A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Negative Posts - MT works for me

Posted: Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your family in a position of being poor all for the sake of being an MT?  What are you trying to prove?  There is no way I would keep doing something over and over that didn't work.  Who is really at fault, you or the transcription company?  Would you work on a car lot over and over if you couldn't sell a car?  I sure wouldn't.  Why are you transcribing over and over if you can't make a check.  I just don't get it!  There are obviously people doing just fine, so the problem is obviously the individual MTs. 

again, wear the other shoe; again, some work, some don't. - again, this board is for both positives and negati

[ In Reply To ..]

again, the board is for both positives and negatives. you should understand that. - let it be already. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

we speak freely, ever try another board? NM - Plenty out there, all different to suit anyone.

[ In Reply To ..]

Im not 'proud' of being an MT. Im embarrassed - to still be in it, the way they cheat us.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm looking for another line of work, but it won't happen overnight. It took a long time to get into this business, and I've been at it 35 years. Something tells me that if I "couldn't cut it", I'd have been gone a long, long time ago.

Your point of view speaks volumes about the attitude the MT industry has towards its workers. Yours is not a worker's point of view, it's a management point of view. When you make statements like "so the problem is obviously the individual MT's", you totally out yourself as to what you do NOT do for a living. And that would be MT.

You should go preach about your "superiority" to someone who actually gives a rip.

Roud to be an MT - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
No. I don't think its a Management point of view, I think there are MTs out there who are genuinely happy at what they do, and are lucky enough to work for a company that is able to give them the means to make a good living. I hope to be one of those MTs one day, because I love my job. I really do.

I meant PROUD LOL - nm - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Oh, I like what I DO - the actual work of transcribing - the spoken word to a medical record, but -

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't like having my compensation for that hard work continually whittled-away at. Every year, more and more of what we work so hard for is taken away, and our expertise cheapened and belittled. They want us to do more and more, for less and less. I find nothing whatsoever to be proud of in that situation. There IS a breaking-point, you know, and most American MTs are just about there, right now. MTs are getting desperate, and desperate people have the potential to do scary things.
I Agree - MT2020
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree. But I don't believe all MTSOs are like that. I believe our skill is appreciated by some, we just need to find the right match. Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to think more positive in 2010. If we don't believe we will find that good match, what are we all doing this for?
I WISH I didnt believe all MTSOs are like that, but - so far, I havent found one yet that isnt.
[ In Reply To ..]
:(
'Tis a bummer, to be sure.

Negative Posts - bomt

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the problem is, people like George Soros (who bought Spheris in 2004) are buying companies and sucking the life out of them by sending our work to India, Manilla, etc., then selling them off without any regard for U.S. workers and our CEOs are too stupid to figure that out!!!! Thus, we are ending up with no jobs here in the U.S. It's happening in every industry. I've been doing this for 20 years - previously made great $$$$ - I make less now than I did 10 years ago. I'm out of this industry as soon as I can find something else - if possible!

This nation is HUGE and there are many people...sm - Fine BUT.....

[ In Reply To ..]
who like red and some people who like blue. Just because we all have different opinions doesn't mean anybody is right or wrong - just that we are still (as of now anyway) a free nation where one's opinions are one's personal choice. My suggestion is that if you find a board here distasteful to you, there is no reason to visit it. Also, if you see a so-called negative post, skip it - PERIOD! Until otherwise notified, negatives are a part of life here - like it or leave it. Simple as that but continuing to post whiney-sounding posts of your own solves absoluely nothing. Grow up and progress with your life.

Now THAT was a negative post - LMAO nm - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have been doing this for 10 years too. - northtxgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with the MT that said it seemed like our wages have been whittled away year after year. When I first started out, I was able to make a pretty good living being an MT but lately it really looks like the profession is going downhill in a basket. I can sit at my computer and work all day into the night and not make what I used to make working 4 hours. It is really getting bad and I am personally looking for another profession. Like you said, why sit here and work at something that you do not even make minimum wage at any more. They are making more flipping burgers at McDonald's than we are working all day as an MT where I work. This is not right to do this to people who are skilled workers. Companies wonder why there is a shortage of MT's, come on you need to pay people what they are worth and pay them a decent wage so they can feed their families!! Companies that do not pay their employees what they should be for their skilled labor are cheapening and lowering the standards for MT's. You are taking away our incentive for even working for you!!

Northtxgirl, come on, not making minimum wage?? - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
That's, what, less than $7.25 an hour and you're a skilled MT? That's so bad it's actually hard to believe--that a skilled transcriptionist transcribing whatever comes along for 40 hours a week, even with gaps in work availability, should be outearned by the kids and old ladies at McDonalds?

Those of us who say we're making $20/hour MORE than minimum (and more) working at MTSOs are not lying. The nice thing about production pay at many companies is that it does allow hard workers to up their incomes by upping their speed. The large crowd not doing quite that well are still outearning you twice and three times over. Why???

If it's your company, for sure start looking for a new job immediately and don't stop until you find it.

If others at your company are doing considerably better, though, I'd suggest you build on the considerable skill you already have by studying how to get much, much, much, much faster. The first question would be why you weren't already. Best wishes for some major income improvement in 2010!

Line count adjustments - northtxgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me this if you know, can MT companies adjust the line counts to where you are not making your usual pay on production? With the previous company I worked for and the great accounts that I had, it was no problem to make $25 an hour but now even with easy accounts, I still cannot reach the same per hour wage on production. I feel something has changed with our lines counts or we would be able to earn the same wage per hour. Think about it, what else can be going on anyway? I think there must be some reason the line counts are not adding up to the same amount per hour even with easy dictation.
I have to say I know it CAN happen because it happened - MissIndigo
[ In Reply To ..]
to me at a company I worked for. It's a large MTSO that I had been quite happy working for until the group of accounts I was working on started going sour. For a while it was disguised by various other factors of going to VR with all the variables that involves, including official rate reductions, new accounts, fluctuating work availability, developing my expander use further, etc.--besides my own laxity in monitoring my work--but it just kept moving one way. I didn't want to believe it, but over time, as I finally started measuring carefully and compared notes with another who'd been measuring and communicating with others a lot longer, there was no mistaking that unreported line count reductions had to be occurring. It is the reason I chose to leave the company.

The company I currently work for, by the way, is a lot more transparent. A couple of times, before all this started, I had asked my account manager at the old company how my line counts compared to others, just so I could evaluate myself, and she wouldn't answer. This company posts everyone's production anonymously each month so we can all see how we are doing.
Now I know I am not going crazy! - northtxgirl
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for verifying this for me! I have had an uneasy feeling about this for a while now that our line counts were being tampered with. I thought well maybe it is just me but after going over my lines again, I can honestly say that I believe this is happening. I guess the only thing to do is to start looking for another company to work for. We deserve to be paid for our hard work and this really is unethical I believe for companies to treat their MTs like this. Once again, thank you for verifying to me what I have long suspected and I will be looking for another job. If you or anyone else has any good companies that you could recommend applying to I sure would like to know and find one that is honest and good to their employees.
Thank you so much.

MTSOs are helping to cheapen and lower standards - for our entire country. Curry-suckers.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Softscript - So Many Negative Posts
Oct 28, 2009

I see so many negative posts about SoftScript and I'm wondering what the problems are with this company. What are some other better companies to work for (full time) and why? Just curious.   ...

I Guess Now I Know Why SoftScript Gets So Many Negative Posts. Sm
Nov 27, 2010

In the past 2 days, I have done a total of 300 lines.  I know that things are slow with the holidays, but this is past the point of slow.  I have NEVER had a holiday this lean nor have I worked with people who seem to care so little.  I do not have a direct supervisor yet, despite their claims that they are working on assigning production managers, so I do not even know who to talk with about this situation.  Most of the time if I send an e-mail, it goes unanswered.  I f ...

Negative Posts On Here About Southern Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I see the negative posts on here about Southern Transcription but was wondering how long ago you worked for them.   I guess I am just hoping things may have improved since then.  I am about to be one of many swallowed up by Nuance and I can't imagine any other MT company being much worse from what I read on the Nuance board.   Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Reading Frequent Negative Posts About Keystrokes
Jun 26, 2010

I have been reading frequent negative posts about Keystrokes recently.    I had always heard positive things about Keystrokes  in the past and I was initially excited to  join them; however  I was  more glad to leave.   I  have never had any contact with upper manangement so I have no comment there.  However, I had always read such positive things about their "caring" "helping"  etc and I did not find this to be true.   I  also found much deception.   I may sound naive but I was ...

Can We All Take A Time-out On The Personal And Negative Posts On This Site?
Jan 16, 2012

It's so difficult to continue reading this site when the negativity and personal attacks have become rampant. One has to sift through the garbage to get to any real informative posts and it's getting out of control. Someone is upset about the negative posts and then she goes on a tirade of name calling directed at the negative poster, and thus becomes an even bigger looking jerk in the process. I don't know what the answer is...maybe we can try to concentrate on the post rather t ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

S/l Negative Ortolani
Jan 14, 2010

It is under the physical exam section for a 6 month old baby well child exam. thanks for any help! ...

Clotest Negative?
Mar 05, 2011

Second language English doctors will be the death of me.... Now labs:  "LFTs unremarkable except albumin at 2.3.  Total protein 5.9.  (s/l:) Clotest negative"   Thank you! ...

Where Are All The Negative Nellies Now?
Apr 05, 2013

Just wondering where all the people without work are at now, especially after the latest email. Funny how everyone complains about no work but many of the accounts are close to being out of TAT - of course, payday was a couple of days ago so the rush isn't on yet, right? ...

Another TTS Post...but This One Is Negative
Jun 30, 2014

Seriously. The account I'm on has apparently been having lots of critical errors, mostly number errors, lab values etc. So they sent out an email with an attached PDF with a crossword puzzle that we are required to do and turn in. WTF? Is this elementary school? And we are paid by the line. How do they plan to compensate us for our time doing the required crossword puzzle? I find it totally ridiculous.  I can't even bring myself to open the attachment to look at the crossword p ...

*Aveciosa* Titers Negative. Thanks. Nm
Nov 04, 2009

nm ...

S/L FLIP 1 L 1-PDGFR A Negative......sm
Dec 10, 2009

Hypereosinophilic syndrome/FLIP 1 L1-PDGFR A negative. ...

T1N0 I Negative M0 Grade 2 - How Would You Put This?
Feb 22, 2010

Should I put it like T1N0M0 I-negative grade 2? Thank you. ...

Which Messages Are Right? The Positive Or The Negative?
May 11, 2010

Let's say you have worked for a company and you're happy. You're probably going to post positive things. Let's say your co-worker got negative feedback from QA or even got fired. The messages that co-worker writes are going to be completely different from yours. Which messages are right? ...

Transcend-Seems To Be A Lot Of Negative Out There Recently. So Tell Me.....
Jun 19, 2011

Is there anyone out there that does like their job with Transcend and can you tell me why? i.e. flexibility, good account, decent money/benefits etc. Thanks. ...

Could Anyone Tell Me Anything Positive Or Negative About Medscribe?
Dec 08, 2010

Also, apparently there are 2 offices, one on Florida and one in NJ?  Are these the same company or do you have to apply separately? Any info you could share would be SO appreciated.  TIA  :) ...

Sperling's And S/l  Lermay Were Negative
Feb 02, 2011

Sperling's and s/l  Lermay were negative ...

Gram Negative Bacilli
May 04, 2011

When used within a sentence, should gram negative be hypenated?  Also should gram be capitalized?    Please help! ...

S/l BRECK-teen Negative - SM
Jun 27, 2012

Doctor dictates the patient formerly had heavy menstrual periods and that she is apparently (s/l "BRECK-teen") negative, but she has a positive family history of breast cancer in her mother.   Thank you very much for your help.  It's *most* appreciated! ...

Synernet - Anything Negative About This Company
Jan 02, 2013

Just wondered what the opinion is of anyone working at Synernet ? I Have not seen anything negative about this company.. only the positives! Very impressive.. didnt know if there is anyone here working there and what info you may have.. Thanks!!! ...

AssistMed Positive Or Negative?
Jul 16, 2013

anybody know anything about this company, positive or negative?  thanks. ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...

Negative S/l Bayle's Maneuver? See Msg
Jul 08, 2014

The patient is being seen with regard to rheumatoid arthritis/fibromyalgia.  "Wrists, elbows, and shoulders move well throughout without tenderness or synovitis.  Hips, knees, feet, and ankles move well throughout without tenderness or synovitis.  No sclerodactyly or dactylitis.  Negative _____ maneuver." It sounds like Bayle's maneuver, but I cannot document it.  TIA :) ...