A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What are the line count requirements at TransTech? - sm

Posted: Jan 18, 2010

Am curious about the line count requirements at TransTech for both standard and VR before I send my resume. Don't want to waste my time or theirs if I feel the requirements are too high.

don't believe they're hiring anyone for anything other than VR.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
...because they're now forcing us all to do either 100% VR or "a mix" (which means 90% VR, 10% traditional at best). This means a requirement of 13,200 per pay period (80 hours). Fun, huh? The VR pay rate is 0.4 per line. Everyone I know of here has taken nearly a 50% pay cut lately.

Went back to compare what you have to have to what - i had with VR the last pay period

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 32 hours per week and did 27,000 VR my last pay period and did not count the straight that I did. So you have to do how much again for 80 hours??

acc to the calculations you are doing 420 lph, wow! but anon only 160 lph??..nm - vr: 420/160

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
And remember that was the VR part of my work - not all that I had for that pay period
[ In Reply To ..]
I think what the job was expecting is not that much at all, for a full 80 hours?
not much asked, 160 lph doing VR, maybe she meant standard...n/m - vr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
And that 160 lines will make you exactly $6.40. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You are right, and if you only do VR and no straight - VR person
[ In Reply To ..]
You really have to step it up in order to make a decent salary. You can do it if you have a decent platform. I have averaged in the high 20s on VR on an hourly basis. I check my count every hour on the hour because I set myself to make so much for the day.
If you get garbage VR that's not cleaned up on a new account, - you can starve before you get past $6.40 an hour.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Then maybe you are working for the wrong place - VR person
[ In Reply To ..]
No one should make below minimum wage on any work with MTing, never. Hunt for something else if the place does not pay enough. When my employer first started on voice, I think it was about 2 weeks before it really got to where the majority was close to 95% accurate or better. Not that long really when you take into consideration others are making such low wages at other places.

wow, only 4 cents per line for VR at TransTech? that sounds low. n/m - not at MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

hey, if y'all like it, I'm sure they're hiring for it... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess it's just me (well, check the archives--it AIN'T just me), but I think it's kinda dirty to force your transcriptionists overnight to go from all traditional to a "mix" (meaning 90/10 VR not counting headers or footers, a so-so platform, etc.)with line requirements of 11,000 to then go to 13,200, then to add insult to injury by telling us all we will "make" money in this transaction. You don't have to go far (read: bottom of the company page here) to see how "many" of us are making money on this transaction. If you think this is a fair deal, absolutely no one is stopping you from jumping on board. Most of us don't think this is a nice thing to do to employees--and yes, I do know most companies are doing it, but that would not make me want to join up fresh with a company, anyway.

Side note--clearly VR's a great thing and such a time-saving technological wonder that no wonder they should pay us only 4 cents a line, but--in the past 2 weeks I have seen the following buried in the middle of reports, which had I not removed them, would still be there and could make an interesting difference in how patients re treated: 1. "He has cancer," which VR had guessed the ESL doctor had dictated (when the patient had never had cancer and the report had nothing to do with cancer) and 2. (my favorite) "the patient has help to cook and clean the cocaine" for "cooking and cleaning."

I think that is the REASON they have editors, ah, you - are the one who cleans up the work, ah

[ In Reply To ..]
is that not right? You have a human, now pay attention here, that takes a document that is already dictated, listens to it and CLEANS up any dictation that is incorrect. Tell me if I am missing anything now. VR is a machine. We get that, ok? Any person working on VR ALSO understands YOU are there to clear up such blatant mistakes. Now onto something else.
Yes, but the work we are being asked to clean up is GARBAGE. - Debbie
[ In Reply To ..]
For a teensy, weensy amount of money. TT's VR is definitely not one of the cleaned up programs all the VR Lovers are raving about. I can't believe the crap I am seeing left in FINISHED documents.

If TT continues down this road, they are going out of business very soon.
Amen, sistah! I can barely squeeze out 125 LPH on - the awful reports on VR. Is TT serious about keep
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
is it worth more than 4 cents per hour for your OWN medical record to be accurate? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
...so, ah, I, ah, think maybe you're missing that. Personally, I'd rather the person who's looking after my medical record be making wages that are better than a sweatshop in a third world country. Such a person may, perhaps, be a little more likely to, ah, do, ah, a good job. Ah?
I have posted and will do again because the cost paid - the ones who clean up
[ In Reply To ..]
has absolutely nothing to do with if the medical record, mine included is right or wrong. My medical record as we speak is falsified. It was straight typed, long before VR and yet has errors in it. Paying me 4 cents a line or 20 cents a line does not make me a better transcriptionist. I type exactly what is said regardless of the pay I receive. Any less be they editors or regular MTs should be fired for less. What you put forth is a bunch of baloney.
I really have no idea what your reply has to do with the topic at hand - Debbie
[ In Reply To ..]
However, it certainly seems that you have some anger issues. Perhaps you should consider treatment for anger management. But, hopefully, your treatment won't be based on any CRAP in your VR'd medical record!
Let me ask you, do you have your degree - hung out so you can judge
[ In Reply To ..]
other people's character. I just love it the way people are on here. Anger, nah, not this person, have the best of everything going on in my corner of the world. People are just a foolish bunch who think being paid x amount of money has anything to do with how complete a medical record is. Bless their little hearts.
Yes, I do have a degree as a matter of fact. - Debbie
[ In Reply To ..]
AND, I have judged you and found you lacking an anchor in reality!
I do not think it is up to you to judge another person - think that belongs to someone else
[ In Reply To ..]
Talk about pompous. Sorry your job is lacking, otherwise you would not be so down on a person who is doing well.
Someone else? Who? Dr. Phil, maybe? - Debbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I suspect he too would think you are not exactly grounded in reality, either! LOL.

With the new emphasis on HIPAA and patients demanding their records - Debbie

[ In Reply To ..]
What do you think is going to happen when they see all the TOTAL GARBAGE that VR has put in said records and the poorly paid MTs have not corrected? Should be interesting...

No, I don't think VR is the wave of the future. Unless we have already slid so far into a 3rd World health care system that there is no turning back now, where it doesn't matter if the stuff in your medical records is correct or not because the health care you will receive under such a system is CRAP too, just like the medical records VR turns out.
Let me tell you about what can go into the record - This was before VR
[ In Reply To ..]
I was the patient myself, supposed to have 2 procedures done by a physician. He forgot (yes he did) one of those and 9 months after the fact he dictated (remember this was before VR and straight transcribed) that he did the procedure he forgot to do. That my dear, was made part of my medical record. I work for that particular hospital and went to say that was falsying records,was told to put a note in my chart saying it was not so. So you see, dearie I have had things put in my record that I KNEW were false and were they changed, nope.

Similar Messages:

Line Count Requirements
May 31, 2012

Is there anyone willing to share what their daily line counts are? Thanks for your help with this. ...

VR Line Count Requirements And Pay
Jun 05, 2012

Would anyone mind sharing what they earn per line for VR editing? I would also appreciate knowing who you work for. This will help in determining new wages where I work. ...

I Wonder If They Would Consider Lowering MT Line Count Requirements Now
Apr 17, 2015

I mean, we bottom of the barrel scum certainly can't be held to the same standards as these lofty experts, right?  ...

What Are Amphion Line Count Requirements For Full Time?
Sep 25, 2010

nm. ...

TransTech Line Count
Jul 08, 2011

With all the comments below about the sudden, wierd drop in line counts recently, do you think there is anything we can do to protect ourselves?  In other words, is there a way to prove it?  How do you count lines? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Line Requirements
Sep 25, 2014

Hi, Does anyone know of any companies who still have 150 or 200 lph minimum requirements with employee status..besides Nuance.  Also, does anyone know of any companies who offer 12 hour windows with employee status..again, besides Nuance.  Thanks!  ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

Zylomed PT/FT Line Requirements? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

I'm thinking about applying but can't find anything on their website which says what their minimum line requirements are for full-time...if anyone could tell me it might save me a lot of time...thanks much! ...

Line Requirements For Webmedx
Aug 12, 2010

What are the line requirements for this company?  Opinions on the company?  I am currently working for "#1" that likes to "#2" all over their employees.  ...

Webmedex Line Requirements?
Jun 15, 2011

I heard they had increased the minimums required, could you tell me what they are now?  Do they do PT of less than 20 hours?     ...

What Are The Line Requirements At M-Modal For VR?
Mar 19, 2012

Seems as long as you make more than minimum wage you are fine. But I was curious if they had an actual "line requirement" for VR. ...

Minimum Line Requirements 150 LPH?
Nov 22, 2013

For the sake of clarification, is the minimum line requirements really 150 LPH for all MTs on all accounts?  I watched the recorded presentation this morning and am not really liking what I see.   What happens if you don't make the 150 LPH???  Probation???  Firing??  Insurance was EXPENSIVE.  Also, looking at the posts, does the "clock" we use track our keystrokes to see when we are working or how does that work??? ...

Saince Line Requirements And QA
Jun 18, 2014

Anyone know how many lph or minutes you are required to do? Also how is their QA? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Now Different Line Requirements For SR Reports Vs Transcription
May 27, 2010

Spheris minimum line count was 127.5 lines per hour, and after taken over by Medquist, they had a meeting. They said this was nothing to do with Medquist's higher line requirement, but they said if we do only SR work, then we have to do 192 lines per hour. Straight transcription is still 127.5 lines an hour. They do pay less for SR lines than transcription, but still as long as we got our line counts in during our shift, they were happy. How do we keep straight our line count for SR and TR ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

What Are The Number Of Hour/line Requirements For FT Benefits? NM
Sep 09, 2010

X ...

Part-time Line Requirements And Pay Scale
Apr 22, 2012

Could someone tell me what the line requirements are for part time at M Modal?  Or is it just hour requirements, etc.?  Also, what is the pay scale there?  Just weighing my options. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...