A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Relentless, frequent, nitpicky QA audits. sm - Anon

Posted: Mar 24, 2015

Anybody at TTS been getting frequent nitpicky QA audits.  I have never been scrutinized so often as lately.  It is getting old.

TTS Audits - Rastus

[ In Reply To ..]
YES, yes, and YES. They have a newer QA system and I am not in agreement with what they consider "critical errors." I have never worked for such a company in my 25 years of being a transcriptionist. I am SO SO discouraged about all of this responsibility for such little pay - today was an awful day with poor sound quality, cell phones, and worse than usual drafts. I truly feel like just walking over to Wal-Mart and applying and working in lawn and garden for this season to see happy people!! All we can do is our best, but that is never enough. When we made a decent salary I could handle the constant pressure for perfection. I no longer can handle it as well.

So Over This Place - Nunya

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing transcription for 10+ years from home and I have never had a problem until I started with this company. It has been a headache since day 1. I am so fed up. No wonder there have been job listings constantly for the past 5 months I have been working for them. I don't trust completely the amount of crap they have on my computer that seems to be monitoring me either. I am so stressed and this job isn't worth that.

TTS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I left after only 3 months because of the QA "critical" errors. I had a QA that said I was great, then all of a sudden I had another one giving me tons of critical errors and I got kicked off an account. I have been a transcription is it for 15 years and never felt so beat down.
Same experience - lisam
[ In Reply To ..]
Except everything was fine for 3 months, then it was not; suddenly started getting all these emails about critical errors. I stayed for 3 more months then quit. The last 2 months were horrible and stressful, felt like I had 1 foot out the door. My current job all 9 months in, all audits about 99%.

Wholeheartedly agree. The audits made me crazy..sm - Leave Me Alone

[ In Reply To ..]
The whole outfit made me crazy, from the day they asked what accents I liked the least (Hispanic) and I was put on an account in El Paso! The day I put in my notice, I felt like throwing a party. For somewhere around 3 cents a line VR, it was simply not worth the stress and hassle. I was forewarned about this company, but decided to take a chance. WRONG!

I can tell you the mechanized QA - Is Straight from Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Because TTS subcontracts from Nuance. The new QA system is entirely Nuance and I know, because I quit them in early 2013 after they took over WebmedX. And why, why, why so much QA anymore? The production bonuses have been taken away, the incentives for having high QA scores are gone. There is absolutely no incentive for any MT, MLS or whatever we're called these days to go above and beyond the call of duty. I don't care if the reports are backed up either, and I don't give a rats behind on weekends when they are calling and begging for help. Call your International Labor Partners. That's my suggestion for them. Don't bother me on my days off, I'm working my scheduled hours just to get a paycheck and that's the bottom line.

Straight from Nuance, I believe you are correct! - Smitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just interviewed by TTS and was told by a previous Nuance Recruiter (who now works for TTS) that they do some of Nuance's work. I really wonder if she has really left Nuance or is just a forerunner to what is to come for TTS.

Read lately about the new QAing but hope - they do not look my way

[ In Reply To ..]
Having worked there for over 7 years have not been bothered by much in the way of QA but, got email about the new way and been holding my breath about this. Someone posted above asked about what dialect you like best, never asked that. As far as run in the ground about QA, it can happen but has never happened here and hope it continues just as is. The work is just too demanding and hard, we do our bottom best and don't need breathing down our necks. I feel they should start at the root of the problem, how about how the dictators? No one says anything to them. They can mush mouth all they want and we are required to be almost 100% accurate in trying to figure things out. Talk about unfair and it really is.
Holding my breath too. sm - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I hadn't had a QA audit in over 5 months. Previous to that all my audits were 99+. Have had 2 audits in the last 3 weeks, both a shade under 90%, so put on mandatory 15 report audit both times. I'm wondering how I suddenly became so incompetent.
That does not sound good, so many audits - and low all of a sudden
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at a place years ago and did more work than anyone there but always had horrible reviews, hated those, wish I could not ever have another. Changed hospitals and the next review and from then on just like the sun shining down on my face from above. Did you change accounts, anything new that might have changed from the 99+ audits? I dread seeing I have one. It should not be like that and I never feel like goody, I am going to have something new to apply to my job but rather gloomy day when I see the email.
TTS-MY STORY-watch your back!!! - BlackballedMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have many, many expletives for this company and none of them are good. QA is ridiculous, they totally micro manage, they are very strict about you MUST work your hours, etc. I am not going to go into my story in great detail because the TTS cheerleaders will just spin it how they want to but......

in brief, I was a loyal employee of TTS for 5 years in an admin position.

So, I give 2-weeks notice to leave for another job and there is a mix up in what TTS thinks is my last day and what I think is my last day, so I work what I think is my last day without knowing there is any problem. Next day, I get constant harassing phone calls (on what they think is my last day) about where I am, all left on my answering machine because I was gone all day.

So, I move on. This has been awhile and recently I started applying for other jobs and would either never hear back from them or started getting negative feedback from those who wanted to hire me but "had questions." I couldn't figure out what was going on, I have over 25 years experience.

So, finally I had the chance to ask someone who called me (in-hospital job) to tell me I DIDN'T get the job.

TTS HAD BLACKBALLED ME!!!! I wasn't getting jobs because TTS was feeding them some BS (which was quite serious and I will not go into it here, like poor QA scores, which I didn't even get on admin team, and other lies).

I have had an impeccable job history for 25+ years and without me knowing it TTS destroyed that because the owner is bipolar and if you tick her off she will use her power however she can.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ME REGARDING THE ABOVE, IT IS JUST PART OF MY STORY AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE CHEERLEADERS FOR TTS THINK OR HAVE TO SAY.

THE MESSAGE IS TOTALLY WATCH YOUR BACK WITH TTS WHETHER YOU ARE STILL THERE OR NOT!
Never worry about them blackballing me - just not a thought
[ In Reply To ..]
Way past retirement age so this is probably the last job I will do. If I get fired,

then would draw unemployment which have never done in my life. If I quit, oh well then. I previously worked in a hospital where the manager told a new job that I was on a lie about me, that I stole (oh this goes back years) floppy disks from the hospital when in truth I had purchased those from the company so I could copy the disks used every day, putting in headings like preop and postop and then just toggling to get from 1 to another prior to my leaving the hospital. I went back to the hospital and confronted that person, asking why did she tell that lie when not true. Guess they were trying to make it harder for me.
I am truly sorry to hear your experience, but glad someone - in an admin position shared. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish more admin type positions would come on here and share some dirt.

There has to be a few admin people here and there who are not happy with the way things go, the way they are told to treat MTs, and I really wish they'd come on here and share some things. Easy enough to be anon and keep their job, but help out some of us. Yes, I'm wishing in the wind.
I have been black-balled myself. I said for years there was - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
a blacklist of MTs for whatever reason and I was always scoffed at. I knew it was so as I was a good worker!
YEP-all I did was quit after 5 years of A+ service - blackballedMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I have moved on and they are NO LONGER on my resume once I found out what was going on-they are dead to me now-never heard of them!

I hope Nuance decides to jerk all their accounts one day (which they are known to do without notice), then they can go into the unemployment lines and ask US for a reference! I wouldn't give ANY of the admin team the time of day, they are all puppets to the owner and her unscrupulous behavior.

OF course, the owner has made so much money off of the Indians with her 3.5 cents a line or so she will just retire or sell out somehow!

TO CHEERLEADERS: Am I bitter, you bet I am! (I am trying to refrain from name calling because I don't think it is allowed here).
Cannot say why some have horrible experiences - with TTS, others not so much
[ In Reply To ..]
You and I both have seen numerous postings here and it goes on and on, never stopping. I have worked there over 7 years now and just have not run into what others describe. I am not micromanaged, do not hear from the company on a routine basis, just work and left alone. Others talk about not being able to take a bathroom break. This is strange to me because never happened. I do not worry about someone has installed anything on my computer to watch me, sounds a little paranoid. It is not I don't believe what others say but it does not happen with everyone and I am not sure why.
I hope this stays on - anonie
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope your post stays on. Mine didn't and I didn't even mention the companies involved.

Needless to say, I have had it trying to please companies and then when you need them to give you extra work because they took the best away from you years ago to give to other MTs, I had to take early retirement. Now I have lost all ways to supplement my tiny pension and SS. I was not ready to quit yet. I wanted to stay and earn a little more before I finally retired.

It is going to be hard not to do transcription as I have done it steadily since 1987.

I wish you luck and hope that they do not take off your post. I did not mention any company names, yet they did not let it stay on.

I was merely telling my sad story so some of the new ones won't waste time trying to be a loyal IC or employee for a company that really does not care one way or another. I feel I have always been black balled by one particular person in administration.

The last straw for me was that I was passed over for more work and believe me you can't get along with one account with very little work, most of it given to other MTs a long time ago and the best work with the most lines.

We will see if this stays on this time. If not, I guess I will stop coming here and posting anything anywhere. You either get flamed or made to feel inferior or that you are doing something wrong in posting the truth.

No, not mechanized QA from Nuance. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
These audits are done personally by TTS QA team.

frequent audits - maintaining

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey y'all. I'm new with the company, but have been working on a particular account for the past 3 years with no problems. However, with my first audit, I am in "danger of a failed QA." Of course I was shocked; but then I decided to go back and check/listen to the documents myself and found at least 5 discrepancies, and 1 error reversal. Today, I had a note that had 0.5 points docked, asked for a review, and I was unjustly docked 0.25 points. Moral of the story, take the time to go back and check...see for yourself and speak up for yourself.

It's ridiculous and a total wast of time! - Amy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been accused of possible serious HIPAA violations for having to take my dogs out to pee and told that anyone could have seen the report I left on my screen. I live alone. What is most irritating is the nitpicking and using corrections of things that were correct to begin with. Also the things they classify as "critical errors" are really stretching it.

These people think they can reduce our income to one third what it was 20 years ago, yet make unreal demands. This type of QA is the last straw!

Similar Messages:

Nitpicky QA
Jul 26, 2012

I don't mind VR itself, but the QA nitpicking is killing me.  Does it really matter if the document says "Patient" or "The patient?" I personally was trained and believe that "the patient" is always appropriate, and I think it's a bit ridiculous. My account is almost 100% ESL and I feel I'm doing well if I can get the major words right.  ...

Question For Any Transform MT's That Frequent This Board
Aug 17, 2010

Okay, so my account is now using VR. I am in my first day of doing a few jobs. I hope to become way faster then I've been today! What I want to know is after doing VR for a few months or so, once becoming proficient, what are your line counts? What is an average daily line count for VR on an average account? ...

Inconsistent Nitpicky QA Drives Me To Drink...
May 09, 2014

Reading Frequent Negative Posts About Keystrokes
Jun 26, 2010

I have been reading frequent negative posts about Keystrokes recently.    I had always heard positive things about Keystrokes  in the past and I was initially excited to  join them; however  I was  more glad to leave.   I  have never had any contact with upper manangement so I have no comment there.  However, I had always read such positive things about their "caring" "helping"  etc and I did not find this to be true.   I  also found much deception.   I may sound naive but I was ...

Audits/qa
Dec 03, 2009

Can somebody tell me what this audit/QA procedure is now?  I'm so confused with when they are done, how many reports are done, etc., etc.  I had been told earlier that 5 reports would be randomly pulled monthly and checked.  You would be notified you had been audited and the results.  If you passed, another 5 would be done the next month and so on.  If you didn't pass the audit, then a redo audit within 7-14 days would be done on another 5 random reports.  ...

Audits??
May 19, 2010

Does anyone else get QAs that were not turned in for a blank with percentages on them, but no audit reports stating that you have been audited? ...

TT Audits
May 10, 2011

Does anyone know how often TT does audits?  The last one I got was pretty nitpicky.  If my score goes lower, it will be probably unacceptable.  Do they fire you for that?  ...

Anyone Still Getting Qa Audits?
Jan 29, 2013

I am still getting QA audits.  One acct I am on audits once a week by contract. Wondered if anyone else is still getting QA feedback or is it quality in the dumper. ...

Audits - Huh?
Feb 04, 2015

I don't understand how auditing works.  Two of my reports were reviewed, and in each case, a word I had puit in had a line through it, but then it was replaced with the same exact word!  For that, I got marked off, getting only 99.50% or 99.75%.  I wish there was a way we could give direct feedback to the auditors at the time we're viewing our reports. ...

I Keep Going From 100% Audits To 98.7 Or 98.8
Feb 04, 2015

every week I will either get a "Congratulations, GREAT job- You are an excellent MT - I'm so glad to have you on my team! or a "Your quality is unacceptable at 98.7 (or whatever--it's always at least 98%)...you will need to take the Care Boost Quality class.  Jeesh.  What it is?  Am I a great MT or am I a failure of an MT who needs quality classes?  Make up your mind!!  Either leave me alone to do my job (yes do alert me of my mistakes, but if it's a simpl ...

Just Got Our Audits
Feb 12, 2015

Luckily, I dodged a bullet, but was reading through the auditor's comments for other MTs  - This is a 0.25 error??!!?? Really? Typed: H and H is stable.   Auditor:  H and H are stable. ...

QA Audits
Mar 18, 2015

:(   I have tried to give the QA program the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was being done fairly, rewarding us for near perfect QA scores.  I have managed to keep my QA score above 99% every week until last week.  Before last week, I normally have 8 to 11 reports pulled for audit, some short, some long.  Last week I had 1 critical, 1 major, and 2 minor mistakes which dropped me down to no bonus pay.  Not faulting anyone for that, totally my mistakes, legitimate errors.  But....once th ...

Anyone Been On PM Lately Over Audits?
Apr 03, 2015

I have only had 3 audits in 2-1/2 years. Even though I received notice of scores of 99.6 or 99.7, I did not receive any account of what my mistakes were to produce those scores. A comma? A hyphen? Not sure. They should let us know in case we keep doing it, and that could cause us to fail an audit in the future. Just think, a comma, a hyphen, Patient instead of The patient, his elbow instead of the elbow, etc. could actually cost you your job, your income, and your whole way of life. Sca ...

QC Audits I Never Knew About
Oct 14, 2009

Okay, I may be the last one to know this, but I thought the only QC audits I was getting were the ones showing up on the DQM QA Feedback screen where it says (1 unread) or (how many ever unread). When you click on them, if the report has been audited by your QC, it will have a percentage score.  But that's just for the reports you sent in with a blank. To see the ones randomly selected and audited, you have to use the QA Feedback Search feature and put in a date range. For example, I j ...

Just Wondering... Audits
Dec 02, 2009

Just wondering if a transcriptionist with too many years of experience to tell fails an audit, then how are these India MTs keeping their jobs.  Are they passing their audits?  I just have a hard time believing that they are.  ...

This Silly Audits
Apr 15, 2010

This is silly Not only do we need to follow CP guidelines but BOS and then DocQscribe standards. So even if you have the first 2, the third will get you audit.    Why can't they spend the money and create one set of rules to follow and be done with it.  We work on production now.  checking on previous dictated reports and then double checking guidelines from all three areas ??  and when you send in a blank now I am also being questioned about the audio etc.&nb ...

OMG, QA Audits Gone Horribly Bad
May 28, 2010

I got CRITICAL errors on audit for things like:  I typed "I used a translator telephone..." (that is what I heard) and the person auditing changed "a translator telephone" to "the translator telephone" (I suppose she heard "the" instead of "a"). In the physical exam portion of one report, the dictator used "was" throughout except for one time he said "is" and so I changed it to "was" to make it consistent and got a critical error for that. Please tell me how these are critica ...

Feedback, Audits, Etc
May 28, 2010

With all the recent ridiculous corrections everyone's been getting, it might be a good idea to keep a record of the name of MME/QA who reviewed the reports.  If an MME/QA is consistently abusing you/us, at least you will know who to complain about to your CCM about.  ...

How Are The QA Audits Going At TT? Who's Left?
Oct 22, 2010

Since September, they've been looking for a total of 76 MTs. Are the audits over for another month or so and how many are gone over those audits?  Any long term TTers left? I haven't seen anything posted on this board since the beginning of October. I remember when someone was sued over a post and was wondering who won that case? Is TT still a good place to work? Thanks, ...

Does Anybody Else Think That MQ Just Does Want Us To Not Pass Audits?
Oct 27, 2010

Does it seem like no matter what you do it is not good enough? Here lately it seems like they only audit the worst dictator. The only reports they have audited for me lately have been ESLs lately. Maybe that is their way of trying to get rid of me. Maybe they want to thin the herd and just send it all to India. I just hope to find something soon outside of MT. I have been looking.   ...

TT Audits And Work.
Oct 31, 2010

I'd like to say I have had to learn accounts on my own and have had to cross reference many, many times.  Yes, I have seen blanks where if someone had taken the time to hunt for the word, it would have helped me also, but for the most part with what we have to work with, I have seen words that are highly inaudible by many, many doctors with bad dictation and yet what was typed was a wonder we could make anything out of it.  I have seen no help from the hospitals themselves as ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

To The Poster Below Regarding Audits
Jan 09, 2012

I am NOT going to read all those posts, but I just wanted to let you know that you are lucky you only get audited once a month.  I get audited DAILY, at least once a day.  Today I got audited twice, one 100% the other 99.75%.  If I can remember correctly, I got dinged for typing something like "Aorta was tortuous" instead of "The aorta was tortuous".  It was for an account that has a multitude of dictators - I swear there is a new one every day and no two on a consistent basi ...

Beyond Discouraged RE QA Audits
Apr 29, 2012

I don't usually post here - guess I've reached my discouragement limit for the night! I work on a very difficult account as I'm sure many of you do as well, and I spend a great deal of time listening and re-listening to these difficult dictators to make sure I am hearing correctly.  I just checked my audits again and see that I have received another 1 point deduction on a post audit for something they heard differently that I apparently did.  It frustrates me no end that ...

What I Have Noticed Is More Audits During..
Jun 01, 2012

the months when there are 3 paydates.  This is the 3rd time its happened to me  since they changed their paydates now that they use the spheres (sorry if spelled wrong) system payroll in tennessee instead of the every 15 day pay.   ...

Who Performs The Audits? Is It The QC?
Jun 11, 2013

Or is there an "auditing department" that handles that? This 99.6 nonsense really has me on edge. Once they get SR to be at a 99% or above accuracy, that's when they can expect 99.6 out of me. ...

Audits And The Thread Below
Dec 04, 2013

I want to repeat this for those who may have missed it and I am not looking for pity.   Was moved to a new account after 4 years on 2 very difficult accounts with only 1 or 2 failed audits (and was always given a second chance).  After 24 hours on the new account and telling them there was one particulary dictator I could not hear because he kept moving away from the phone, they audited me, included reports from that dictator, and immediately put me on 100% QA at which point I finally ...

Failing Audits
Dec 09, 2013

Would someone please go over CPL lowered if we fail an audit?  I know it's already been discussed here but can't find it.  Thanks! ...

Failing Audits At M2 But
Jan 14, 2014

Fall 2013.  Just got my certificate in the mail.  Sometimes it's the only thing I feel like I am doing right.  ...

How Is Everyone Making Out With The Audits?
Jan 31, 2014

I was just wondering how everyone is making out with the new audits?  What is the process.  If you fail, then QC person audits 5 reports.  Does any one know what happens after that? ...