A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stuck between a rock and a hard place (as usual) - sm

Posted: Jun 12, 2014

So QA keeps telling me to review the acct specs as I continue to format certain reports incorrectly.  Sigh.  I have looked and there is nothing in the acct specs that states anything about formatting, but yet if I say anything, I will be the "bad guy" so I am just going to keep quiet as much as I hate to.  I would rather be able to talk with them, but I have enough experience with these people to know how it will turn out:(

they're being intentionally vague - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell them to "be specific" ... exactly WHERE (what pages) in the acct specs are they referring to.

I find that they dodge any question and not sure - if it stupidity or laziness

[ In Reply To ..]
The account specifics are filled with vagueness but you would think the TSMs and/or QA would know the account well enough to clearly state where the particular instructions were.

Is is possible something got left out when they sent - the specifics? or they sent old info

[ In Reply To ..]
My boss got a call once from a account about a particular work type of mine that was being done wrong, and the idiot calls me to yell at me before checking into it.

Turns out after being reduced to tears, the lead who trained me and sent all her account statistics - never updated anything for the account in 9 frigging years, and that particular piece of Word Document was what I was following.

She owned up to it and the boss called and (didn't apologize but) said I was in the clear and 'all is good.' Well, no, its not, snot. Not to me. Thanks for the belittlement for nothing, AH. Damage been done and my opinion of that bunch of BOZOs dropped tremendously below anything even resembling respect.

Know your frustration - chin up, you are not alone.

Similar Messages:

A Rock And A Hard Place
Jul 01, 2014

Which is worse, having no work, or killing yourself for 8 hours to make $50 or $60 and being so resentful and tired that your own physical and mental health is compromised?  Having no work, or watching the sites you've just mastered disappear to India (or back into your MTSO's newbie queue), only to be replaced by worse sites with new learning curves and back to square one again?  Having no work, or living with the realization that you will never be appreciated, you will neve ...

What Is Rock Bottom, Anyway?
Dec 28, 2011

I worked all day today for less than what I made per day in 1985, at my second-ever transcription job. I hang by a thread to my rental home (already lost home I owned) and belongings, as do so many others...each day I force my gnarled and painful fingers to their respective limits, well beyond their limitations, eeking out just another hour...this hour for the cat's food, another hour to pay the internet bill, so I can work another hour...and so on. I remember when I was in my mid ...

Rock The Boat...
Apr 16, 2015

Questions from http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/3rdparty.htm How are/were you paid (salary, hourly, by piece or by job rate)? What is your rate of pay?  Is "I'm not sure" a valid answer? Are you involved in any type of interstate transactions, such as shipping or receiving goods, producing goods, making telephone calls, processing credit cards, etc.?  Yes. Are the hours worked records an accurate reflection of the hours you worked? Do you perform work prior to or after signing in ...

A Rock Song Keeps Going Through My Head
Dec 12, 2011

Dirty Deeds (and they're done dirt cheap) ...

Round Rock/Pflugerville Area MTs
Jun 15, 2011

I'm looking for MTs in the Round Rock/Pflugerville/North Austin area to network with.  I've been in the business for 10+ years and just don't really know any MTs in my immediate area.  I'd love to hear from you! ...

In Regards To The Field Of American MT Hitting Rock Bottom...
Apr 03, 2010

IMO, and again, this is only my opinion, hitting rock bottom should equate to more than just what we're earning now as individuals.  In order to judge whether or not the FIELD of MT has hit rock bottom in America, we would have to look at it as we see it on the inside and think if it would be a career we would choose to support ourselves on if we were just choosing careers for the first times as single people trying to support fresh out of school or a person changing careers to a ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Usual Time To Be On QA
Aug 19, 2010

What is the usual amount of time to be on QA with a new company? ...

North Area NJA As Usual
Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work late ...

Is QA Done In India? Usual Editors Are Now Gone. Just
Aug 02, 2010

xx ...

He Is Very Loquacious And Seems A Little Bit More *entered* Than Usual. Thx. Nm
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

What Are The Usual Questions On A Phone Interview? Sm
May 06, 2010

Just curious if someone can tell me the typical questions asked on phone interviews?     ...

DSG People, Is Work Slower Than Usual?
Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck. ...

Has Anyone Else Been Getting 10 Times More Post Audits Than Usual??
Nov 30, 2012

I am getting audited 5 jobs a day at least.  This is FAR FAR more than ever before. I used to get maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am also noticing much higher dings on these audits.  In the same report I got an error for not ADDING an and that was not dictated and then got dinged for ADDING an and that had been dictated.  Is this verbatim OR NOT!!! Anyway, it just seems that there is a A LOT more QA auditing happening than usual.  Just me??? ...

Had My Usual Friday Night Lineup- Sm
Oct 25, 2013

With the dictator from hell, 16 PGN in a row, and everybody sitting there waiting for somebody else to do him - the catch this time is that somewhere along the line in the last 2 weeks of getting stuck with these every single night is that I learned to understand him!  So, I sat there taking all those progress notes that nobody else wanted and only had to send 2 of 16 to QA for blanks this time and my percent to QA still stayed under 5.71% and I got 200 easy lines with nobody snatching ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

Silent Type MTs Even Sadder Than Usual Today?
Jun 25, 2012

Are any of you ST MTs even sadder than usual today? ...

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

This Is My Last Week At M Modal. Will Final Pay Be Direct Deposited As Usual?
Dec 31, 2012

I hope my final pay is direct deposited, b/c I have bills taken out and cannot wait for the paper check to come in the mail. Does anyone know if final pay is also direct deposited? Thanks in advance. ...

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

Stuck On QA
Jan 25, 2010

can somebody please tell me how the QA system is fair?  I have pointed out errors and had them acknowledged by the QA person on our team.  The stuff is so inconsistent.  I am in my THIRD month of QA and I've been doing dictation for 20+ years.  My 'mistakes' are only in formatting and BOS issues and I get counted off for some things and when I change to what the QA corrects me on - i get QA'd AGAIN for doing it the way they corrected me!  I have ...

Still Stuck On Who And Whom
Jan 17, 2011

Usually it is "the patient is a 65 year old lady who/whom we have seen in our office."  Help????? "She" is seen in our office or we see "her" in our office?  I am so dense on this one.  ...

Stuck Again.
Oct 01, 2014

Swell. ...

Stuck Again
Jan 21, 2015

wOW, did 7 jobs and now stuck in downloading again.  Everybody else back up and running.  I know this is not affecting everyone, just certain areas and I am one of the luck ones, NOT!  ...

Are We Down, Stuck
Apr 26, 2015

uploading and audio is stuck buffering ...

Anybody Else Stuck
Jun 05, 2015

?? TIA ...

Stuck On A Work
Jan 09, 2010

Lungs had had expiratory and inspiratory wheezing, which had breath sounds both high and low pitched.  There were no _________ changes.  He had no dullness to percussion. Sounds like "e tor ray" any ideas?? ...

DQS Stuck On Downloading A Job?
Feb 19, 2010

Anybody else just have DQS stuck on downloading a job?  Not that it matters much.  I have been on the very edge of NJA this evening and don't think that will last long before I'm out completely.  ...