A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

6 inches of snow and counting and I can't play hooky - cuz I work at home!

Posted: Jan 10, 2011

There's con for working at home!

I consider a plus because we don't have to - drive in it. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Too right (about not having to drive in it!) - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you are blessed with a decent snow-worthy vehicle, others may not be so lucky and that can cause issues in itself.

It's been 10 years now since leaving the regular work force to work at home and I don't regret it for a second...ESPECIALLY in bad weather!

Hope you are all safe and warm with a little something in the belly to keep the internal fires burning. Good luck out there! It can be scary!

Over 6" plus ice here in Atlanta - SouthernBelle

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope, won't be calling in to take off work unless we lose power (hopefully we won't!)

Hi Southern, about 50 miles south of you and here (sm) - GaPeach

[ In Reply To ..]
we have about 2-3 inches of ice and about 2 inches of snow. Have you seen where we have more coming tonight?

Good luck to everyone out there with this weather!

What makes me feel even worse. - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband, 2 daughters, and friends are all in the teaching field so they get off scott free while I have to work. I hate it when they are sleigh riding, reading, watching movies, drinking hot chocolate, etc. and here I am working away.

Also, my account is in a heavy snow territory so when they get dumped on the patient turn out is low and work slows down.

:) About 5" here, driveway too steep to escape, but - Fellow Traveller

[ In Reply To ..]
that's okay! I worked snug in my office while watching the big crowd of birds at our feeders and now have mixed a drink and am about to snuggle into a recliner by the fire with a good book. Dinner's spicy pork stew, cooked up yesterday in case the power goes out--again. Life's good. :)

I see it as a pro - Ayn

[ In Reply To ..]
Same situation here today - but I see it as a pro to work from home on a snow day -- I didn't have to worry about getting up an hour early to shovel snow, scrape windows, and drive through dangerous & cold conditions to get to work and I didn't have to use PTO time to stay home with the kids who are off school and are too young be home alone.

I'm a snowmobiler from the North Woods with NO SNOW - Pass it my way please!

[ In Reply To ..]
I really would appreciate it.

24 inches in one day - Bern

[ In Reply To ..]
Not going anywhere, but still working!

Where do you live that you got that much? - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

South Bend - bern

[ In Reply To ..]
Indiana. It was lake effect off of Lake Michigan.

ROFL. Read above posts with no thought to what originally meant. - Take a naughty approach to reading them. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Monitor Bigger Than 19 Inches?
Jul 06, 2011

I have MS Word, IT, Bytescribe, and WordPad all up side-by-side at the same time.  Then when I need to get on the internet I minimize those.  I'm thinking it might be nice with a bigger screen to spread MS Word out bigger so the print will be bigger and easier to read.  I know I could make it bigger by changing it from say 100% to 150% but I don't like to go bigger than the page width.  I also might be able to leave the internet open too with a bigger monitor. Has ...

BMW Wire 190 Cm By 0.014 Frenches Or Inches
Dec 19, 2013

Thanks.  I hear frenches, but other people have put in inches.   ...

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

Snow?
May 31, 2012

I've never heard of "snow" in an operative report.  He very clearly says snow, but I can't find it to confirm the spelling...Snow, Sno...etc.  Anyone heard of it? "Snow was then placed over the vaginal cuff, and over the top of that Interceed was placed to prevent pelvic adhesions postoperatively." ...

No Work Due To Snow!
Jan 13, 2011

We usually have plenty of work, as the company does not over-hire, and we even get OT frequently.  Right now, because of the snow where the accounts are located, there is very low patient load and work is sooooo slow we can't even make the minimum line requirement.  This could go on all winter!!!!!! ...

Yay! Snow Flakes! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

/ ...

No Work Due To Snow In The Midwest!!!!
Feb 02, 2011

Usually swamped.  Clients located in the midwest not seeing patients.  Can't decide what to do, go out and play, read a book, clean my office, or take a nap.  I feel like I am playing hookie or something.  Very unusual to be bored on a weekday. ...

ETransPlus And Snow Bunny
Sep 08, 2011

Interested to know how eTransPlus is going for Snow Bunny.  She has been on this board for years...if in fact it is the same person.  She was always helping with words and such.  Intrested to see if this is a good or bad company and what she thinks.  It will take time though to see.  Even if good, eventually greed takes over for all these companies. Plus they all seem to have their favorites who cherry pick, so if you come on board, you have to work your way up the cherr ...

Note To Snow Haters...
Dec 04, 2012

seems to have no snow for now.  Guess they are all grinches over there.  LOL ...

I LOVE The Snow Flakes
Dec 06, 2012

I'm tired of reading the negativity about the wonderful snowflakes. Jeepers peepers people.  The snowflakes fall.  They are white, they don't get in the way of reading or writing the messages, they do not cause migraines or seizures or all the other faux complaints people are saying.  They just fall and then that's it.  It's just once a year that we have been looking forward to.  11 months out of the year you get your way and you don't get them, ...

Snow Bunny, For Doubting Thomases, Please Let Them Know
Nov 23, 2009

That the transcriptionist sitting at home is doing the dictating or re-dictating for the Dragon equipment. I told them about a friend who had and found it a time consumer. She was not an M.D., dictator, a transcriptionist who had hand issues. It is late here and I am heading towards bed but please let folks know about you can use it and teach on the home side. ...

MORE SNOW!!! And Power Outages. What Is The Policy At MQ On This?
Jan 07, 2011

I have been with Q a long time, but have never really been given a straight answer on weather situations knocking off your power (sometimes ultimately leading to the demise of refurbished, after refurbished MQ computers).  Are we penalized for this?  ...

Dear TSA: I Dont Care About Your Son Or The Snow
Feb 16, 2015

please spare us what is going on in your life. ...

S/L "Tennessee Slider Half Inches" OP Note
Jan 13, 2011

He is talking about a SLAP tear repair, but I'm never comfortable with typing OPs, and this isn't something that I've heard of before.  My Ortho book AND my surgical equipment book seem to have just walked off!  I'm in tears because I can't STAND this doc!  Help!!! ...

LOVE THE SNOW FLAKES.... MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 15, 2010

Echo Dictation Redux, Question For Snow Bunny
Oct 24, 2011

Ok, moving ahead with my plan to up my productivity by doing echo dictation,redictate the reports and up my straight typing speed using voice recognition software. Looking at the new Dragon 11.5 for 145.99 on Amazon.  Want to know if this will do the trick or if must I bite the bullet and get the Dragon Medical (with the 30,000 word medical dictionary) which I am sure is MUCH pricier. Wanna get started on this ASAP, and can have the product from Amazon in a couple of days. Suggest ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Sotware To Play DS2 Files
Jul 04, 2011

hi, all.  any recommendations on the best/cost effective software to purchase that plays ds2 files? i just have express scribe currently. thanks in advance!   crystal ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Express Scribe Will NOT Play DSS Files!
Jun 24, 2012

I am upgrading to a new computer finally with Windows 7 and IE9.  I was thrilled when everything was loading up fine-but the new version of Express Scribe will NOT play DSS files!  I have a USB-1 pedal, but this new free version they have insists on us buying their $70 pedal OR their Pro version of Express scribe for $30 (on sale).  I am furious!  Anyone get this newer version to work w/o buying anything?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Hot Keys For Play, Pause In DocQScribe
May 13, 2015

Help, new MT, using DocQScribe and foot pedal won't work. Trying to use hot keys for play and pause, but can't seem to make anything work. Help! ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...