A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

wmx,nuance payroll compensation migration. - my understanding of Unemployment benifits

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

If this company would have given us the new Escription whereas we can make the same or better then that would be more understandable. I have several other friends (other mtsos) that make a very good living on Escription  which our old CEO (now VP over all nuance transcription) promised us.
To cut our pay before this happens to me is just unacceptable and in my opinion may have been somewhat misinformed perhaps just to keep us around with this slower program we are on now. So I will quit, give up my health insurance and file for unemployment, if needed I will file an appeal  (with this company) and draw a very respectable weekly salary until I find another mtso to work for or go into another line of work. As far has my health insurance goes I will find that elsewhere also.

I have received emails and phone calls (fellow mts as Ive been in this business over 25 yrs) asking about this unemployment situation with my case worker in my state. What I understand is that you do not have to be laid off to collect these benefits. There are several other reasons one which has to do with the severity of a reduction in salary over a period of time. The kicker is the more you make the higher the amount of weekly benefits you can receive and this is why I was showing my case worker what wmx has been doing to us over a short period of time and now may be trying to do to us again.

I believe or recall that wmx  told us they are a "part" of nuance and my way of thinking is that maybe my original contract with wmx and original pay will be used to calculate my benefits instead of after all these pay cuts that would get me less unemployment benefits.

I just finished testing with Nuance. - needingajob

[ In Reply To ..]
Received an email last night for phone interview to discuss schedule, etc. In the previous email, they said up front they pay 0.08 cpl for straight typing and 0.04 for VR (of which I have no experience.) Anyone working for Nuance? Is the QA really a pain the butt? Any other problems before I accept this job? I've been looking for work since middle of October. It's rough out there. I'll take the 8 cpl as employee status but only if this company is decent.

I just started there - and have a friend

[ In Reply To ..]
who has been there for months and we both really like it so far. We both have really good team leads.

As far as QA, they are probably no different than any other company. You always have one or two who want to be a pain. So far I have had to dispute two scores but for the most part they have been extremely helpful with their feedback and fair with their scoring.

Good to hear! - needingajob

[ In Reply To ..]
I know there is not a perfect company out there. I just want fair wages, plenty of work and communication with management. I've always been a hard-working, loyal employee and would expect to be treated fair, unlike my last position.
cut in pay with webmedx - sami3942
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Webmedx and other companies and think it sux that they cut the pay in half to do editing (VR)...to me it is harder than straight typing..have to look harder at the words, etc. Major cut in pay when VR came into play.
I never thought I would say this but... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am so GLAD they did not hire me!!!
I agree that it stinks to get paid half - for VR editing but
[ In Reply To ..]
that seems to direction MT is heading. Before I went to Nuance I worked for another company using M Modal. I got paid 0.65 for straight typing and 0.5 for VR (a penny a line more than Nuance) but it was so bad, I actually make more at Nuance because it requires much less editing.

I had a really long note today (ESL to boot) that only needed a handful of edits whereas on the other system ALL of my notes had to be edited on every third word or so.
I have not found any improvement in VR in all the years they have - been working on it
[ In Reply To ..]
It's still horrible. I don't think it's improving much, if at all.
And that is called Job Security. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
And I am very happy about VR's failure to improve over time - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
There is a new kid in town - Melissa
[ In Reply To ..]
And that is EMR. You all had better talk to some of the MTs where this has been implemented. Entire transcription departments except for one or two have been let go. It's way worse than VR. WAY. It also affects coders and billers. EMR does it all. Doctors use a touch screen to do some of the dictation. The system pulls in medications, allergies, PMH, SH, PSH. ROS is touch screen and a lot of the PE is as well. Lab is all pulled in from the system as well as imaging. What you are left with is cutting transcription by about 75%. The hospitals are thrilled. And no editing is required. All hospitals must be compliant by 2014. Don't stick your head in the sand and don't take my word. Do some research.
I was replaced by EMR. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I think EMR is a far bigger threat than VR. I was an in-house transcriptionist for a clinic that went to EMR and rather than let me go, I was put in charge of getting the EMR up and running, training the docs on it, creating the templates, and later entering the information into it as the patients came in. I actually enjoyed it very much and was sad to have to leave the job for other reasons.

The one we used took out all of the coders as well and left us with a billing manager and her assistant.

Having worked on the other side of it, I can see where it will be our biggest threat.
EVERYONE here should read your post. - Reader
[ In Reply To ..]
What a superb post, Melissa.

I wish everyone here would read it. They SHOULD.

EMR has been around for years, and I'm stunned that so many MTs here don't know anything about it and/or stick their head in the sand and pretend it's not happening.
This is not all true - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
I have researched a great deal. There are many errors with this system, and it was not meant to take the place of the MT. It is supposed to be able to "be using EMR systems with interoperable standards that would allow them to share lab results, images, computerized orders and prescription information with hospitals and other health facilities." You can see that here: ama-assn.org/amednews/2008/05/19/gvsa0519.htm The date 2014 had been other dates prior, but due to failure of one thing or another, it has changed, and probably from reading what I have, it will change again. Just MHO
Keep on believing that MT2 - Melissa
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course there are problems with the system. Any time a hospital changes a dictation system or any other system are are bugs. But you are sadly fooling yourself if you believe it is not here to stay or that it was not meant to replace us. I truly and sincerely feel bad for the MTs who refuse to see. What you are reading on the web is not consistent with what is happening. Of course, hospitals that have not implemented Epic are not going to put out there that they are going to replace you because they need you until the system is up. You might want to read on the Main Board here and hear from many MTs deeply impacted by the Epic system. Or you can just keep believing that the sky is not falling. I choose to at least try and find something else while I can. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Payroll Question
Nov 19, 2012

Does Nuance pay weekly or bimonthly? ...

Email Address For Payroll @ Nuance
Dec 27, 2013

Can anyone give me the email address for Nuance payroll.  I quit back in October 2013 and lost access to company email.  I need a letter from them stating that I no longer work there in order to apply for health insurance.  By the way, minimum wage in New York State is going up to $8 per hour starting in January.   ...

Nuance Compensation ????
Jul 16, 2012

No one ever said for sure if this compensation had been to offset insurance costs, MUP or whatever?  I didn't get it and am curious why it was not across the board.   They may have been caught with their pants down on this one. ...

Nuance CEO Compensation...
May 05, 2014

Saw this today. Apparently CEO of Nuance, Paul Ricci, made around $29 million last year. Makes me sick that when I was there I was barely making minimum wage after being an MT for 15 years. The article talks about how he was compensated too much even though stocks were dropping. I think the more important point is how the MTs have been treated. THAT never reaches the article of course.    http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/04/28/nuance-ceo-paul-ricci-tops-pay-among-massachusett ...

Nuance Compensation
Jul 30, 2014

Any Nuance employees have any idea what the new compensation plan is going to be? ...

Can Someone Give Me A Phone Number For Payroll There At Nuance
Feb 04, 2013

Nuance QC Compensation Plan
May 16, 2015

At Nuance, the caste system THRIVES. The deception of this company is criminal. For the last year, the QCs were required to meet the company standard metrics of 150+ LPH, quality of 99% or higher, schedule adherence of 99%. If you failed to meet any portion of the metrics one week, you received a verbal warning; two weeks, you were moved to the Performance Action Plan. On 5/4/2015, we received our individual QA Weekly Scorecard; we also received the QC Compensation Plan on the same day. With no ...

Nuance Back-pedalling On Compensation
Dec 21, 2014

Looks like they are feeling the impact of angry and/or exiting MTs.  I got E-mail about the 99% used if no audits done and they are back tracking on that now.  I heard they were going back on reducing some platforms by the 88%.  That totally sucked for them to just throw that in as an afterthought.  "Oh, by the way, we forgot to tell you...."  I do appreciate that we got back the weekend differential, tiny though it may be.  That is the ONLY good thing I can say. ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

Nuance MT Compensation...fell Out Of My Chair Laughing!
Dec 19, 2014

This is their "official" statement I found about their wonderful platform and the ability of MTs to increase their compensation up to 100%!!!  Wow!!!  Spitting my coke all over the computer screen    http://www.nuance.com/for-healthcare/resources/mt-compensation/index.htm ...

Data Migration
May 01, 2012

Does anyone know companies that have data migration work? Thank you. ...

How Are The Data Migration Technicians At Scriberight Doing?
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

ScribeRight Got More Data Migration Contracts?
Jun 27, 2013

Anyone know if ScribeRight got more data migration contracts?  I thought this company's CEO said that there were a lot of good things happening and big contracts coming for data migration?! ...

Contacting Payroll
Jun 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to contact payroll?  I am fairly new with the company.  They forgot to pay me last time at all and this time I was paid line count but was told by the recruiter that I would be paid hourly for the first few weeks.  Any information would be greatly appreciated as my CCM is on vacation. Thanks. ...

New Payroll Schedule
Dec 01, 2010

Reading over the memo concerning the new payroll schedule, what I sumise is we are not getting paid on 12/24 but will get paid on 12/31 instead.  Am I reading this wrong?  I sure hope so. ...

Payroll's Mistake
Feb 10, 2012

Today the payroll dept made a mistake and everyone who was working got clocked off in error.  Now CCM wants us to go in and fix it ourselves.  Next thing you know they will be sending us a tutorial on how to fix our own computers.  I am so tired of all the things we have to do for no pay that I want to scream.  It's bad enough that we are paid so little for doing what we were hired to do, we get nothing for all the things we have to do that were not in our job descriptio ...

What Was That Payroll Email All About?
Nov 20, 2012

Letting us know that FICA wage limit will change from $110,100 to $113,700.  Thanks.  I know I was stressing about whether I would be under the magic number.  I also was worried about the max I could put in my 401K.  Good to know it is $17,500 but I can also catch up an extra $5000 even though it is more than I will make gross all of next year.  Sometimes I just got to shake my head at these emails.  Why don't they send an email letting us know w ...

Landmark Payroll
Mar 19, 2013

Does anyone have any tricks for being able to get into their payroll company's website? Ever since they got this new company, I have been unable to get in.  I can count on the fingers of 1 hand the number of times I've been able to get in.  I can get in 1 time, and the next time it will tell me the login failed, user ID invalid.  This may be the next day when I'm told my login is invalid.   I've had my login reset numerous times.  Yes, I am following ...

Number For Payroll
Apr 15, 2013

I cannot find the phone number to payroll!! Cannot get my supervisor and I need a punch fixed on my time card. Anyone know the direct number???? ...

Does Anyone Know The # To Payroll Dept?
Oct 21, 2013

I no longer work there and need to get in touch with them.  Need a copy of W2 and did not have to file a tax return because I did not make enough and do not have a copy of the W2.  Need it for financial aid.   ...

Question Regarding Payroll
Nov 27, 2013

Since this is the 3rd paycheck of the month do we still get ins taken out, I thought we would not have it taken out this time, just curious.  Thank you ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

No Payroll Notice?
Sep 16, 2014

No payroll notice this week?  I always get it on Tuesday. ...

2010 Payroll Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

When I click on HR there is no dropdown box or anything that states benefits so I can get to Payroll to see the 2010 schedule.  What am I doing wrong??  Thank U.  ...

Payroll Email ...figures (sm)
Dec 02, 2010

Earning and deduction code chart shows "BNSUP" - Production bonus for CORPORATE employees .... nice. This greedy, immoral place sickens me to my stomach. ...

Payroll System Conversion
Dec 29, 2010

What ever happened to the first time right philosophy?  There have been at least 3 emails sent out about the payroll system conversion, then another 3 emails to correct the originals.  Now I just received a "Recall" on the latest email about the payroll system conversion.  Totally annoying!  I wish MQ corporate practiced what they preached. ...

Could The Keystrokes MT Who Has The Payroll Schedule (sm)
Feb 14, 2011

please post the actual payroll dates for February and March - I'm happy to adjust my payments if the payday is February 16th instead of 15th.  Thanks for the info!  P.S.  Great place to work!! ...

How/where To Report Payroll Error? Sm
Jun 04, 2011

my line count isn't jiving with what I was paid on last check.  how do I get this fixed?  TIA. ...

Glad KS Made Payroll - However...
Sep 02, 2011

Some KSMTs posted they got paid today, some got paid on the 1st. This tells me this was not an issue with late line counts or the payroll guru asking them to kindly roll payroll ahead a few days. Truth has to be they do not have the money available to make payroll and had to pick and choose who to pay based on the money available. Those who asked for hardship case or who they did not want to risk losing got paid. Those they thought could be strung along for 2 more days were not paid un ...

Transcenders - 2nd Payroll Dates Nov/Dec
Oct 05, 2011

Is it true that MTs/ICs will be paid AFTER Thanksgiving and Christmans holidays?  Just wondering as new employee.  One ADP payroll schedule for employees states  prior to holidays, but another for MTs/ICs payroll states after holidays.  Please confirm.  Thank you. ...