A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech raising quotas for next year - Old and Tired MT

Posted: Dec 08, 2010

Got an email this afternoon stating the quotas are going up for both FT and PT for the new year.  Sure wish the pay would do the same.  They keep putting more work on VR so even when I do the same amount of work, my paycheck continues to shrink.

Transtech quotas for 2011 - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was surprised by how much of an increase there is going to be in the line count for 2011. VR is advancing, but I have noticed that lately it has had a lot more errors, and I am spending more time correcting those and it has slowed down my time. Unless you make this line count you will not have health coverage. This line count is the highest of any company I have worked for. I hope this works out for everyone though, because I really like the company.

If one cannot do VR at the required 187.5 lph - One has a problem

[ In Reply To ..]
If someone doing VR can't get more than 187.5 lph (most MTs get more than this straight typing, BTW), then that person should really be practicing their shortcuts, etc., to pick up their production. I average 350-400 lph but I use all available shortcuts and am completely focused.

Seriously, if you can't make that REALLY low 187.5 lph, talk to your account manager for tips on increasing productivity.

I can type faster than I can do VR - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem is, there is hardly any regular transcription left. I agree that the VR is making more and more mistakes and it takes a lot longer to correct now.
My point is 187.5 lph is not unreasonable nor out of reach - Again I would ask manager for tips
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, I would pursue learning every shortcut possible because 187.5 lph is most definitely not unreasonable (in fact, it's quite low, some places require 250 lph) for your own benefit to learn any possible shortcuts for corrections, etc. The more proficient you become, the more $$$ in your pocket.

Clarification - The 187.5 per hour is for mixed VR and traditional. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And the traditional work is usually done by the dictators who are very difficult to understand. Getting those reports is like slamming into a wall.

The frustration and aggravation that comes with the increased requirements is because, when you boil it down, we're being told to work faster and increase our production. For our trouble, there will be no increase in pay other than the increased lines. And I'll STILL be making way less than I did when everything was traditional.

Bah humbug. Just another slamming reminder that we never get raises in this industry.

Oh, and, "Thank you for all your hard work. You guys are the best little robots in the world!"

Most companies require 230 LPH on VR. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Thank you, and some companies are even a bit higher - 187.5 NOT unreasonable nor unattainable
[ In Reply To ..]
It's not like TT jumped the shark by all of a sudden requiring 250 lph. It's a minimal increase that's still, in most cases, quite a bit below industry standards for VR requirements.
My company requires 350/LPH editing, so hard to sympathize - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
TransTech raising line quota, but NOT line pay - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If there any old-timers left with TT, you know that we were told that there is ONLY 35% ESL's, too. What a joke!

Maybe other MTSO's don't have the high percentage of ESL's that TT has acquired with their accounts! Ever think about that?

One should be careful judging others .... - just sayin ...

[ In Reply To ..]
sometimes it does not matter what shortcuts you use, especially with VR.

The account, the specs, the audio quality, the dictator quality, all affect production greatly. How many .."can you move this ..." .. "pull in the standard ..." really affect production.

I have some dictators on my accounts on VR that I barely can do 125 lph; a few I do over 300 but they are few and far between.

I can do 350-400 straight MT, so I am not slow and use expansions, keyboard commands, etc.

It is just a pet peeve of mine to people judging people as in "one has a problem." I really hope your job and accounts stay the same so you can continue what you are doing. Many have been there doing what you do, and now just can't anymore based on things beyond their control.

Have a great day!
I agree with what you said - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I should have revised what I said in my note, considering that there are some people that feel they know that you should be doing better, more lines with VR, learning more shortcuts, et cetera. I have over 35 years experience in this field, and I have been doing VR for quite a few years. It is not always the shortcuts and all the other things we should do to make a better line count. With VR, as was mentioned by a few MTs here, if you have lousy doctors, an account that is more difficult, or are spending time trying to correct mistakes by doctors, no names given or wrong MR numbers, then your line counts are not always going to be great. I think it takes more time, more effort and working longer hours to achieve what we used to. I also agree with one MT who said they could type a report faster than editing it, and I agree. So, please don't be harsh in judging others. Thanks!
Exactly! - TTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate the way TT's emails lump us in all ONE, also. Why don't their emails target the MT who they are pointing out the mistake to? Irritating!

Also, TT wants the MT to be perfect, but don't want to put any energy into training the docs as to how to enter their ID, patient MR #, patient name, date, correct type of report (always invalid type of report). We make LESS and LESS due to the MTSO not wanting to approach the docs who are not entering demo info as they should so that the MT can just go down to the body of the report and BEGIN making money. Money LOST in filling out demos, where that is the dictator's part. These are the things that keep the MT from making more money on VR! Don't tell me that I'm not a fast/accurate VR editor and transcriptionist! TRAIN the dictators! So the MT can make the INCREASED QUOTA!
train them to enunciate (nm) - a TT commodity
[ In Reply To ..]
please
It's the CLIENT'S responsibility to let the docs know - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when they are doing something wrong, i.e. putting in wrong ID numbers, etc. Please tell me how the MTSO is supposed to "train" the doc? Some of you are pretty dense if you don't know how the system works. You expect the MTSO to train the docs, make the docs dictate when there is no work available, give you a cush job with plenty of money and benefits, let you alter your schedule to YOUR liking and not the need of the MTSO and then have the nerve to complain when you make a mistake and QA brings it to your attention. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you don't like this "profession" any longer get out. Do the best you can do every day and don't be a slacker or whiner. If the grass is greener on the other side please hop the fence so a real "professional" can take your place.
it's the MTSOs' job to tell the client - a TT commodity
[ In Reply To ..]
so the client can tell the docs. Is that happening? Doubt it. I think most MTs really want to do a good job and not have blanks that are not their fault but stem from bad dictation. We are not sitting around eating bon-bons.
I'm getting into trouble for the doc's mistakes - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am now getting dinged for mistakes that I feel are not mine because the docs are making mistakes entering the ID#, name, date, correct type of report. I have tried to correct so many of these lately it is horrible. I have been told I put the wrong year in the report and that the client is complaining about it. I always check to see in the body of the report that I do that correctly, but if the doctor tells me it is 12/08/2008, I type that. How do I know that it is 2010!!!! Also explaining this to QA is a nightmare, and I got a curt note today that I was in error about sending a question to 1 person instead of routing it to the proper dept. I apologized for that too. A QA person even counted out the blanks and told me that she did fine with them, why couldn't I, and this was a foreign doctor who no one can understand. I can't research every piece of work I do all the time because it takes 10 or 15 minutes to correct their mistakes. I hope I am not the only one that is getting flack about this, because I ended up in tears this evening over this entire problem.
nice, too, if they'd raise the pay. Bonuses? Or how about... - pl
[ In Reply To ..]
...not pulling the insurance crap at the same time? Did anyone read the fine print about the insurance change? It now costs $250 to go to the emergency room. Chances are, if "one" goes to the emergency room when "one" has insurance, it's not because "one" has a cold, but because one has, say, an emergency. So add insult to injury by paying $250?! How about now paying $80 per prescription for non-preferred meds? As anyone with any chronic health problem knows, some non-preferred meds simply work 100% better than the preferred ones. To sum it up: We now will be working more hours for the same pay, paying higher expenses. That's why THIS "one" is a little peeved.

TT and raised quota - TT and speech/VR

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel there are a couple of reasons that the speech machine reports are getting worse is:
1. Due to TT's continuous hiring of new MT's every day/week and sticking them on whatever accounts with NO experience whatsoever.
2. The new MT's obviously do not read accounts specifics; thereby, messing up the VR reports that we had just about perfected, thus worse reports.
3. Each week new VR dictators -- AFTER we have trained the speech machine -- then more dictators are ADDED to VR. Ever changing dictators and teaching the speech machine! UGH !!!!

EQUALS slowing down the MT/editor and making LESS money! Humbug!

yeah, happy new year everyone - nm - a TT commodity

[ In Reply To ..]
We are just automatons who are not supposed to ask for raises but are supposed to work harder. This is BS of the highest order.

TT commodity - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
While I agree with what you say, I also feel that you/I/we do not have to stay stuck. I am getting out as soon as I can. My motto in life is IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, CHANGE IT, and I am.

Similar Messages:

What Are YOUR Full-Time Quotas?
Mar 04, 2012

Hey!  Fellow MT/MEs, I am wondering if any of you could drop a post into this thread telling me what your company/employer is imposing on you as far as transcribing and editing quotas, daily, weekly, either way.  Where I work, we just switched 5 months ago to Nuance's eScription VR platform, so now we do both transcribing and editing.  We actually have a union "representing" us and when this new technology was implemented, we went to the table (I had the pleasure of being a ...

Transcend Full Time Status Quotas
Apr 27, 2011

I'm a newbie at Transcend and find I like it more than expected based on board comments.  I am also new to VR - and also find that I like that too!  My question is this, for any long-time Transcenders...I am nowhere near making the minimum $$ amount required for full-time status, which I was hired at.  What happens after the 90 day trial period -   Do you think I would be let go??  I would like to just be considered part-time at that point.  ...

I WAS So Proud Of Those Raising Their Voices BUT NOW
Apr 23, 2012

I have edited this message to just let each of you read what was posted and feel proud or disappointed in the responses. ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

Raising/racing/razing Of Quadriceps Muscle?
Nov 12, 2009

I can hardly understand this ortho resident.  Hx:  Morbidly obese patient with severe osteo in both knees, failed steroid inj, next step Supartz.  He is examining her legs and says that range of movement is restricted due to pain.  He then goes on to say There is (s/l raising/racing/razing) of quadriceps muscle seen.  She does have tenderness in her knees in both medial and patellofemoral joint lines.  Any ideas?  I'm ready to buy this doc a plane ticket ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Sounds Like "MIZ's May Be Raising His Bp"
Jan 15, 2012

Doc dictates: "Will refill losartan and hydrochlorothiazide as 100/25 #90 and a refill. Will give allopurinol 100 mg 1 a day for a month and then 1 twice per day #180 and a refill; gemfibrozil 600 mg b.i.d. #180 and a refill; clonazepam 1/2 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. #135 and a refill; Indocin 25 mg 1 three times per day as needed for gout #45 and a refill. I told him how MIZ's may be raising his blood pressure." Any idea what MIZ may be? I thought maybe it was a category of dru ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...

With The New Year Need To Think About
Jan 01, 2013

I spent the morning reflecting and trying to figure out what to do and where this profession/company is heading.  In doing web searches found that MModal is opening up yet another center in Mysore, India and hoping to employee 500 employees.  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is indeed cheaper to employee Indians than US based employees after all the perks the Indians get like healthcare for the whole family including parents until they are 80, gym, free transportation, the cost ...

Is It Possible An 85 Year Could Have A
Mar 14, 2013

I had always thought pack year meant the number of years someone has been smoking.  ...

Just One More Year (hopefully)
Aug 17, 2013

My daughter will be driving and I can leave transcription/editing !   I just hope there is enough work to last that year.  I love working at home.  I've worked with some mean office women before who are backstabbing and downright evil, but at least I had security in my paycheck and paying my bills.  This job has been great as far as being home with my daughter when she gets out of school and being home when she is sick, but now she is older and when she starts drivi ...

Here's To The New Year -- More BS
Dec 30, 2013

Besides issues with a company that seems to have workflow problems and therefore tells the independent contractors to not work on their scheduled days because the work is low or on another day is sending e-mails that there is extra work and everyone needs to hustle , there is now a notice that there will be an adjustment in line rates.  Of note, this company does not pay the highest line rates to start with. They want a schedule and we're expected to be available AND must produce a min ...

New Year
Jan 01, 2014

Is today a Nuance holiday? ...

My Last Year With MM
Jan 24, 2014

I'm only staying this year for the insurance.  I'm pretty sure they won't be able to offer it so cheap next year. Then I'll be free to do whatever I want. ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

2-year-old With Vertigo
Dec 30, 2009

this is on a little boy, 2-year-old, with vertigo, otolaryngology note.  He has fluid on the ear so they have scheduled surgery. After surgery, if his symptoms do persist, we may want to obtain an MRI and s/l "dem or even them" _____ test in the future.   thanks for any help!   ...

Happy New Year To Everyone! Nm
Dec 31, 2009

x ...

Happy New Year?
Dec 31, 2009

Just now got notification (New Years Eve) that there will be a new service area South right after the first of the year (figures, right?)  I know this happened to the North region about a month ago.  We will have a new DQS log-in and have to move our expansions over.  Can anyone from the North let me know what this means?  Will we still be doing our regular book of business?  Is it time to look for another job?  ...

EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I'M A 4-YEAR-OLD
Jan 09, 2010

I'm exceedingly confused.  What I understood by reading the sites, kindly posted by our moderator and others, we will be contacted.  By whom?  Is MQ a participant because they are in one of the states listed? (Ohio).  If my state (Arizona) is not one of the states listed does that mean I'm not eligible for the benefits?   Not trying to be obtuse--I definitely need SOMEthing to happen, since I'm making less than half of what I was before QA was eliminated ...

Name Of A Pulse Taken On A 1 Year Old
Mar 06, 2010

Doc states in PE: Temp 97.9, s/l annex pulse 115 and regular. pt is a 1 year old female. ...

Would You Cap 70-year-old Veteran?
Mar 23, 2010

Thanks! ...

One Year At WMX, And Wondering
May 11, 2010

if there is some sort of yearly review? Last quality check I had was back in the fall. Will be writing to my STM, but just wanted to get a feel for the process--if there is one--and couldn't find anything about it. TIA. ...

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Dec 31, 2010

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Hopefully 2011 will be better to me than 2010 was. I got laid off from WMX in 2010. :(  Still looking for QA work and it's tough with two little girls but I'm getting by with unemployment and child support. I hope everyone has a GREAT New Year!!!!!!!!!!! :))) ...