A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Raising/racing/razing of quadriceps muscle? - Viking #1 Fan

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

I can hardly understand this ortho resident. 

Hx:  Morbidly obese patient with severe osteo in both knees, failed steroid inj, next step Supartz.  He is examining her legs and says that range of movement is restricted due to pain.  He then goes on to say There is (s/l raising/racing/razing) of quadriceps muscle seen.  She does have tenderness in her knees in both medial and patellofemoral joint lines. 

Any ideas?  I'm ready to buy this doc a plane ticket and ship him back to wherever he came from. 

Thanks so much in advance!

well, since you think you're hearing raising the only thing I can think of is, sm - fg

[ In Reply To ..]
is he is talking about straight leg raising, but that sure is a weird way to say it (just a thought, you never know about these idiots).

Raising - I am in so much pain I could die

[ In Reply To ..]
No, not SLR. This doc is a strange one. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

I was only inferring the raising from SLR, not the whole thing - fg

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Raising - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
I do believe he would be saying "raising" of quadriceps muscle. This means that the quadriceps muscle is bulkier on one side as compared to the other, which may be caused by muscle tightness, swelling, spasm, etc.
Hope this helps!

Raising - Viking Fan

[ In Reply To ..]
It does help. Thank you. I still want to buy him that ticket home, though. Ha ha.

Similar Messages:

My Racing Mind Just Got
Mar 22, 2012

Funny while editing SR, the "other side" of the brain wanders.  Just came up with a T-shirt idea in the form of D: dictated/T: typed by speech rec. Speech Recognition D: Speech "wreck" wrecks MT's lives. T:  Spit wreck rex empty wives. LOL. ...

Looking For Opinions! Should "muscle Relaxers" Always Be Changed To "muscle Relaxant
Jun 17, 2010

That was the entire question!  Thanks!!! ...

Quad Leg Or Quadriceps Leg?
Sep 22, 2013

I keep hearing "quad leg" and thought I should be typing out the entire word, quadriceps leg; however, as I look this up online, it seems "quad" is acceptable.  Is this true?   Thank you, ak ...

She Has About A 4-/5 On The Extensor, Magnus, And For The Quadriceps On Her Right Side. Does This M
Aug 26, 2013

This dictator is so bad.  Any help appreciated.  ...

I WAS So Proud Of Those Raising Their Voices BUT NOW
Apr 23, 2012

I have edited this message to just let each of you read what was posted and feel proud or disappointed in the responses. ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

TransTech Raising Quotas For Next Year
Dec 08, 2010

Got an email this afternoon stating the quotas are going up for both FT and PT for the new year.  Sure wish the pay would do the same.  They keep putting more work on VR so even when I do the same amount of work, my paycheck continues to shrink. ...

Quadriceps Tear Repair: A S/l Montesuna Incision Was Made. The Subcutaneous Tissue Was Dissected Sh
Oct 12, 2009

Quadriceps tear repair:;   A s/l Montesuna incision was made??    The subcutaneous tissue was dissected sharply to the patella fascia...  ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

Muscle Or Ligament
Jan 18, 2010

pain in the s/l disorius embi cyftum- a muscle or ligament. ...

Muscle Rents?
Sep 26, 2012

Doc says patient has "no obvious s/l rents or deficits in muscle ability."  Does that make sense?   ...

Scalenaticus Muscle
Oct 24, 2012

I can't find s/l scalenaticus muscle related to a thoracic outlet syndrome, anywhere.  Anyone know it?   ...

Maybe A Muscle/skin Word
Dec 06, 2012

Abdominal exam reveals a lot of s/l scuria from pregnancy. It is definitely not hernia or scars - any ideas?  Thanks! ...

One More... Pertalis Muscle? Please See Message
Sep 05, 2014

The patient has a growing lipoma of his left upper eyebrow. On examination, his s/l pertalis muscle is intact. TIA. ...

Peenya Or Pinya Muscle Stimulator
Oct 27, 2009

This infant has colon/rectal problems, used this Pingya/Peenya device for neuromuscular stimulation.  I have checked EVERYWHERE!!  Any suggestions?? ...

How Do You Type ... Grade 1 To 2 Or 1-2 Muscle Tear?
Nov 23, 2009

grade 1 to 2 or 1-2 muscle tear? tia. There is a focal hemorrhage in the central portion of the distal rectus femoris, consistent with the grade 1-2 muscle tear.   ...

S/l Extensory Storm Brevis Muscle
Mar 29, 2010

the diagnosis is strain of the s/l extensory storm brevis muscle. tia. ...

Lumbar Pain/DDD/muscle Weakness
Sep 10, 2010

I'm having some trouble with this dictation...I think it must have been late in the day for this dr...this one was didn't make sense in many places where she'd use the wrong words, not finish a thought, dictate different med doses, etc.  I've narrowed it down to 2 that I absolutely cannot get & I don't know if they are mistakes or not.  The patient is being worked up for lumber pain, DDD, muscle weakness, and a positive ANA. "The patient was having muscle ...

Test For Puborectalis Muscle..see Message Please
Mar 09, 2011

s/l forange-ithography or forange-ifography demonstrated reduced relaxation of the puborectalis muscle.   TIA ...

Pectorum (sp) Pelvic Girdle Muscle
Mar 24, 2014

It sounds like he says pectorum? but i can not find anything like that. helppp ...

Rotator Cuff Musculature Or Muscle Tear?
Oct 15, 2009

it really sounds like he says "musclulature" ...

Prescribed S/l Celendec(?) And Flexeril For Muscle Pain
Aug 18, 2010

I'm stumped on the name of this drug -- have looked it up in Google with every spelling I can think of with no luck. The patient was prescribed s/l Celendec and Flexeril for muscle pain. Thanks!!! Lauren ...

Sounds Like "MIZ's May Be Raising His Bp"
Jan 15, 2012

Doc dictates: "Will refill losartan and hydrochlorothiazide as 100/25 #90 and a refill. Will give allopurinol 100 mg 1 a day for a month and then 1 twice per day #180 and a refill; gemfibrozil 600 mg b.i.d. #180 and a refill; clonazepam 1/2 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. #135 and a refill; Indocin 25 mg 1 three times per day as needed for gout #45 and a refill. I told him how MIZ's may be raising his blood pressure." Any idea what MIZ may be? I thought maybe it was a category of dru ...

Left Psoas Muscle Down To Inferior "jerosa Estacia" Sm
Oct 28, 2010

liposarcoma inseparable from the inferior left psoas muscle tracking down to involve the inferior "gerosas estacia" and true pelvis.  ...

Self Cath To Avoid Further "ditchers" Or Muscle Damage.
Jan 24, 2012

We encouraged him to continue performing self-catheterization, as directed, to avoid further "ditchers" or muscle damage.    I can't hear strictures at all :/ ...

S/l "platiso" Muscle (tracheostomy)
Sep 15, 2012

A new dictator to me is dictating an tracheostomy.  He says, "Incision was carried down through the subcutaneous tissue and s/l platiso muscle using the Bovie." I have googled neck muscles. Maybe I'm not seeing the correct muscle group, but if someone know what this is, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.   ...