A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. for tape pickup + printing/delivery - mtanon

Posted: Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.  

I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if the MT can offer $10, she may not be getting more than that herself.  

I would call this gas money at best.  Hope she finds someone.

10 bucks/hr - phancyphalanges

[ In Reply To ..]
eek, if you really need the job that bad. Take into consideration the pick up time (hours) and the distance (gas $). Tapes stink. Did some recently and did not like goin back to the old days. If it is a super easy account, then may be worthwhile. Good luck :D

With all that is involved, would not take less than $20/hour - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

How Much Extra Charge For Pickup/delivery?
Mar 01, 2011

I have a shot at picking up a (small) local account. The doctor hasn't called me yet to talk about it, and I have no idea whether he's equipped for digital transmission or not (believe me, I will do my best to talk him into it if he's not). But... just in case he insists upon pickup and delivery service, how much extra should I tell him that's going to cost? Flat rate? Mileage? How much?  (The local phone directory is not clear on where his office actually is located at ...

Tape For A Baseball Thrower's Arm S/l Canezio Tape
Jun 10, 2010

tape for a sore arm s/l canezio tape ...

Why Does ASR Keep Printing Out
Sep 14, 2014

He is intubated after almost every pause..First it is not even a he and no she isn't intubated either..And I get paid a reduced rate to fix this stuff? ...

Has Anyone Tried Printing Out The Timesheet?
Jul 10, 2010

I have been having problems with my CCM concerning making up time when there are NJA.  She wants me to make up all hours and has placed me on crazy schedules.  I pack up and stop working at the end of my shift whether there is work or not.  I leave a note to her and support.  I am assuming she is upset because she is not getting her bonus but that is not my problem.  I am on an account that the docs dictate at odd hours.  I have helped her out working 12 hour days a ...

PRINTING SHORTCUTS!!!
Oct 07, 2010

Good morning/afternoon MQ co-workers!   I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way I can print out my personal dictionary of shortcuts?  I have so many that I think I'm putting in duplicates now!  I'd really like to see what I've got and eliminate/add only relevant shortcuts. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!   (Have a blessed day)!!  ...

Printing Out .acl Entries From Word!!-HELP PLEASE
Apr 02, 2011

I was hoping someone could help me out. I need to print out a copy of all my .acl (auto-correct) Word entries that I have made over the years. I applied for a job and it is very possible that I will not be able to copy them into that new platform. I know there is a set of instructions on how to do this, had them, but misplaced them. All of my auto-corrects are in the Word 2000 and I have them also on a flash drive. I just want to be able to print out a hard copy so I can start entering them in a ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

Saving/printing A Copy Of AutoCorrects?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone know how to copy your AutoCorrects (I have Word 2010) into a list form that can be put in a document and emailed? I am clue.less. on this.  Any help appreciated! ...

Text Printing Out So Small On HP Deskjet
Feb 27, 2015

Please know right off hand I don't have computer smarts like I should but no matter what I try to print it comes out really minute. It makes no matter if I enlarge the print prior to printing, still small. I have a place I used to be able to get a good copy from- Office Word. I would copy from say email, put it into office and print from there and now the small print. I can print from email, still small. I have no clue how to correct this. If you have any ideas, please give a step by step s ...

Labor And Delivery - Help
Mar 24, 2010

s/l  ...  ciesis at term, onset of labor pains... Thanks! ...

Delivery Method
Jan 08, 2011

s/l marichoo delivery technique ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Delivery Note, Need Help
Feb 08, 2012

inspection of the infant noted correct "blade" placement....??? ...

Type Of Delivery Cord
Apr 24, 2010

He says:  There was a loose ? cord that I reduced after delivery.  I can't make it out.  This is a obstetrics report. Thanks   ...

Delivery Note Question
May 15, 2011

After 3 doses of Cytotec, her cervix dilated to 2 to 3 cm and the head came down to "minus one zero" station.  Is it -1, 0 ?  ...

Discharge Diagnosis After Delivery
Jul 12, 2011

The doctor is saying the following .... Twenty units of Pitocin were administered postpartum. No pocalisis (????) was administered. I am not sure what the bold word is, it just sounds like this. ...

Labor And Delivery Websites?
Oct 13, 2011

Anyone know of a good site for labor and delivery terms?  I can't seem to find one that has anything beyond laymen terms. Thanks in advance! ...

Pizza Delivery....$9.75 Hr W/benefits!
Oct 20, 2012

that is much more than I am currently making!  wow! ...

Breech Delivery Surgery Help
Sep 24, 2014

and then using suprapubic pressure and a slightly "marso smelly bite" hold, the baby's head was easily delivered atraumatically.  Doc says something before marso but it's so garbled, sounds like "altered," but my question is what's in quotes in first sentence.  TIA ...

Sick Of Spending So Much Time Reading Emails, Printing New Client Profiles, Sm
Apr 26, 2013

waiting for work, trying to figure out the protocol for no work, trying to figure out remedy, remembering all the different passwords, wondering if my time card is correct because I clock in and out so much on a daily basis!  I have never, ever been no nitpicked to death.  I feel like an unpaid prisoner in my own home.  My printer right now is just about smokin because of all the crap I have to print just to remember all this garbage!  MM = MICROMANAGEMENT!!!!!  I do bel ...

Baby Was Delivered By National Delivery.
Sep 24, 2010

Guess they took over for the stork?  My ASR has also taken a holiday from all small words today:  is, was, the, and, then, etc.  I guess it has been threatened to be more productive also.  Just skip half the words and voila -- twice the production.  That gets really tedious hour after hour.  Disclaimer:  I am happy to have a job.  Do not wish to find another one.  Too old for career change.  Thank you. ...

Tape Used In Surgery
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l Messics tape used in surgery?  Thanks in advance! Cindy ...

S/l 'kuhneesha' Tape
Sep 18, 2012

The dictator is saying that a newborn with arthrogryposis and orthopedic abnormalities has that tape on his hands and wrists.  I've never heard of this before (brand name?) and I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance! ...

Buddy Tape ?
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know if Buddy Tape is capitalized or not? Thank you ! ...

Holter Tape
Nov 13, 2014

A Holter tape was negative for atrial fibrillation and demonstrated S/L port runs of SVT. Is "port" runs correct. ...

Nissen Fundoplication S/l Ta-pay ?tape. ESL!
Apr 23, 2010

nm ...

How To Delete Tape Using A Dictaphone
May 04, 2011

hey guys, does anyone know how to delete a tape on a dictaphone machine, I've a big one that i havent used in a while (years).... and i forgot how to erase finished tapes. any help TIA ...

Converting Tape To Digital
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone know of a machine that will convert cassette dictation tapes to digital format?  I do work for a doc who uses tapes (he doesn't want to convert to digital).   It's a good job, but I'd much prefer to transcribe using Express Scribe instead of the cassette machine. I've seen some ads on the Internet, but would prefer to go to a reputable store. Thanks for any help!   ...

Microcassette Tape Eraser
Oct 16, 2013

If anyone has a microcassette tape eraser for sale, please contact me.  I am looking to buy one. ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...