A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription Service - Dinky

Posted: May 22, 2015

Does anyone know of a fair paying transcription service hiring now?  I find myself going from one company to another working so many hours for so little pay.  Unfortunate we have moved so far away from treating transcriptionists with respect and giving them dignity when we slave over these reports and get less than minimum wage sometimes.

Transcription - service

[ In Reply To ..]
If there was a company like that, I would have found it by now! No such animal ...

I second that. I have been at this for 20 years and agree there is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
no such animal

Transcription Service - Dinky

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I will have to keep looking or switch careers.

Here's a List of Companies - justright

[ In Reply To ..]
A mix of GT, MT, and LT. Hopes this helps. Don't let the requirements stop you from applying.

Thanks justright - Dinky

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, I will look into these. I have been doing this for over 30 years and back in the day the money was almost four times what they are paying now.

This List - Is SO outdated

[ In Reply To ..]
I would guesstimate that at least 75% of them do not even exist anymore.

Yes, it is outdated, but still a starting - justright

[ In Reply To ..]
Point for anyone who wants to stay in transcription, not necessarily medical transcription. A year ago, I used that list to start my journey out of MT. I now work for myself 80% (GT) of the time and the other 10% is still in MT, which I will probably be leaving completely in 3 months if not sooner. I'm happier, my bills are getting paid, and I'm making what I feel I'm worth. That list shows a small portion of opportunity that is available outside of MT work. There are other ways to find transcription work, just start thinking outside the box, and you'll be surprised where that will lead you. Or you can continue to do what you're doing and getting the same results.

See how many of those are out of date, out of business, etc - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Medquist is on that list, must be old. Medquist - is what MModal used to be. n.m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Stop Chasing MTSOs - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be a lot easier to stick with one MTSO and also look for another job/career path, than to bounce around with MTSO companies with false hope.

I'm 60 years old, and left MT at 57 years old, so I chose another job path, not a whole new career. I did the MT thing, but was also looking for another job that was non-MT related.

If you do find a decent MTSO, trust me, it won't last long. I left "one of the biggies" back in 2009, went with a "nice" national company, only to be bought out by the biggie I had finally left. That was it for me.

I think it's way too much stress to test, interview, learn a new platform, specs, etc., than to just stay where you are and either deal with it, or work on getting out.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can run but you can't hide.

stop chasing mtso - Dinky

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree and at 59, that's where I am headed to another career path, it's just working at home has been better for me and I don't want to lose that but transcription is just not paying the bills.

From Stop Chasing... - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
When you say "career," do you mean something heavy duty like training for something else or going back to school for a credential and/or degree? Or do you mean you just want a job?

I chose to just take a job in a small office answering phones and doing a few other clerical things. My challenge was finding a place where you don't have to have proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Quickbooks, etc., but I plugged away and found one, and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck to all who are trying to get out of this biz. It won't just HAPPEN, you have to MAKE IT happen. I probably was miserable my last 5 years out of the 15 I was in MT, and kept waiting for something to happen. I finally took charge, started answering ads in the newspaper and sending out resumes, going door-to-door filling out applications, and finally something hit. I would definitely prefer to be working from home, but I couldn't find anything, so I had to hit the pavement.

So, good luck to all. Go for it!

You're lucky you found an office job that doesn't - require Excel, QuickBooks, etc. (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
So far I've been able to find very few jobs that didn't require those skills. The problem there was that most of them were either city or county jobs, or else school district jobs, and the competition for them is ferocious. They all require rigorous testing, and on test day you walk into the auditorium where the test is held, and there are 300 other people - most of they far younger - all applying for that one job. It's daunting, to say the least!

Even when I tried a step down from office work, and tried to find a receptionist job, most of them required the above knowledge, and often wanted the applicant to be proficient enough at PowerPoint to be able to produce slick, professional-looking ads and brochures. Others wanted applicants to have a college degree.

With all that in mind, I started going back to school a couple years ago to get up-to-date on Microsoft Office programs. I started out with Word 2010, as at home I'd been running Word 2003. I enjoyed the class, and it was going well. But it was a full semester long! This was only a prerequisite for what I wanted to learn later, and at that rate I was going to be well past retirement age when I finally got through all those classes, and by then most offices would probably be running the 2013 or beyond systems.

To top it off, at the end of the semester there was some kind of a glitch in the grading system, and suddenly they were telling me I hadn't passed, and wasn't going to get a certificate. I was like, "Whaaaat?!?!" After a lot of wrangling, I finally got it straightened out and got my certificate, but guess what? Since it took them so long to get me my credential for that class, it was too late for me to be able to enroll in Part 2 of MS Word 2010 that summer. I was going to have to wait until fall to enroll, and of course by then, I'd likely have forgotten everything I'd learned in Part I.

So obviously going to school wasn't going to be the answer, especially at my age, because even if I had all those courses under my belt, there was still the age-discrimination hurdle to get over.

So, I give up. I'm just biding my time and treading water until I can finally start collecting social security.
free lessons - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You can get free lessons for office programs and a bunch of other stuff at GCF LearnFree. Link below.
From Stop Chasing... - To You and Dinky and All
[ In Reply To ..]
I had taken a course in Excel at our local community center. It was great to learn that, but trouble is---if you don't work with it right away after taking the class, you aren't proficient at it. It can be a Catch 22.

I was indeed lucky to find a job without needing those requirements, but it wasn't all luck. I really looked very hard and left no stone unturned.

As to office politics, it's just a 3-person office, and all 3 of us are nice people. Works out just fine. I had tried a couple of bigger offices with a bunch of OB's (office b*tches), and I quit those jobs. I have no energy for that crud at my ripe old age of 60.
You do not need to take a college class!!!!! - It is all free on the internet
[ In Reply To ..]
All that software is very easy to use, including Excel and PowerPoint. There are books explaining it and innumerable FREE online resources.

If you WANT to do it, you CAN do it.

Thirty years ago, computers were a big, scary deal. They aren't anymore. When "computer fear" is pointless, unnecessary, and keeping you from a better job, isn't it time to change your thinking?
No "computer fear" here. I can and do learn - anything that interests me. S-M
[ In Reply To ..]
But I'm past the point where I can look at some of the "rewards" (i.e., certificates, jobs, etc.) as being worth the money and/or effort expended to attain them. If something is not going to be worth my while to do, I don't waste my time and money. I forgot to mention above that I wasn't going to college for computer courses. If 3 solid years of going to classes to learn something isn't going to necessarily pay off in a job, especially if said job only pays $9-12/hour, and is an hour commute away, the cost to benefit ratio on it is too high for me.

That may not be applicable to everyone on this board, and most likely is just me. At 65 don't have unlimited funds nor energy, so I use each wisely. I've been unemployed for almost 2 years, and as each month passes I'm less interested in trying to jump back into the rat race, or in taking part in the disappointing and ego-crushing activity of job application-and-rejection.
stop chasing mtso - Dinky
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't want to go back to school and I don't want to sit in an office from 9 to 5...I have tied that and I hate the office politics.

I will definitely have to make a decision soon because this is just not working and like you said I have to make it happen. Thanks

Similar Messages:

WBG Transcription Service...Anyone Know Anything About Them?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

DTS Transcription Service
Mar 03, 2010

I was sent a link to test for this company and was absolutely floored!  I did the application form portion of the test and then was directed to the screening process, which was a series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions (10 minutes it took to complete).  After completing that I thought I would be directed to the transcription portion of the test, but no - I was directed to another series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions totalling about 30 mi ...

Ace Transcription Service
Apr 12, 2010

Has anyone had any experience with Ace Transction out of Dallas, Texas.  There ad states work own hours from home.  ...

Best On-Line Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2009

I have worked for Spheris and MedQuist in the past (5 years ago).  Do these companies still provide computers to their new hires. What else is out there now. Any new or better companies to transcribe for  ...

STAT Transcription Service
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone ever heard of them?  I did an archive search and couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance! ...

Integrity Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2010

Any info on Integrity Transcription Services.  ...

Transcription Technology And Service
Jun 06, 2011

Is this a legit company? ...

Metro Transcription Service
Jul 18, 2013

Has anyone any information on Metro Transcription Service?  I have searched but not finding anything.  They are out of New Jersey.  Thank you. ...

Which Transcription Service Should I Work For?
Dec 05, 2013

The hospital I worked for recently outsourced their transcription department to Nuance.  Because of their extremely high insurance rates, I decided not to go with them and am therefore unemployed.  I have over 20 years of experience transcribing all specialties except pathology and my strong suit is radiology.  Any advice anyone can give as to which transcription service I should look into would be greatly appreciated.  I am looking to become an employee not an independent co ...

Quick Transcription Service
Mar 29, 2014

One of over 40 services I applied and sent resumes to in my miserable search for a service that actually has work.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are asking me to test because they pay a whopping $20 per audio hour (which by my crude calculation would end up being about $6 per audio hour).  And apparently they pay through Paypal.  How's that for professional?  This company is in NYC and apparently intent on preying on the continually rising numbers of MTs out th ...

E-MedScribe Transcription Service
Oct 06, 2014

I am looking for information on e-MedScribe Transcription Service out of Houston, TX.  I tried to do a search for this company but I could not find anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.   ...

How To Start A Medical Transcription Service
Mar 12, 2010

I have been a MT for about 6 years now and would like more information on how to start my own medical transcription service for clinics (not hospitals).  Tried find a book on it but could not find any information or even a legitimate website on where to start with doing this.  I have been an independent contractor for 6 years but now would like to venture into business and get my own physician accounts and actually hire other MTs to work for me.  Anyone that has done this that can ...

Medical Transcription Service Organization
Mar 13, 2010

I'm looking for a Medical Transcription Service Organization (MTSO) for my company to use in order to improve the quality of service that my medical transcription business provides to its clients and to help me comply with the HIPPA laws.  I see some VERY expensive services out there; but are there any inexpensive ones that would help a small company like ours? ...

Transcription Service That Supplies Computer
May 22, 2010

Does anyone know of a transcription service that supplies the computer like MQ?  I need a new job.  I am making half as much as I was 2 years ago at MQ due to ASR and pay cut ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

CMC Medical Transcription Service In Seattle?
Oct 11, 2010

Anyone with a bit more detailed information/experience with this company?   Thank you for any help in advance! ...

Anyone Work At TTS (Transcription, Technology & Service)?
Dec 09, 2011

Wanting to know if anyone is familiar with this company, good or bad.  ...

If Starting A Small Transcription Service, What Is The Best...sm...
Dec 08, 2011

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Medical Transcription Service Who Pays More Than 8 Cpl
Jul 05, 2012

Looking for a medical transcription service who pays more than 8 cpl.  Who pays the best? And is a good company to work for. ...

Any Info On Ascend Transcription Service?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anyone have info on Ascend?  Looking if the offshore transcription and if they treat their MT's decent with decent wages?  Thanks! ...

Global Transcription Service/Australia
Sep 04, 2014

Has anyone applied to this company out of Australia and tested for a position with them, then been offered employment?  I notice that although you would be working as an IC they aren't requiring you to fill out a W-9.  ...

Anyone Have Info On Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

I received an email from Sheila and Mesheal from Midwest Transcription Service.  I just want to make sure they are legit.  I am not sure if they are in WI because I looked them up, and I think that company has a different owner.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. ...

Does Anyone Work For (or Worked For)PRN Transcription Service Out Of Ohio? I See They Have An Ad S/m
Oct 25, 2009

on the Job Board and am wondering if anyone has or does work for them and how they are to work for?  What platform do they use?  Is is difficult to learn or get your lines in?  I see they are looking for IC status and 8 to 10 cents per line.  Do they want a set schedule?  any info would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Wanted: Nonprofit Christian Transcription Service
Dec 12, 2012

Transcription used to serve nonprofit hospitals and quality patient care was the focus. Does anybody know of a nonprofit Christian transcription company that exists anywhere? Thanks. ...

TASP - Most Reliable Transcription Service Provider Out There?
Jul 08, 2013

Can anyone tell me the most reliable transcription service provider out there? There are many to choose from. I want to lean away from phone in trancriptions and lean more towards microphone use. I would also like one that is user friendly, has few and far between breakdown issues and offers line counts. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of/worked For Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Sep 17, 2014

I did not find anything in the archives, so not sure if that is good or bad. ...

Any Current Infor Regarding Digital Transcription Service In Oklahoma?
Sep 27, 2010

I found some older stuff.  Just wonder if there is anything more recent. ...

Hospital Transcription Supervisor Has Outside Service Hire Her Daughter In Law And Then
Dec 27, 2010

xx ...

Davis Medical Transcription Service Of Central Valley, CA???......psm
Oct 05, 2011

This company is advertising MT position on MTDaily, yet I cannot find this company in archives, or even by googling.  And this is stated in Central Valley, CA, not Pennsylvania, I did go to the archives and search......?? TIA!! ...