A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Testing question...Do you transcribe verbatim or follow AAMT Guidelines?? sm - Needs a Job

Posted: Dec 30, 2009

Is one or the other just a given?  Please help!

I want to know too! - good question - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You need to ASK, because . . . - SoCal MT

[ In Reply To ..]
companies are not all the same. You can't assume, as you may very well fail if you assume incorrectly.

Yes, as each account requires, as specified by MTSO and client guidelines. - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of people fuss about having to follow various sets of guidelines, but not you. :) You work up cheat sheets for each account and have absolutely no problem putting out reports exactly as specified.

OP is asking about 'taking tests"...nm - duh?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
So? If you have nothing insightful or positive to share other than a "duh," why bother? - Tired of the BS
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't waste your time and everyone else's by mudding up the waters with the childish remarks. Go show your a$$ and ignorance elsewhere. There are too many decent MTs here that have better things to do than wade through all of the pointless, hateful comments regurgitated by bitter burn-outs with too much time on their hands. Seriously...Go troll somewhere else.

Verbatim as close as possible, correcting - obviously bad grammarNM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

yes, you should follow BOS, correcting blatant grammar errors...nm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Testing... Verbatim?
Jan 15, 2011

If not specified, is it better when taking an employment test to type verbatim or to follow transcription rules? Not asking for a specific test or company, I have just noticed that often times no instructions are given, and I don't know whether they are looking for following transcription/AHDI rules or just running the test next to a template in the system. ...

So, Do I Go With Verbatim (verbatim Account) Or Leave A Blank If
Nov 19, 2010

the doctor is dead wrong about his anatomy? The patient has a problem with his foot and leg, but he dictates ulna. I wouldn't give it a second thought to leaving it blank, but I already got notice about documents with blanks (usually 1-2 blanks if any, and anymore than 3, to QA). Hmm... go with what is right or what is the least path of resistance (i.e. least likely punishment) BTW - The document I sent yesterday with 4 blanks to QA, they couldn't fill them in either. Shesh, the ...

Question About Verbatim... How Far Are We Supposed To Go With Verbatim?
Nov 19, 2014

The reason I ask is because this morning I'm doing an acute care progress note where the dictator says "The patient has end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and she is still sounding pretty crappy and congested."  I absolutely refuse to use the word "crappy" in a medical document if it is not within the context of a direct quote from the patient, i.e. "I feel pretty crappy..."  So I decided to omit crappy and just say "she is still sounding pretty congested."  QA w ...

Followup, Follow Up, Follow-up, Etc.
Aug 15, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the new and improved BOS rules are for the use of these words? ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

AAMT/CMT
Mar 22, 2010

Where is our 'union' and seeing that all these injustices that are going on are addressed?  This profession has been sold to the devil himself.  Talk about Kathy Lee's sweat shops?  I read for no pay.  I type and look up, cross reference, research and no pay.  No breaks, no lunch, just production.  I have to calculate and make out time sheets and do my own time for no money and then when we type, the programs are calculating in a way that we have no i ...

AAMT BOS
Jul 22, 2010

After failing a test for a PT gig, I pulled out the old BOS 2 (don't have 3) and I am surprised at some of the things it is "requiring".  Like, for instance, never hypenate words that will separate them at the end of a sentence.  Now, I don't know about you, but what I type in, and what the final report looks like are completely different, so, how am I to know it will actually fall at the end of a line.  Another thing, all these dang rules, when most accounts are verbati ...

MQ Guidelines/BOS/CPs
Apr 18, 2010

I have been scanning through posts for several years here and am amazed at the recurrent complaints about standards.  Some of you sound as if you have to refer to all three sources every single time you transcribe a document and therefore your production is low and you get crappy audit results.  Really?  If you are not able to retain these kinds of guidelines with the need to only occasionally reference them (except when you're new and training), this is totally not the job f ...

Guidelines, Etc.
Jun 09, 2011

Well, I have read a couple of e-mails from corporate today.  I do not know about anyone else, but they are as clear as mud.  Don't these people have anything better to do than set these guidelines?  I know a hospital where the transcription was free style and when MQ took over THEY decided to have one format.  Like it changes anything.  Talk about control freaks! ...

TAA Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013

According to US DOL, "To obtain TAA or ATAA services and benefits, a group of workers must first file a petition with the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Trade Adjustment Assistance (OTAA) requesting certification as workers adversely affected by foreign trade. If certified, each worker in the group may then apply separately for individual services and benefits through their local One-Stop Career Center. Workers age 50 and older who are certified as eligible to apply for both TAA and A ...

QA Guidelines
Mar 31, 2015

What is the standard practice where you work regarding QA scores, minor errors, critical errors, major errors, ie., dock in pay, verbal warning, termination?   ...

Copy Of AAMT
Jul 16, 2010

Do we still have MQ online access to AAMT?  Apparently I lost my short-cut when I changed computers.  Thanks.  ...

Abbreviations In AAMT BOS
Nov 23, 2010

HELP PLEASE!  In typing abbreviations on my account specs, it says following AAMT BOS, but the problem I am having is letters.  They are using abbreviations that I should be expanded as it is a letter, (ex. MCP).  I have read to expand these, but for the life of me I cannot find it in AAMT BOS... Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

AAMT Rule
May 16, 2012

dictated: levothyroxine 1200 micrograms daily transcribed: levothyroxine 1200 mcg daily   is this correct? pls help. ...

AAMT/AHDI
Mar 19, 2014

What is even the PURPOSE of the AAMT/AHDI or whatever they call themselves now?  They are in no way representative of me or any other MT that I know and in fact have been a key factor in the demise of medical transcription in my opinion.  A bunch of no life having harridans trying and unfortunately succeeding in making themselves relevant.  In other news, several fellow MTs have written to their state reps regarding offshoring and were told that inquiries into the matter reve ...

Medquist DQS Guidelines
Aug 12, 2010

I was just re-reading my client profile and noticed that this is a reference to go by.  What are the DQS Guidelines and where do I find them?  TIA ...

Who Got The Mmodal Guidelines?
Apr 08, 2012

A good CCM would have never just sent out the email I got...Guidelines attached..There are several critical changes in there in case no one told you..I am finding out the hardway skipping through when I am working. ...

Printable DQS Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

I'm looking for printable DQS guidelines. ...

New QC/QA-FIESA Guidelines!
Feb 21, 2014

Has everyone gotten the e-mail about the new QC/QA guidelines with regards to FIESA.  Apparently there are either some brave souls willing to complain to their TSM's and such, or management is actually reading this board (and not just clicking dislike on everything). The one thing I am not really sure of is that they are no longer going to be showing us the QC/QA comments.  Not that I check FIESA anymore anyway (after reading that so many of you don't waste your time and not ...

OOW Procedure Or Guidelines?
Jan 01, 2015

Where are the guidelines for this, looked on Enrich/employee handbook, can't find it.  TTIA! ...

Having One Of Those Days...DQS Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015

It's only Tuesday and I am ready for my days off.  Can someone please tell me how to get a copy of the DQS guidelines/MModal transcription guide or whatever it is called?  I think I deleted it from my desktop.    Thanks in advance! ...

Should I Buy 2nd Or 3rd Edition Of AAMT Bk Of Style?
Nov 24, 2009

Do different medical transcription companies prefer 2nd or 3rd Book of Style? Seems as if I could buy a used 2nd edition from a website such as Amazaon cheaper than the 3rd edition, but I don't want to buy an edition that is not used by medical transcription companies. Your comments, please?  TIA- Jane ...

AAMT/AHDI Sellouts?
Mar 03, 2010

I read a lot of negative stuff on this board about AAMT/AHDI - how they're screwing MTs here at home.  Can someone explain?  When I was taking the Career Step course all I ever heard were glowing comments about the RMT/CMT exams, Benchmark, etc. -  so I'm a little surprised to read the negative comments here.  I know that this industry is going down the tubes for lots of reasons, corporate greed probably being #1, and if AAMT/AHDI is a party to this, I'd like t ...

AAMT BOS.....CD Or Book? Which Do You Prefer And Why? Thanks. Nm
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

AAMT Or Whatever Their Latest Abbreviation Is...
Sep 18, 2010

If it is true that our MT corporations are profiting with VR the same as if we were transcribing, well to me that's picking my pocket......So then why isn't AAMT (or whatever) going to bat for us 'editors' and set standards so that companies will pay us our fair share? Just a thought. Wouldn't it be nice if we were told by our companies that from here on in, VR will pay as much as transcribing? pipe dreams huh? ...

Non-disease-entity AAMT 2nd Pg 97
Mar 26, 2011

On pg 97 of 2nd ed. AAMT it shows non-disease-entity  but on pg 330 it shows non was a prefix that doesn't require a hyphen.  So, shouldn't it be  nondisease-entity ? I find this so confusing.  ...

HA-FROM AAMT LONG AGO-BILLOFRIGHTS
Sep 27, 2012

Whereas, the medical transcriptionist contributes significantly to the delivery and quality of patient care, while also helping to assure appropriate reimbursement, promote research integrity, and fulfill providers’ legal obligations through documentation of health services. Be it therefore declared that each medical transcriptionist has the following rights: The right to an appropriate job classification and pay level appropriate to one’s abilities, limitations, and responsibili ...

Medquist Standards And Guidelines
Mar 10, 2010

Before I appear dumb to supervisor, can somebody tell me where do I find "MedQuist Standards and Guidelines?" ...

Mjnc7 Guidelines Hypertension
Jan 04, 2011

CONTEXT:  "Hypertension – patient is to keep a blood pressure log, which will be reviewed in approximately three weeks.  MJNC7 guidelines will be mailed to the patient as well.  "   Any ideas?  Thank you! :) ...