. I think they can still survive even without members though, because they have the MTSOs.

Almost all American jobs were sent overseas. - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
There are many things AHDI does that I don't agree with, but they are not demonic as some would portray them. They didn't cause overseas outsourcing. Okay, they didn't help either, but that was one decision made by one person with too much power over the Board of Directors.

In my perfect world I would keep the BOS, it would still be called "American", and one would have to be American to be credentialed through them.

You don't see many people saying they have a halo, but they also don't have horns. The extreme positions are what bring people out, not to defend them, but to bring fairness and moderation to the discussion.

Similar Messages:

AAMT/AHDI
Mar 19, 2014

What is even the PURPOSE of the AAMT/AHDI or whatever they call themselves now?  They are in no way representative of me or any other MT that I know and in fact have been a key factor in the demise of medical transcription in my opinion.  A bunch of no life having harridans trying and unfortunately succeeding in making themselves relevant.  In other news, several fellow MTs have written to their state reps regarding offshoring and were told that inquiries into the matter reve ...

AAMT/AHDI Sellouts?
Mar 03, 2010

I read a lot of negative stuff on this board about AAMT/AHDI - how they're screwing MTs here at home.  Can someone explain?  When I was taking the Career Step course all I ever heard were glowing comments about the RMT/CMT exams, Benchmark, etc. -  so I'm a little surprised to read the negative comments here.  I know that this industry is going down the tubes for lots of reasons, corporate greed probably being #1, and if AAMT/AHDI is a party to this, I'd like t ...

AHDI, Or AAMT..or Whatever They Are Calling Themselves These Days
Jul 11, 2011

If anything..they are simply a  Sales Convention for MTSOs and only have their interest at heart.  There are never topics that relate to working as an MT or being properly represented.  Instead we get the never ending changing BOS, or the CMT certification which AGAIN has changed...and btw..took a look a "sample" test and it has NOTHING to do with being an MT!  It was more for a clinician.  We are language specialists..not clinicians.  I have been an MT for over 20 ...

Wanna Hurt Them
Mar 04, 2010

It started with forcing us to do ASR, with a 20% reduction in pay, then upped the reduction to 40%. They shove TeamWork down our throats - not for Our benefit, but to make life easier for the CCMs. Every time we get a new, improved "rule" it involves our unpaid time to read their unintelligible emails and try to decipher them.  I don't Want Benchmark, or to be a member of ADHI.  But this latest atrocity gives me "homicidal ideation."  Penalties for blanks!  Puh-l ...

Sour Grapes Can Hurt
Aug 05, 2010

This website has so much negativity.  Looks like I don't need you in my life.  Who wants that?  There are other ways, places to build one up for encouragement and help.MTStars?  Some of you:  STARS NOT.  But some of you were helpful, supportive and nice.  I got so discouraged on Wednesday after posting my FIRST posting I posted EVER on an MT site.  My first time posting on any MT site looking for advice and help with an honest ques ...

Disappointed, Hurt, And Confused
Feb 24, 2012

I have worked for the same company for many years and I worked very hard to get into a QA position.  I have worked in QA for the past 3 years and have never heard anything but good things about my work.  Well…all couple of weeks ago, I get an email that the company will be making some changes to the team I work on and then last week, I am notified all the QA people are being demoted. They told me that it didn't have anything to do with my job performance and they didn' ...

A Lot Of Good Wx Employees Got Hurt..bonus Plan May Become The Joke Of The Industry!
Dec 14, 2011

Wasn't that EXCITING (lol) hearing from "J the loose cannon" that has been slithering around on numerous mtso ship decks knocking holes in said ships sending them to the bottom. I wanted to make a post like this back when his then boss or captain (ceo S.C.) talked about wmx being a ship and keeping it going on a straight heading bla bla bla. Instead I like a fool just stayed aboard hoping and hoping for a better platform but no more! Them bringing J the "loose cannon" into th ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

AAMT/CMT
Mar 22, 2010

Where is our 'union' and seeing that all these injustices that are going on are addressed?  This profession has been sold to the devil himself.  Talk about Kathy Lee's sweat shops?  I read for no pay.  I type and look up, cross reference, research and no pay.  No breaks, no lunch, just production.  I have to calculate and make out time sheets and do my own time for no money and then when we type, the programs are calculating in a way that we have no i ...

AAMT BOS
Jul 22, 2010

After failing a test for a PT gig, I pulled out the old BOS 2 (don't have 3) and I am surprised at some of the things it is "requiring".  Like, for instance, never hypenate words that will separate them at the end of a sentence.  Now, I don't know about you, but what I type in, and what the final report looks like are completely different, so, how am I to know it will actually fall at the end of a line.  Another thing, all these dang rules, when most accounts are verbati ...

Copy Of AAMT
Jul 16, 2010

Do we still have MQ online access to AAMT?  Apparently I lost my short-cut when I changed computers.  Thanks.  ...

Abbreviations In AAMT BOS
Nov 23, 2010

HELP PLEASE!  In typing abbreviations on my account specs, it says following AAMT BOS, but the problem I am having is letters.  They are using abbreviations that I should be expanded as it is a letter, (ex. MCP).  I have read to expand these, but for the life of me I cannot find it in AAMT BOS... Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

AAMT Rule
May 16, 2012

dictated: levothyroxine 1200 micrograms daily transcribed: levothyroxine 1200 mcg daily   is this correct? pls help. ...

Should I Buy 2nd Or 3rd Edition Of AAMT Bk Of Style?
Nov 24, 2009

Do different medical transcription companies prefer 2nd or 3rd Book of Style? Seems as if I could buy a used 2nd edition from a website such as Amazaon cheaper than the 3rd edition, but I don't want to buy an edition that is not used by medical transcription companies. Your comments, please?  TIA- Jane ...

AAMT BOS.....CD Or Book? Which Do You Prefer And Why? Thanks. Nm
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

AAMT Or Whatever Their Latest Abbreviation Is...
Sep 18, 2010

If it is true that our MT corporations are profiting with VR the same as if we were transcribing, well to me that's picking my pocket......So then why isn't AAMT (or whatever) going to bat for us 'editors' and set standards so that companies will pay us our fair share? Just a thought. Wouldn't it be nice if we were told by our companies that from here on in, VR will pay as much as transcribing? pipe dreams huh? ...

Non-disease-entity AAMT 2nd Pg 97
Mar 26, 2011

On pg 97 of 2nd ed. AAMT it shows non-disease-entity  but on pg 330 it shows non was a prefix that doesn't require a hyphen.  So, shouldn't it be  nondisease-entity ? I find this so confusing.  ...

HA-FROM AAMT LONG AGO-BILLOFRIGHTS
Sep 27, 2012

Whereas, the medical transcriptionist contributes significantly to the delivery and quality of patient care, while also helping to assure appropriate reimbursement, promote research integrity, and fulfill providers’ legal obligations through documentation of health services. Be it therefore declared that each medical transcriptionist has the following rights: The right to an appropriate job classification and pay level appropriate to one’s abilities, limitations, and responsibili ...

Another Capitalization--I Am Reading The AAMT, But I Am Thinking Because This Is The Heading(?) I Wo
Nov 30, 2009

Thereafter he was seen at the student health center where evaluation was undertaken. ...

AAMT Book Of Style On MQCentral Maze??
Mar 19, 2014

Sent a new computer and I can't find AAMT Book of Style in MQCentral.  Does anyone happen to know where it is in the maze??? ...

AAMT Book Of Style To Be The Set Rules For Our Transcription Department?
Jan 19, 2010

I am currently looking for a new online job.  I have been doing medical transcription for nine years now but work for a small hospital.  I do not currently have, nor does my hospital require, the AAMT book of style to be the set rules for our transcription department.  We still use q.h.s. etc.  I recently had a job interview but blew it because the company requires their MTs to know the latest AAMT book of style front and back.  Is this a big deal to know this book word for word?  Wonderin ...

AAMT Book Of Style - Medications Numbered And Listed?
Apr 07, 2010

According to AAMT Book of style, are medications numbered and listed?? ...

Testing Question...Do You Transcribe Verbatim Or Follow AAMT Guidelines?? Sm
Dec 30, 2009

Is one or the other just a given?  Please help! ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

AHDI BOS
Dec 04, 2010

What is the most recent AHDI BOS?  Is it the 3rd edition?  What has changed from the 2nd to the 3rd edition.  When will a new edition come out and will it be AHDI? Thanks in advance, Barb ...

What I Want From AHDI
Jun 14, 2012

People ask me what I want from AHDI or if it's worth being a member. I am a member. I ask myself why I still pay my membership dues and what I hope to get in return for that money. That's a tough question. Years ago I learned from their journal. I met lots of great people at conventions and seminars. Then the journal and web site started being more promotional instead of educational or professional. There was always something new that was going to change our lives if we would just sig ...

Thank You AHDI
Sep 10, 2013

MMODAL for taking my profession of being a skilled worker making a living rate, and turning it into a menial, pull them off the street, minimum wage worker. We are the new gutter rats. I have no good will toward this company any longer, and as for AHDI (only a fool joins them), I think you know what you can do, ditto MM. ...

AHDI BOS 3
Oct 10, 2014

I recently began a new position where they adhere to the AHDI Book of Style 3 guidelines.  Obviously, not having used this version before I was not aware one of the wonderful changes AHDI has made.  I understand AHDI exists to set the standards as one of their main objectives.  I also was under the assumption that AHDI had been made up primarily of MTs (at least that is who made them to start with) and has grown to include MTSOs.  What I find so infuriating and baffling at t ...

Here Is My Correspondence With AHDI
Mar 03, 2010

I got this note from a guy named Doggett in response to a note I sent to ADHI about throwing roadblocks in front of MTs to getting work and earning a decent living: "On March 24, AHDI members and staff will go to Capitol Hill to speak with their federal legislators, key members of the House and Senate, and administrative agency officials about the critical need for “meaningful use” and EHR certification regulations to recognize how medical transcriptionists work hard to ensure the a ...