A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Testing voice files with patient information? - OLDMT

Posted: Jun 11, 2013

Anyone click on the Documed link for testing. They have voice files with patient's names and one even has date of birth, along with physician's city and state location. Doesn't this push the envelope for HIPAA regulations? Just seems wrong to me.

Documed Testing - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently tested for them and while I don't remember seeing patient information, I tested for the Ortho position that has been advertised, and the voice file was HORRIBLE!!! I tried to play it on 2 different players and had absolutely no luck -- needless to say, I got a rejection letter.

Documed testing - OLDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with the ortho file, that's the position I was considering. I opened it and it was so horrible I decided not to even waste my time. Then I clicked on the other files just to see their quality, and sure enough patient names, date of birth, etc. It sounds like actual dictation, but I'm hoping not. I would be very annoyed if it were mine name. I found it a bit humorous that the instructions says do not ask anyone for help, seriously do they think that is going to stop someone from doing that?

Documed testing - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
K - that clarified it a bit. Since they were only advertising for Ortho, that's teh file I did. I seriously thought about doing the medical transcription test, but after the quality of the ortho voice file, decided not to and I figured as well, that it would probaly get tossed out if I submitted it for an opening other than the advertised position.

OldMT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only would I be "annoyed;" I would be speaking with my legal counsel.

Yes, it's a HIPAA violation. - amazing

[ In Reply To ..]
It can be reported to the OCR here:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/

Yes, report it even if you are not sure whether it is - real dictation or not. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Synernet Testing.. Can't Get Voice Files To Play
Jun 10, 2015

One of those MTtest sites.  Called their help desk and they said a lot of people have trouble, not to worry and try this.   I tried that.  Nothing.  They said to call back and they would work it out.  I don't know if this is worth it.  The testing portions were fine, went quickly but just trying to get the transcription part up is time consuming and frustrating.  Anyone else have problems with this? ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Voice Files, Players
May 02, 2011

Hello, This is for the small MTSO or MT who serves a few clients: Which method are you using for accessing digital audio files?  If FTP. are the dictators downloading them on your website or are you accessing them from theirs?   Anyone here using one of the services for this?  If so, which one and how is the cost working out? Also was interested in info on transcribing/player software, particularly QuickScribe.  Thanks. ...

DSS And DS2 Format Voice Files.
Jun 14, 2012

Hi:  For those MTs using the above, what do you all use?   Thanks ...

DROPBOX VOICE FILES
Jan 06, 2015

I am testing for a company and not familiar with dropbox.  I have gear player and I am trying to get the voice file from dropbox to load into it but cannot.  How do I get voice files from dropbox top play.  Thanks!!! ...

Voice Files...dictation Line
Oct 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the easiest method to use for obtaining voice files. Would it be to have the doctor dictate and then upload to an FTP site? I think he was hoping for a phone line. Does anyone use a phone system in their home for the docs? If so, what is it? Thanks for any info. ...

Transferring Encrypted Voice Files
Feb 02, 2012

I transfer encrypted voice files with winzip through gmail. I am having problems getting them go through with their recent changes. Is there another HIPPA  compliant program or way to transfer these files? Thanks ...

SoftScript Voice Files Freezing
Oct 03, 2012

Anyone working at SoftScript having trouble with voice files freezing up.  Just trying to figure out if this is my PC or a global problem.  Thanks. ...

Way To Save Voice Files In EBTXT?
Jul 21, 2013

I work on eBTXT and am told there is no way for me to relisten to the audio after it goes to QA, but of course my TSM can, which gets me nowhere.  Is there a way to save the voice file to my computer?  I would of course delete any patient demographics.  I hate not being able to relisten to my reports that QA reviewed, especially since they're just guessing and changing what they want.  I haven't been able to locate anywhere on my computer where files are stored even ...

FTP - Send Digital Voice Files Safely?
Sep 05, 2012

I am looking for a way to have my docs send digital voice files safely???       ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Voice Files In Futurenet This Morning?? Nm
Apr 13, 2013

.. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Needing Info Re Testing With Dss Files
May 14, 2012

I have a test to take that is formatted in DSS.  I tried to open it via express scribe, but it said I had to upgrade online and buy it.  Does anyone know of a free player that plays these? ...

Where To Find Patient's Old Files
Jul 28, 2014

We used to use Ctrl + F5 [I believe -- it has been so long, I am not certain] to get to the old records.  We would be able to search by the patient's name and MRN.   Nowadays we can use CTRL + O, then ALT + P to get to some of the patient's old files, but many times none are listed, even though the patient has been to the hospital/clinic before.   Will someone please instruct me as to what keystrokes I need to do to get to the old files?  Thanks for any help ...

Finished Testing For A Place Patient First
May 04, 2014

How long does it usually take to hear back?   ...

Transcribing Active Files "testing" ???
Aug 31, 2014

Got offer to "test" with 3 companies lately from jobs posted on this site. Transcribed 5 fairly long reports each time. One answered that I did a "great job," but job has been placed "on hold" until a later time...that was 2-3 months ago. Listing was company, "CH." They had another post lately, last week I think, different field/area of practice though, from the ones I typed. Wasted about 1 1/2 hours, including multiple choice, foot pedal didn't work so did reports by hand. Second time, ...

Patient Has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. *Sensory Sensoma* Testing Shows *2/3* In All Digits? Thanx. Nm
Jan 13, 2012

nm ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...