A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When you have resigned from a job, did they treat you like you were nothing? - nobody

Posted: Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say sorry to see you go, kiss my butt or anything!  I would at least have liked an email acknowledging that I had quit.  I worked with them for almost 2 years and that is how they treat you.  How have any of you been treated when you have quit a job in the past?

This is not unusual in this business. - unfortunately

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a time I lent a enough money to keep her from losing her home. When I left that job, she didn't say a word and I have not heard from her since. Another MT I assisted in getting her back into the company after she left for an in-house position and hated it - again, when I left...not a word.

This is a field filled with women and men who do not have a heart.

not unusual - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you feel mistreated. You are dong what is best for your family. Try not to worry about them. They will get theirs in due time.

Just take care of your family, don't worry about them! - My opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in "the day" when I worked in-house for an MTSO they changed the locks. I just laughed it off . . .

Take care of your baby!

It's more important - Daylo

[ In Reply To ..]
to raise your child yourself with your set of morals and standards than to hand them over to a babysitter whose morals you really don't know, unless of course it's your family.

Believe me, they were only interested in you as a money maker. When you quit making money for them, you became nothing to them.

This is how ALL those middle men treat us.

A wise person once told me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Once a life is over, we often hear people on their deathbed say, "I wish I had spent more time with my husband/wife/children/grandchildren." Never has anyone been heard saying, "Gee, I wish I worked more overtime and was a better employee for [fill in the blank]."

Your priorities will ALWAYS be your family. You can be content knowing you are doing what is right, while they are showing their true colors. Best of everything to you!

No response - Ex-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That doesn't surprise me considering the questionable personalities of the people in charge (hospital or not) in charge of this business. I have never in my life been accused of or assumed to have a tendency toward stealing anything from an employer, but you know what, when I delivered the "equipment" (if that is what you want to call it :-) ) to an employer, I forgot to pack a $10.00 (no kidding) surge protector and the team leader acted like I was stealing it or even wanted their piece of crap. I mean for a few years I had bought two surge protectors of my own, which were about $30.00 or so apiece and better equipment. I replaced their piece of junk with that better surge protector and put the other one that I had bought on my cable TV stuff. I mean I wasn't even using their old piece of junk. I wouldn't have wanted to "steal" anything that they had us using, their entire setup was a piece of junk. . . it just amazed me how even before I left they treated me (and probably everyone) like I was "money hungry" (what do you go to work for ? ) and that I wanted their "stuff." :-) lol I am seriously glad not to be a part of that questionable "career" anymore, but struggling to get into something else because of the years of transcription and the stigma that is attached to working in that field.

The 2 wk notice is a thing of the past - etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave a 2 wk notice after 7 years of employment. I was frozen out of their system immediately. I had to call to get back into the system to get my line counts together so I could get paid! I got a forwarded e-mail later from another employee that said how they would miss me, and my last day of employmentwas such and such, etc. Live and Learn!

Similar Messages:

SICK OF HOW BIG MTSOs Treat Their MTs!
Sep 10, 2013

I just have to vent that I am SO SICK of how rude and condescending larger MTSOs can be to their MTs!  Seriously!  I get that MTs make ridiculous mistakes sometimes and that can be so frustrating for them, but sometimes the MTSOs get it wrong - and I certainly don't see them apologizing when that happens!  Rude, condescending emails, or calling the MT out in front of a group of other MTs is just so horrible!  Making fun of MTs amongst eachother.  Emailing eachother ...

Monilial Infection Under The Breast..... Treat With
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

Accentus - Companies Out There That Treat Their MTs With Respect?
Jul 13, 2012

Just had the most demoralizing experience of my 20 year medical transcriptionist career with this company. QA score of 99.4% and got "let go" because I wasn't doing a good enough job, and my line counts were just getting up to the required range. I am seriously considering changing careers because of this. Just wanted to find out if this is just me or are there others out there that had the same experience with this company? Are there any companies out there that treat their MTs with respec ...

TREAT EMPLOYEES LIKE THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
May 31, 2014

nm ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

I Resigned!
Aug 17, 2011

I resigned from MQ and I feel so much better!  I was so stressed out and have a lot of things going on with my family that I felt that I had to get out of this crazy job and I tell you what, I feel great!  Good luck to everyone that stays with the Q.   ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Resigned, Not A Word From MQ???
Feb 11, 2010

I worked for MQ for over 3 years, resigned last week.  Not a word from anyone from MQ.  I worked weekends, every holiday except Christmas and Thanksgiving, worked extra when they asked, always made up time, hardly ever had any time off except for things like family emergencies......2-3 days at a time, never a whole week!  Geez, ya think they would miss that.  I will miss this board, feel like I had friends at home.  Will be working outside.  Is this normal?  No ...

Just Resigned From Nuance.
May 01, 2012

I had to quit before I even started officially working there.  The problem was living with my daughter's family.  I only have satellite in the mountains and thought I could stay part-time with daughter's family and then come home on my days off.  I must have been crazy or totally unrealistic to think this would ever work.  I had to work at desk which right next to front door and of course all kinds of traffic all day long.  Teenagers too -- very noisy and total ...

Finally Resigned From Transcend
Apr 21, 2010

I could not take it any longer. Months ago I was on this board telling everyone to remain calm and believe what we had been told. I am now back to eat crow, just like many said that I would.  After the telephone conference yesterday in which we were told how wonderful BeyondTXT was going to be, I hung up half way through, went directly to my email and sent in my letter of resignation. That was the last straw!  Our Bayscribe platform was being tossed and this new platform, of which its ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Just Resigned, Feels Soooooo Right!
Feb 23, 2014

I finally had the moment I have been waiting for, for far too long.  I sent my resignation and I could not be happier.  I found a new opportunity and I am taking it.  No matter where it leads, it will be much better than working for this sweat-shop penile colony.  Good luck to you still here and do not give up, there is life after MModal (and some mental recuperation).  May God bless you all with YOUR opportunity.  ...

Resigned Thursday Night....
Jul 26, 2014

My part time job at a local pain clinic has gone full time - just finished my first full week - I was so happy to call my TSH and leave her a voice mail that for reasons beyond my control, I was resigning effective immediately.   (The reason - I've gone from $10 an hour to $17 an hour) -  There is no actual dictation - all I do is cut and paste from templates.  My new supervisor told me I'll be close to $20 an hour soon.  There is hope...  One thing for sure, I ...

Resigned From This Horrible Company!
May 31, 2015

I quit with NO notice 3 months ago and sent a scathing resignation letter, the BEST thing I ever did!!!  The letter I wrote was completely accurate, reason why I probably did not receive a response.  I am so grateful I was able to find a job 5 minutes from my home paying me an hourly rate of $15.00.  Does not sound like much but considering that my salary had steadily decreased with "Screwance", it's awesome!  No stress, no crappy emails letting me know I made an error, ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

Have Resigned From Transcend And Feel Like A Bird Out Of A Cage! Sm
May 14, 2010

Other than MTs on this board few will understand my feeling that the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders!  I actually am waking up smiling and eager to face my work day.  I know Transcend is a good fit for a great many people, and I tried hard to be one of them but it did not work for me.  I don't think I realized just how much I was being affected by working each day for a company I did not trust.  I resigned not having another job, something I have ne ...