A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ophth PE sample please - in need

Posted: Jan 28, 2012

I am needing a sample of an ophthalmologic physical exam including abduction/adduction/ versions, LHT prime etc.. I need the terminology and layout. 

I am testing for a compnay and have done mostly surgery in the past, which does not include a lot of these abbreviations.  If you know if any good web sites for abbreviations for eye exams, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks!

xx - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You are not supposed to get help for testing... - Lowly MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes it will state that on the ad...I am testing for the same company and I feel the test is hard too, out of my realm of expertise, so I am just going to be honest and decline. It says right on the ad not to apply unless you have ophthalmology experience.

Seriously? MT is dying. The person wants this job. He/she's trying. - Who cares about the old, outdated rules of

[ In Reply To ..]
The person is trying to get a job. The person could be an experienced MT who NEEDS a JOB right now. The companies and the industry DO NOT respect us and our career choice is all but dead, yet you harp on this archaic rule that "you are not supposed to get help for testing." Wow. Times are changing. Either help the OP or don't post at all is my opinion on this whole thing. It's not like that MT will have that job a year from now anyway. I know I'm right about that. It's not like any one of us are certain we will have our current jobs a year from now, either! Relax on the old-school rules. Nowadays they just don't seem important anymore.
"who cares" - sweetpea
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. We need to stick together. Help where we can. If I can help someone, I'm going to!!!!
me too! - Thank you. The
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Rules - I believe
[ In Reply To ..]
While your righteous indignation is what it is, I believe it's a TOS on the website, not an archaic rule.

If the OP can't find this information on her own, especially having had "experience" (ahem), then she's really wasting the time of the MTSO looking for someone WITH experience (and that's what the advertisement was for --experienced).

Finally, would y'all just shut up with this Chicken Little stuff? If you're so sure your job will be gone, how about getting out now and cease putting the intense negativity out here ad nauseum?
Ophth help-your opinion - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
My resume did not say I had ophth experience. It said I had ophth surgery experience. If you think I am wasting the time of the one posting the add...it is their time to waste.. as they still contacted me after reviewing that little thing called a resume. I do thank you for your opinion that did not include all the facts. "ahem" YOURSELF!
Correct spelling is ad nauseam. - ahem. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

to lowly MT - sweetpea

[ In Reply To ..]
Cut her some slack will you? She's trying to survive, just like you and me!

Actually, I kind of agree. If you cannot do the test, sm - Just my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
then it would seem that perhaps that job is not the best one for you. I used to work for an ophthalmologist, and, aside from PT notes, it was the most boring job I ever had. I'm not knocking the OP and I do know that a lot of people are desperate for jobs, but there are still jobs available in other areas of specialty that perhaps he/she knows more about.
Opth Help - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Why is it that anytime anyone asks for help with something,SOMEONE, always has to try to start something. Crummy sakes, cut people some slack. We should be trying to help one another not looking for reasons to bash each other. Get a life people or find another line of work.
I didn't bash anyone. I merely said if she cannot do the test, sm - Just my opinion
[ In Reply To ..]
perhaps it is not the right job for her. The test is there for a reason -- it not only allows the potential employer to assess your skills, but it also gives you a glimpse of what type of work will be offered and what is expected. What is the person going to do if she gets the job? Come on the board every day and ask for help with every note? Why go for an ophthalmology position if you don't know the terminology? Perhaps I see things too simply, but it doesn't make sense to me. I have never done radiology, so it wouldn't occur to me to apply for a radiology MT position, unless I was upfront with them and said I had no experience doing that and they were willing to train me.
Get the facts before you judge! - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
You need to get a life friend. I am an experienced MT with experience in ophth surgery! Not that it is any of YOUR business, but this was made known in my resume and cover letter. The person who owns the business picked me anyway, so stop giving your opinion where it is not asked for! IF the owner of the company wants me to test, stay out of it. I asked a question for help, NOT the Dr. Phil show!
If you do not want the opinion of others, perhaps you should not post sm - on a public message board.
[ In Reply To ..]
I always find it amusing when those with no other response to think of come up with the tired old "get a life" thing. I'm glad you got the job, if that is what you wanted. Unlike you, I do NOT judge others, I merely said if you needed help on the test it was not a good sign. And you should know that ophthalmologic surgery is not the same as seeing people in the office, which it seems you found out. I'm not angry or upset, unlike you, and I truly wish you well. I have a professional life that is blessed with doing work that I enjoy and still pays a decent wage in this day and age, and I hope everyone finds the same. As for my personal life, that is blessed too -- thanks for caring. LOL
Here you go again..... - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
Never said that ophth surgery was the same as regular ophth office notes. Stop putting words in my mouth. I don't know why you felt the need to tell me about your blessed life. Apparently that is just something you need everyone to know. ???? I've been an MT for years...not out of work and never have been..simply looking into something else and got a few good responses, then some like yours.

I didn't ask for opinions to be put on the board. I asked for something very specific. BUT those like you have every right to comment and I have every right to respond.

I'm not angry or upset. I simply responded to your self-righteous criticism. You are the one who can't handle a response. Go back to your blessed life.
And you go back to whatever hateful life you have. nm - It was you who said get a life.
[ In Reply To ..]
I won't respond to you anymore. I do wish you luck, but with your attitude, it seems doubtful
this gal thinks she is really something - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't have a hateful life, (I'm actually laughing at you with my husband right now) but unlike you, I don't have something missing in me that makes me have to tell everyone why I am so blessed. Sounds like you were trying to convince yourself.

I don't care enough about you to care what you think OR be hateful. I told ya you were self righteous and you said that makes me hateful. ?? Not hateful girl...just don't care what you think and KNOW that you were out of line with your opinion. Ya didn't have all the facts and decided to make assumptions about me.
Anywho, not too broken hearted that I won't hear from you again. Never asked to hear from you in the first place.

Gotta go...that hateful life of mine is calling. Haa
There she is again - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
I see that "sm" is bothering someone over on this board now. She goes to all the boards and has an opinion on everything which is usually mean and hateful. And, she has had experience in everything on this site. She must be 100 years old. Ignore people like that. I agree with you. It is a big laugh and she is just trying to get a rise out of everybody. Have a "wonderful life"!
Bless you anonyn!!!!!! - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for that!!!! I too have seen her initials everywhere and thought the same thing. She seems to answer any and every post that comes along. 100 years old is right!!!!! I am actually a very nice person who got attacked and when I attacked back, she and many others (probably just like her) couldn't handle it. Oh, I am smiling now..thank you for your positive input!!! Finally, somebody normal on this board!!!!
in need - questioning
[ In Reply To ..]
How is that a smart person like you doesn't know that "sm" means "see message?" Sheesh.
you are welcome - in need - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
I may not have paid great attention to the "sm" and "nm", but whoever this person was they were not nice. You have a good day!
xx - xx (nm = no message)
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Uh, sorry, but you're wrong - bout done
[ In Reply To ..]
SM is the initials of someone who keeps answering every post on here and causing trouble.
Yes, smarty pants everyone knows that sm means see meassage and nm means no message, but it is also the initials someone is using on this board. Good grief!
so you say! - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
and we are supposed to believe every word that comes out of your fingers? hahaha
Nope, not wrong - sm (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I was the OP of the first reply to in need (sm) and that was my only post on this subject. Just so you know, my initials are NOT SM. I won't resort to name calling and this will be the end of my posting on this thread. Enjoy your day! :)
I am enjoying my day seeing - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
all the fun you guys are having in the cat fights!
oh boy - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
I realize your initials are not SM, but thank you for exalting yourself above me to make yourself feel and look better. I doubt that will be the end of your posting today, but have a good one!
No dear it is not. It is hilarious to me to see someone - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
absolutely insist they are right when they aren't! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!
not insisting - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
just knew that someone like you was giving someone a hard time and voila, there you are. MUUAAHHH
see message see message see message - get off your high horse
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay folks...The initials AFTER the text was SM......it's kind of obvious that a person would "see message" since ya can't review everything that is written without SEEING THE MESSAGE! So, smart people assume that it is someone's nick name or initials..not that they are directing the reader to SEE MESSAGE, which is as obvious as "apply break to shift from park."
Oh to be as smart as some of you think you are! How will we all ever measure up?????

whew - anonyn
[ In Reply To ..]
Finally someone with common sense. Most people do not put initials to see message. They just click to see if there is a message. What a big mess about 2 little letters. lmao
you seem to be a hag - Ruth
[ In Reply To ..]
No wonder this profession sucks so bad. After 37 years, I am seeing newbies come in thinking they can do anything, and honey, trust me, you can't.

Just because you had some normals on an ophthalmology surgery doesnt mean you can do crap for clinic. Let the big girls handle it, okay?
just another one - jsmccon
[ In Reply To ..]
Not a newbie, but thank you for your opinion and proving once again that there are still MTs like you out there sitting on your high horse, preaching to us all. Your 37 years doesn't make you an expert either, so right back atcha "hag"!
You seasoned MTs always have to tell your story - not a newbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I love how all you "experienced" MTs have to be sure and tell those of us who have been in the business for years, (but not maybe YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS blah blah....) how much you make, how long you have been an MT, how happy your life is...Give me a break! Your lack of confidence comes through in your post. If you were really that successful, you wouldn't have to go around telling everyone..YOU yourself would know and THAT would be enough. We aren't impressed by your years of service, your pay checks OR your opinion. It's a free board, so post away..but know that all of us have as much right to be here as you whether 10 years or 20 years. Go back to work..
anonyn - GJ
[ In Reply To ..]
"sm" means "see messagee," d-oh,
It's Monday..time to type girls - No longer in need
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey there girls...If you are reading this, you have either sent me a help response to my original question OR you spent your weekend slamming me, then slamming me again for slamming you... Oh my head is spinning. They say everything happens for a reason..I'm glad for all the slamming, criticism, judgment that many of you put on me.

It's Monday...and despite the attack on my prefessional life...I do have an MT job that I've had for a very long time now....like any of you..I like to explore other options. However, you can be sure....if I ever explore again, I will never ask this board a question... All I wanted was help and that sure isn't what I got.

I'm been called immature, preoccupied with Dr. Phil, I've been attacked professionally, told it sounds like I don't qualify for a particular job, told to go back to my "hateful" life.

Oh well..I've been called worse by better and I gotta get busy working this morning, so I don't have time to go back and forth anymore.

Again, thanks to you MTs who were kind and didn't smash me for asking a question...to the rest of you....hmmm you don't really deserve any other response from me.
oh, somebody will slam me for the incorrect spelling - in need spelled a word wrong oops
[ In Reply To ..]
Uh oh, I spelled professional wrong in my other post. Oops....I bet some of ya will jump on that band wagon!!!!!! Oh well!!!!!!!!!!! haahahahaaaa
No longer in need - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I am not a girl, but I wonder if you know the difference between typing and transcribing? And thank you for sparing us any further responses. Enough already.
Go ahead and enlighten me - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your post. I so appreciate your concern for my ability to decifer between the meaning of 2 words. Really...Please spare ME!!!!
In need - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You seen preoccupied with Dr. Phil. Why is that?
One reference makes me preoccupied??? - in need of nothing from you
[ In Reply To ..]
Preoccupied??? hmmmmm One comment and you call that preoccupied. It's okay..you're just "one of those" so I will smile and get on with my day. heeeeeeeeee
Mind your own business! - in need
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry, but I did not ask for your opinion about if I should get help or not. You are correct in saying that the add stated not to apply unless you have experience. I DO have experience madam...in ophthalmology surgery and this was stated in my resume and cover letter, not that it is any of your business. I was still contacted with this forthright knowledge.
Mind you own business!
If you add it all up the ad said do not apply unless... - you have experience. I get it. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

wow...not like - person is asking for direct answers

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sent you an e mail - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Try www.mtsamples.com - dj

[ In Reply To ..]
Take a look at www.mtsamples.com. There are sample reports for all specialties including ophthalmology.

Thank for the advice not the bashing - in need

[ In Reply To ..]
Finally! Some advice I can use. I am so sick of these self-righteous MTs who have nothing better to do than comment on things that are none of their business. I assumed we all graduated from high school. Apparently not!

Thank YOU for your help.

Similar Messages:

Ophth-A Final Word
Jan 29, 2012

I just wanted to let those of you know who were helpful in my quest for an ophth sample....I am very grateful for the help I got.  All I wanted was some information on samples.  To the rest of you MTs who responded with criticism, judgment, and assumptions...stick it in your ear! One of you thought I cared what a "blessed" life you had and went on and on about it. ?? What?  Didn't really fit my post, but okay...guess you gotta tell someone! Someone else, maybe the same perso ...

Hypophthalmos? - Not In Stedman's Ophth. But Doc Is Clearing Saying It
Dec 16, 2009

He has clearly used this word several different times, but I don't see it in Stedman's Ophthalmology- help please? TIA ...

Anyone Heard Of S/L Duodeting?? Of The Epithelium. Ophth
Dec 25, 2009

Here is the whole sentence.   I do not appreciate any punched-out ulcerations in this area, just to the doading??? of the  epithelium. There is no dendrites with this.  Thanks for any help.  I have looked everywhere. ...

Does Anyone Have A Sample Of A
Sep 13, 2012

cardiac MRI they are willing to share/post?  TIA! ...

Sample Op Reports
Nov 20, 2010

What are some good sites for sample op reports?  This is the only real downfall I have with transcription and I would like to brush up on terms and procedures.  Thanx!! ...

Sample Dictations In Neuroradiology
Feb 02, 2010

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/ndictation.htm#MR_Brain   ...

How Do I Get To The Sample Reports? F5 Not Working
Feb 12, 2013

x ...

Synernet Sample Reports
Apr 01, 2014

Just wondered, if any of the other MTs who pull past reports ever notice the amount of mistakes in them? It seems like this evening, each time I pull in a report for a certain dictator, I find so many careless mistakes in these reports! I thought they were pretty rigid in checking quality with these documents.  I realize we have to fly through to make our lines counts, but gosh, some of this stuff is just plain carelessness.  ...

Is There A Place Online To Go See Sample OP Reports?
Nov 02, 2009

Such as, look at different types of procedures to become familiar with instrument names and such?  TIA ...

Here Is A Great Place For Sample Reports And
Nov 17, 2009

I was plodding along with a mush-mouthed doc dictating, and badly needed some samples with standard phrases.  I found this word-help site, and on there was a sample of exactly what I was working on, and I found the word I was looking for!   Maybe it'll be of help to some of you out there, as well:   ...

Anyone Know Good Website For Sample Op Reports?
Jun 10, 2010

nm ...

Sample Short-N-Sweet Letter To The Editor
May 19, 2012

Sample Contract For Employee Status Paid Per Line
Dec 15, 2012

The company I transcribe for has agreed to pay me per character line now instead of hourly rate, which is much more productive for me!   Question being, do I submit my line count to them and how do they deduct my taxes still???  Where could I find a company contract for them so that we both understand that I'm still their employee but paid cpl and a flat rate when doing office tasks once in a while?  Thank you for any samples/help. ...