A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wanna hurt them - Anon

Posted: Mar 04, 2010

It started with forcing us to do ASR, with a 20% reduction in pay, then upped the reduction to 40%.

They shove TeamWork down our throats - not for Our benefit, but to make life easier for the CCMs.

Every time we get a new, improved "rule" it involves our unpaid time to read their unintelligible emails and try to decipher them.  I don't Want Benchmark, or to be a member of ADHI. 

But this latest atrocity gives me "homicidal ideation."  Penalties for blanks!  Puh-leeze.  The only reason we leave blanks is because the freakin' ESL and mumble-mouths can't speak.  Why are we punished for somebody else's problem.  They can threaten us until the cows come home, and you can't transcribe what you can't hear/understand.

There must be something we can do to protect ourselves - and hurt them.  If we weren't all so isolated, we could come up with something.

Add Qasar to the this. This new scheme is a thinly veiled paycut. - Or have completely lost their minds.

[ In Reply To ..]
QASAR SLOWS productivity. Remember life before it? Remember how many times they just shut it down?

Ultimately blanks are left for patient safety. You can't guess if you can't hear it or understand it.

Well, I don't know what to say at this point. I guess just quit sending anything at all to the MME. NOTHING. Put blanks in the report if it is a difficult dictator or the audio is bad. It is better than guessing. If you truly cannot understand -- blank it.

I just don't know how this is fair for the clients with the constant bad audio. I had a report a couple days ago that was 15 minutes of loud cracking static with an ESL dictator who was fading in and out. Nothing new for that client, either. For almost 2 years I have been fighting to get their lines checked. All of their reports stink. When QA was giving points on QASAR briefly, I refused to give the MTs any error points on that client. How can I do that? It is horrible audio. My QATL was really cool, she agreed with me. You know, I still have the email from the tech who finally said to me "there is something wrong with your ears not the system."

Well then, me the QATL, the CCM, and the MT then all needed hearing aids all at the same time!

Those kind of reports will go straight to the client with a lovely note.

Really, pretend QA just does not exist. MQ does not want you to have help at all if you are stuck or concerned about something in the report. So, do as they wish. Just blank everything that is unclear from this point on.

That is what they want, so do it.

That's EXACTLY what I'm gonna do. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
QA no longer exists. Poof! I'm paid (poorly) th transcribe/edit reports. I'm not wasting my time calculating percentages. All the threats in the world can't make me hear or understand what I can't.

how to send a note to the client - beach

[ In Reply To ..]
can we still send notes to the client without it going to QA? is it control shift Q without inserting a blank in the report? I feel like next month I will be afraid to push any keys on my keyboard besides upload. Seriously, I feel like my brain is fried. Thanks for the help here.

Sure, as long as they have the kinks worked out of the QA - checkmark. I guess.

[ In Reply To ..]
You can leave a note, but just uncheck QA. That is whenever they get the kinks out of that.

Similar Messages:

Sour Grapes Can Hurt
Aug 05, 2010

This website has so much negativity.  Looks like I don't need you in my life.  Who wants that?  There are other ways, places to build one up for encouragement and help.MTStars?  Some of you:  STARS NOT.  But some of you were helpful, supportive and nice.  I got so discouraged on Wednesday after posting my FIRST posting I posted EVER on an MT site.  My first time posting on any MT site looking for advice and help with an honest ques ...

Disappointed, Hurt, And Confused
Feb 24, 2012

I have worked for the same company for many years and I worked very hard to get into a QA position.  I have worked in QA for the past 3 years and have never heard anything but good things about my work.  Well…all couple of weeks ago, I get an email that the company will be making some changes to the team I work on and then last week, I am notified all the QA people are being demoted. They told me that it didn't have anything to do with my job performance and they didn' ...

Why Does Everyong Back AHDI/AAMT When They Hurt Us? (sm)
Oct 04, 2010

Could someone please tell me why MTs are members of AHDI?  Everytime I hear about a new "rule" from the BOS, it does nothing more than lower my line count once again.  I really think that this organization is for the employers, rather than the MTs.  The hospitals, etc, want you to follow BOS for all things that cut line counts, but then do it their way for other things.  Drives me nuts the amount of times I have heard, this account follows BOS, except for............. & ...

A Lot Of Good Wx Employees Got Hurt..bonus Plan May Become The Joke Of The Industry!
Dec 14, 2011

Wasn't that EXCITING (lol) hearing from "J the loose cannon" that has been slithering around on numerous mtso ship decks knocking holes in said ships sending them to the bottom. I wanted to make a post like this back when his then boss or captain (ceo S.C.) talked about wmx being a ship and keeping it going on a straight heading bla bla bla. Instead I like a fool just stayed aboard hoping and hoping for a better platform but no more! Them bringing J the "loose cannon" into th ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

I Wanna Know
Mar 21, 2010

If TAA is so wonderful, how come no one is speaking up about its benefits?  I see many going back to school, are these people the ones who benefited from the program?  Are others still walking into walls?  Your experience? ...

Just Wanna Cry
Oct 07, 2010

Been typing my heart out all morning on unfamiliar new accounts with no previous reports, no repository, and am 200 lines short of the MINIMUM.  I just want to give up.  I hate this job so much.  ...

Wanna Know Who Thought Up VBC?
Feb 16, 2010

Something smacks of anti-trust here. Excerpt: It’s been a little more than two years since the AHIMA and the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) recommended the visual black character (VBC) method be used as the standard unit of measure for medical transcription. Based on research from the Joint Task Force on Standards Development, the announcement came in the form of a white paper that made quite a splash. Defining a VBC as a “character that can be seen with the nake ...

Just Wanna Work
Feb 28, 2011

Been sick all weekend.  Have a sinus infection that hurts when I touch the side of my face and my eye is all scratchy and can't hardly see.  Didn't want to get up this morning, but did, got ready, squirted saline in my eye so I could see fairly well for a while, sat down and NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  Gets so old, but I am sure there is already an E-mail being sent that chastizes us to work our schedules.    ...

But I DON'T WANNA Work For Q!
Sep 21, 2011

So my company has been bought out by the Q, of course with the assumption that all of us will want to jump from the sinking ship --->into the cold ocean??? Technically I am fired from the old job, as that company is done for, but Q sends out an "offer of employment" with no base rate, no schedule, just a mention that things will stay the same - for now. I don't WANT to accept the job with Q!  If I wanted to work for them I would have been.  My question is, will ...

Ya Know What, Doc? If Ya Don't Wanna Dictate It...
May 15, 2015

Don't.  Go home and hand write it.  Quit wasting my time and my life.   ...

Type What I Wanna Say
Jun 04, 2015

I would absolutely love to be able to leave a QA note on every report where the dictator is being a true imbecile.  QA note "dictator smacking candy, unable to clarify."  QA note "dictator calling from cell phone with bratty kids screaming in the background."  QA note "dictator carrying on conversation with several others while dictating, unable to clarify what is or is not supposed to be in report."  QA note "dictator a complete idiot, mumbling the whole time, spelling every ...

Anybody Wanna Hear My Story About VR?
Apr 29, 2010

I am a small MTSO. I had a pretty big hospital account that went to ES VR 2 years ago. The fallout for the hospital has been rather profound. They offered me 16 for straight and 8 for VR. I thought at the time that I could live with that if VR made MTs faster and they could earn virtually the same as for straight typing. Well, that didn't turn out and my MTs ran like scalded dogs! I have since learned through grapevine that they are in real big trouble. The remaining few hospital MTs are ed ...

DocQmanage Has Not Changed Yet, Wanna Bet The New Name Is
Jan 24, 2012

Instead of the funky little Q's everywhere, it will be a pair of M's.  Then for MT week, they will pass out a tiny bag of M&Ms, gold of course, with little MM on one side and big $$ on the other... ...

New Hires From Precyse - Wanna Tell How Is It Going?
Jul 16, 2013

I know they have been hiring lately.  Can you share your experience with them so far? ...