A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If American MTs get QCd to death, how in the world - curly

Posted: Aug 03, 2013

are MTs from India doing well? I was born and raised in the U.S., I was an English/writing major, and I'm QCd into the ground, which makes me wonder - how the heck are people from India and other countries doing as MTs? Can they REALLY do better than those of us who grew up speaking the language, have spent years doing MT, especially since some of us are English experts (and probably ALL of us are English experts compared to those in India)?! What is going on here, seriously?

What is going on here? In a word: GREED - Grumpy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I've often wondered that myself. I don't take the QC seriously anymore, sm - MT55

[ In Reply To ..]
as I recently had a point taken off for hyphenating milk of magnesia. Never mind that I just spend 15 minutes looking up complicated oncology drugs.

I am not sure about this, but I think... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
... there's a double standard. I base that on reading some of the posts on the MModal and Nuance boards. I don't think they are held to as high a quality standard as US MTs. That came out in the Precyse lawsuit as well.

Agree, but why exactly? I think it's partly a forced attrition tactic. - Which seems to be working...

[ In Reply To ..]

for those 2 companies, at least.  As several have mentioned on the Nuance board, it makes no other business sense at all to knock down their own accuracy numbers the way they've recently been doing with over-QA'ing their onshore MTs, as those figures supposedly get back to the clients.  

I mean, for Nuance you might say it's also partly to keep bonuses down, but if that's the case, why did they institute a new bonus for QC based on "finding" more errors? Something fishier than usual is going on.

You're right. In addition to forced attrition, and - more money for themselves, -SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they're also trying to build a case for themselves, because they know they're in for a lot of court-time in the not-too-distant future. You can bet on it. Probably following not only their own greed, but the advice of their fancy lawyers.

They're not held to our standard. Fewer lines, - more errors, Starving US MTs. :(

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Am I Being Pecked To Death Or Do I Need To Leave The MT World?
Dec 09, 2009

I am beginning to think that everything I know is absolutely wrong!  I failed my audit, which is only the 2nd time in my 12 years here that I actually had an audit. I am being marked wrong for things like eponyms, which in BOS 2 is acceptable to use, but preferred to drop the 's, but is still acceptable.  Also, for not numbering the diagnosis section even thought it was dictated in paragraph form. Is everyone being marked for stuff like this?  I have a second job where I g ...

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

Death In Family
Sep 10, 2010

Does MQ offer bereavement pay?  I don't have any PTO time left, but have to attend a funeral out of town.  (another expense I cannot afford...)  ...

Been Audited To Death
Sep 01, 2011

Feel like I am being targeted.  ...

I Know This Has Been Talked To Death But Has Anyone That Had
Aug 06, 2012

their work go on Epic had a little bit of work left for them or nothing at all.  I guess I am just obsessing about this because I am going through it now.  I have posted before but just feel better when people that have worked with Epic can explain what I can expect or not expect.  I dont feel like looking for another job but maybe that will happen with all these jobs by 2014.  Isnt that when it has to be in place as far as EMR.  I wonder why my hospital picked Epic but ...

Heads Up To The MT's Being Picked To Death. Sm
Dec 11, 2009

Hi folks, I'm an MME and just want to know that I don't like picking your reports to death.  When I have to correct a report, I usually leave comments to help you along.  However, we were told that if anything is missing from the ADT screen, or if we see 1 little mistake, we have to review the whole report.  If the ADT screen is correct, then, unless you're on 100%, we just correct where the QA marker is.  I can't tell you how many times the date of s ...

I Know It's Been Said Many Times Before And Beaten To Death..........but
Oct 03, 2010

But do they really think throwing us on multiple accounts constantly is going to help quality?  What IS their motivation for this?   It's just stupid.  I would be more than happy to learn, say, THREE, accounts like the back of my hand, but it is impossible to really keep 12 accounts straight, even if you make notes for yourself, refer to them, you are GOING to NOT get it right, not without accepting 3 bux an hour anyway.  It would just be SMARTER to figure out how ...

Black Screen Of Death?
Jul 12, 2012

? ...

E-mail Regarding Eileen's Death
Sep 21, 2013

What do you all think about e-mail from TSM regarding death of one of our co-workers? Said family only wake but that she wanted nothing more. Sounds to me like she was depressed and committed suicide, probably over the stress that Nuance has been causing in her life. That's just what I got out of the e-mail. I know sometimes there are circumstances where one feels they're stuck with their current situation, and there is no other way out. Maybe that's what happened. I know I'v ...

What Does RHC Stand For When Referring To Death?
Apr 22, 2014

Dictated:  "RHC was at 1230 hours and the coroner will be notified." What does RHC stand for?  Thank you! ...

Social Security Death/Retirement Benefits
Jul 10, 2010

My aunt is 63, still working, uncle 66, still working PT but receiving full SS benefits.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  If he dies, and my aunt keeps working (she is working for the medical insurance), will she receive his death benefit, and will it be the same amout.  She is worried about this, well in advance (we hope) and I just wanted to ease her mind a little.  Thank you. ...

Death In The Family And Cannot Find The Bereavement Policy
Mar 01, 2011

Just had a death in the family and cannot find the berevement policy.  Can someone tell me what it is?  In my state of mind can't find it. THanx ...

Working Myself To Death For Slave Wages And About To Quit
Mar 25, 2011

I need some real input.  I did my research on this field and went to one of the best schools.  I work hard and do excellent work.  I've been doing this for almost a year, and I want to know when I'll reach minimum wage.  I get 7.5 to 8 cents a line.  I am technically full-time, but they don't always give me enough work. I worked for one company that couldn't keep me busy enough, switched companies, then decided to work for BOTH.  According to th ...

Sick To Death Of Spending Time Testing.
Dec 23, 2012

Why can't we do the test once (they seem to all be about the same) and have it posted somewhere centrally for these potential employers?  If you can't get footpedal to work with the transcription section it is a real time consumer and PITA. ...

Offshore MT Error & Patient Death In Alabama
Dec 25, 2012

Transcription error costs Thomas hospital $140 million dollars and woman loses her life. Thomas Hospital has been hit with a $140 verdict in a civil case involving allegations that outsourcing contributed to errors that resulted in a Daphne woman dying in 2008 from a medicine overdose. (Press-Register file photo) BAY MINETTE, Alabama – The family of a Daphne woman who received a lethal dose of medicine due to an error made by workers in India hired to save money on the prepar ...

From MSN, They Are Calling It The Death Of Middle Class And We Are On The List.
Jan 23, 2014

see link ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

Native American
Mar 26, 2010

When doctor says:  "Patient is a native American" should native be capitalized?  (BOS says to capitalize tribe names, but that doesnt answer this question.)  Thanks very much. ...

Will This Help Struggling American MTs?
Apr 23, 2013

I saw this article on a new law being passed about outsourcing jobs http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-bill-could-slow-indian-outsourcers-092353134--finance.html     ...

American MTSOs?
Jul 23, 2014

Okay, so are there ANY companies that are actually owned by Americans who live in America?  Everyone says they are only hiring from within the U.S., but that doesn't mean the owners are American.  Someone here said one company (Diskriter?) was purchased by "an Indian couple." Why wasn't it purchased by an American couple? Why aren't Americans buying MTSOs? What's up with that? ...

Where Are All The American Doctors?
Sep 06, 2014

This past week it seems all I have got to transcribe are foreign docs.  Some are not too bad, but some it is just plain torture to listen to.  What is going on?  Also this is the first time I have not been able to pay my bills with my paycheck.  It is so depressing.  Just had to vent.   ...

The Great American EHR Boondoggle
Dec 01, 2009

Just in case anyone thought that point and click EMR is working, read this article.   http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20090818/REG/308189963 ...

American Precision Transcription, LLC
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone work or heard of this company American Precision Transcription, LLC (APT)? Thanks for any and all comments about them. ...

American Transcription Association
Aug 27, 2010

Do any of you belong to American Transcription Association?  I just happened to find their site today and it sounded very interesting.   ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

American Transcripton Association
Apr 30, 2011

Is anyone on this board a member of this medical transcription organization?  If so, has it been beneficial to you?  I am asking because I am considering joining because I like what they say on their website.  So, I am just wondering if it is worth the money to join.  Any and all responses appreciated.  Thank you in advance. ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work For An American MT Company From
Feb 18, 2012

another country, specifically, Costa Rica.  My daughter started out volunteering down there and loved it so much she moved there permanently.  She is my only child, and since I really have no family here anymore and she wants me to, I'm considering moving down there.  Of course, I'd have to be able to keep my MT job.  I'm not exactly a spring chicken and apparently in order to move there you need to either have a pension/social security and/or an income (appare ...

American Health Connection?
Feb 08, 2013

Does anyone have experience with them or did anyone find any info. on them?  I couldn't find much of anything.  Thanks. ...

American Health Connection
Apr 05, 2013

Is it just me or does the new American Health Connection ad look like others we have seen from another company...maybe Phonix MedComm? ...