A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What happened to standard forms? - Dallas

Posted: Sep 22, 2011

Suddenly we have new QA and it's gotten crazy! We have some new PA's that dictate things so out of order as compared to the "norm" and QA wants us to give it to them instead of making reports alike as we were trained to do.  I've had some dictate drug allergies in review of systems and medications in the plan and QA wants this. I don't get it. I just don't understand how a doctor can know to check the plan for what meds a patient is on. 

I also have a PA that will say "like" every other word such as "the patient like came in and like he was like not feeling well and like I asked like what he thought had made him like feel bad."  Where do they find these people?

I just cringed when I read that - Like, groovy man.

[ In Reply To ..]
The use of the word "like" after every third word out of someone's mouth is one of the biggest things that will make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - like fingernails on a chalk board for me.

I think - and this is only my assumption - that QA might be thinking that it's the facility's issue to deal with the idiot PAs and their training or lack thereof. It certainly will be easier for you to just do it as they say it rather than try to figure out where it should go.

Is the document going to be a mess? Yes. Is critical information in the document? Yes. Even if it's in the wrong place, it's still there.

Especially if this is a verbatim account, I'd do it verbatim. Someone else somewhere will read this and realize the PAs are idiots and hopefully do something about it.

I've received many emails from QA - Dallas

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me that I've made mistakes. Nine years ago it was beat into my brain by the former owner, who has since passed away, that all reports need to be the same so that it's easy to locate what you're looking for, especially allergy location and medications. These new QA folks obviously have never had to look at a report quickly in an emergency situation.

P.S. - Dallas

[ In Reply To ..]
They have even started changing how vital signs are typed. You'd think BP would be important along with temp but we have some who want height first, weight is somewhere in the middle, half the time there's no BP or temp, you might get a pulse every now and then. It's UNREAL and making me HATE this job.

Similar Messages:

No Tax Forms From TDD
Feb 28, 2011

xx ...

BAS Forms
Jan 25, 2012

The patient has ADD and PDD-NOS. Teachers filled out a form that sounds like BAS form (BAST, BASK). Any ideas? Thanks! ...

W2 Forms
Dec 19, 2014

Does anyone remember when we normally get our W2 forms in January?  Mid January or end of January? ...

Tax Forms 2010
Feb 05, 2011

I have not to date receive my 2010 tax forms for Keystrokes Transcription Service. Anyone else in the same position?   I have phoned, emailed and yet no response. I would like to file my taxes and without the forms I can't :(. ...

Transcend W2 Forms
Jan 21, 2011

My 2010 W2 was posted on our Transcend ADP self-service site, so any current Transcend employees waiting on their W2 form should check. :-) ...

If You Work As An IC, Do You Still Get W2 Forms
Mar 21, 2012

taken out of your paycheck each pay period, or do you have to figure all of that out yourself?  If so, do you think it's worth it to be an IC, or not worth it? If you're a non-married IC, how do you deal with medical insurance?  Does the IC pay cover the difference?  If you go without, how do you deal with doctor bills?  Anything else I should know about being an IC?  I've always been an employee, but some of the IC jobs look tempting, and I'm thin ...

Nuance Tax W2 Forms
Jan 29, 2014

Has anyone received their 2013 tax forms yet? I have not, and wondering who I contact to ask for it. Havent worked there since last year. thanks. ...

Unacceptable Brief Forms
Feb 24, 2014

I have some lists I printed out back when I was in school with unacceptable and acceptable brief forms and confusing abbreviations. There are things on the unacceptable list such as cath and a fib. I feel certain that I printed the lists from either JCAHO or ISMP, but I have been unable to locate them. Does anyone know where I can find these? Thanks! ...

W2 Forms Are On The ADP Site Now... Nm
Jan 17, 2015

x ...

IRS Won't Be Mailing Tax Forms Next Year
Sep 28, 2010

A man pick up federal tax form 1040 at a post office in Palo Alto, Calif., Wednesday, April 15, 2009. (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma) WASHINGTON — Don't look for tax forms and instructions in your mailbox next year. The Internal Revenue Service has decided to stop mailing them because so many people now file electronically. The Washington Post reports on its website Monday that the IRS expects to save about $10 million a year by eliminating mailing. More than 96 million people ...

What Do List As Your Profession On Tax Forms? Sm
Mar 09, 2011

medical transcriptionist, transcriptionist, medical editor, ASR editor ?  not sure what I even am anymore other than underpaid, frustrated, and stressed beyond human comprehension (wish I could put that on the form !! HA). ...

Moving Short Forms
Apr 21, 2011

On DQS does anyone know how to move the short forms to another company that also uses DQS.  Can you send me the information if you have it. ...

FILLING THE GAP W/ Other Forms Of Transcription
Nov 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of filling the gap by moving into other forms of transcription... As EMR increases, pay dwindles and opportunities for traditional transcription diminish, I'm thinking that it might be wise to broaden my scope a bit. I've thought about court reporting (as a broad spectrum...not just actually in the court room) and other forms of transcription other than within the medical community. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this or oth ...

Filling In Forms. How To Charge?
Dec 23, 2014

A doctor wants me to do PFTs from a premade template he created.  It is about a page long.  It would involve typing the clinical history (2 lines or so) and filling in a lot of blanks.  He does not want to pay my line rate that I get for typing his office notes, but wants me to give him a flat charge per report that is much less than what I would get for typing dictation.  Any advice on what I should price this at? ...

When Do W2 Forms Go Out? I Worked At Nuance For 6 Weeks Last
Jan 16, 2014

I can only hope it's mailed and I don't have to go into one of their outsourced confusing websites. Thanks. ...

Passed NEMT Testing And Now Have Forms
Aug 06, 2014

to fill out and return before phone interview.  Was excited at first.  Now hesitant to continue process.  Anyone encouraging words  as to whether this could be a good move.  Anything at all would be helpful. TIA  ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Which Do You Think Is Correct, Or Is There A Standard
Mar 29, 2010

Example:  The patient is a 60-year-old, middle-age/middle-aged female who comes in today for follow-up.  TIA!  I appreciate any and all responses.  ...

Double Standard
Mar 29, 2011

Time and time again it is reiterated the importance for us to remain professional, as we are a reflection of MQ.  For example, never say "poor dictator" because this may be insulting to the holy than thou doctor, PA or RN.  What about the annoying PA that constantly insults me by saying in middle of her dictation, "note to my typist."  And this is not insulting?  All the training, years of experience and BS I have to put up with to be called a "typist" repeatedly.  ...

Why The Double Standard
May 20, 2011

I read the job description for a production MT on the CBay India website and here are a few of the interesting requirements they must meet: Transcribing the given data for the day i.e. 450 to 900 lines per day as per the specified capacity of the MT. Production at least 75-80% accuracy in terms of medical terminology, American English, grammar, spellings, punctuation and formatting. Work closely with his/her QCE and making efforts consistently to upgrade his/her skills in terms of m ...

Can We F11 A Report If It An ASR That Has A Standard For The WT?
Dec 20, 2011

This one account drives me nuts.  it has a standard but most of the time is ASR and I have to move things around.  I cannot remember if we can use F11 for this or not.  Anyone know?  I was blessed with accounts in the past without standards so cannot remember if we can F11 to transcribe due to not having to move everything all over the place. ...

Is This Standard Procedure? Or Just Being Ignored.
May 08, 2012

I have been here a little while, about 3 months.  I have been switched around between CCMs already to go where my primary account goes.  I needed a few hours to go to a school function and asked for that leave.  I have never been responded to by my CCM.  Is this usual?  I put up my shift on the swapboard, said I'd make the time up.  Etc. Etc. But no response at all.  Do we ever get leave when asked? Or am I to say no to my child from now on.  I j ...

VR Versus Standard
Aug 23, 2012

We are told not to over edit VR reports, but the reports must be verbatim.  It's mutually exclusive! ...

Is There No Standard Of Quality In QA?
Sep 17, 2013

i am on 100% QA and am constantly confused.  I am corrected for things, ask my coach.  She tells me QA is correct.  Then when I change it how she says to I get it changed back to the way I was doing it before~!  I love Fluency, i am amazingly fast at it but i think QA will ultimately do me in...for doing what i'm told to do...GRRRRR ...

New Wave Of Pay/training, Becoming Standard?
May 02, 2013

Good morning fellow MTs; I hope everyone is having a productive day!  Lately I have been contacted by two different companies via email stating I had contacted them in the past with my resume.  I am working but could always use something better right?  So I proceed to see what it's about and you know you don't get answers to those questions regarding pay scales and pay frequency upfront usually even when you do ask so I followed their jungle of steps, wasting quite a bit ...

New QA Standard January 2014
Sep 23, 2013

They are now going to require 99.6% up from 99.5%.  Oh yeah.  How is this going to go?  Looks to me like a lot of us will be out.  Is this even humanly possible?  Maybe I should be a weatherman.  They can be wrong 50% of the time and keep their jobs.  HA. More stress for us.  It makes me physically ill anymore.  Too much stress. ...

If QA Score Is Below Standard, Do They Take Away Benefits?
Dec 28, 2013

I went from near-perfect and had 100% at one point down to 95%. Can they take away my insurance? ...

Problem With Standard/normal
Jan 03, 2014

Okay pulled in PE and major ARGH!!! I was told that tenses need to match.  However, in this particular case whoever entered it was jumping back between past and present.  Another  time consuming thing I get to do.  Interesting how that works. REALLY???????????????????????????? ...

My BOS Is Old -- What's The Current Rule/standard Wrt To:
Sep 11, 2014

apostrophes?  eg. ADLs or ADL's I gather that the move to make hard-measured units (rather than eyeballed measuired -- such as:  a 5-mm screw versus a 5 mm laceration -- died years ago. Is this correct? I'm anticipating doing some testing for a new position and don't want to fail this sort of "basics" Thanks!     ...