A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First Employees - Doxie

Posted: Mar 11, 2013

Just wondering if you could tell me what the hours are for Patient First transcription employees. I have been an IC for 20+ years and not sure I can make the transition to a strict time schedule. Thanks.

Time schedule - - ...btdt

[ In Reply To ..]
I only had to work a strict schedule the first few weeks, while I was in training and on full review. I was being paid hourly, so I had to stick to a schedule. Once off of hours and on production, I set my own schedule. We have 23 hours to get our work in, whatever time we want. Funny, I used to work the night shift (that was the only time work was available and not NJA where I was at before). Now after training, I just kept the daytime hours (mostly) and love having my afternoons and evenings to do what I want.

Thanks a lot - Doxie

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Training period at Patient First - Travel?

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it true that you have to travel to their location for on-site training?
Travel for training... - btdt
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes - I had to travel but it was only 3 days. They paid my mileage and hotel, plus hourly pay while I was in their office. Another MT I trained with came by plane and they paid that too. We had lots of paperwork to fill out and benefits to go over with other people, besides the actual initial training and some Welcome Class we took with others just starting at the company. I went home and trained with my Team Leader after that.
Mind if I ask... - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's really fair that they paid all of that. However, I do have a question. What is so complicated that can't be done in a Go-to-Meeting or Webinar plus phone conference? As to benefits and other employee handbook type of information, that can be sent in attachments via e-mail pretty easily.

Unless I was really desperate, I wouldn't travel to train for something like this. It's a disruption to my personal life that doesn't seem necessary...not cutting it down, I just don't get it.
travel - nana
[ In Reply To ..]
When they called me and offered me the job at Patient First I wondered the same thing, and to be honest with you I felt the same way, but they paid my plane ticket to and from, rented me a car, put me up in a very nice hotel and paid for all food. The biggest thing I got out of it was how the operation runs. It is so worth it because in the year plus I have worked there I have never ever run out of work. I don't like everything they do, but it is definitely worth the 3 days in Virginia. The side I work on, back dictation and radiology, we have a more strict hours, as radiology as to be done by 6 p.m. every night. If we are doing medical reports then we have until 10 p.m. to get our days work done but for the most part we have a lot of flexibility in our job, no questions asked. If I have an appointment during the day I can start early and there is plenty of work, or I can start later and there is plenty of work.
Also part of the 3 days is going over the benefits and filling out all the paperwork for your benefits which are good and reasonably priced.

This is a real job. Not working for a service and they are opening up offices all the time. The owner is a wonderful man and both my team lead and director are wonderful to work for. The owner sent us a throw blanket for appreciation week and a couple of weeks ago I got a frame in the mail and I don't know why I got it. Also at Christmas we all get bonuses. Again, I don't like everything but I will tell you this, I certainly feel appreciated by this company and I am treated like I am a human being. Now if all of that is not worth a 3 day disruption to your personal life, then I guess I would just stay where you are at. And no I am not management. I am a transcriptionist who after 4 years working for these nasty services and pretty much going broke, I have a job I can be proud of and I am. Feel free to email me and I will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Travel - Doxie
[ In Reply To ..]
I sent you an e-mail.
patient first - happy PF employee
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in this business about 20 +/- years, and this is the BEST transcription job I have ever had. If they asked me to do cartwheels through Times Square, I would. 3 days of paid travel is hardly a blip to get such a great job.

The PF job is what I read on this board almost every day that everyone wants. Straight typing, M-F only, great benefits that don't cost your whole paycheck, 14 PTO days off plus the 6 holidays (20 total) per year. You do have to choose the 2 holidays a year that you want to work, but they are paid at approx triple time, so most of us tend to volunteer for more. This year, got a bonus for working the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and New Year's eve instead of taking the paid day off that was offered. Got the aforementioned throw and frame for employee appreciation. Got a few hundred dollar check for a Christmas bonus as well as a personal handwritten note.

Your work schedule is completely your own on the clinic side. You report your schedule to no one, your time is your own to arrange as you please. You have until the next morning to complete your lines. Get up early and be off by noon or sleep in and start late, no one will say a thing. Do your required amount of work, do it on time, and you will not hear from a soul. If you have a question, you will hear back within minutes. They provide all equipment.

EVERYONE I have run across at HQ, those on the phone and through emails - payroll, HR, IT, etc. are the happiest people on a job I have ever seen. Pleasant, helpful, almost cheerful. My TL is always available, helpful and pleasant. When she has been out, have had the same treatment by all of the several TLs that have filled in.

QA is more than fair. They will make small typo corrections, etc., but that kind of stuff doesn't really count against you. Plus you will NEVER, EVER run out of work.

Details - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
Do they assign you the same dictators or do you work in a pool with other MTs?
How Long Before... - ...see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to sound so cynical, but how long before they either sell out to one of the biggies, or they start taking in difficult hospital dictation?

Sounds like a dream, so I'll pass. That dream will be replaced by a nightmare soon.
NEVER - Happy PFMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think you understand.....PF is not an MTSO. We work for the actual clinics and do the dictations that PF doctors dictate. We do not do any other dictations except for our own clinics. So taking in difficult hospital dictations will never happen......
Sounds pretty wonderful... - schlemazel
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps a good fit for me, & I would LOVE to go back to straight typing. What is the pay like, if you can share that, please? I've been transcribing quality reports for 13 years.
I thought the same way at first.... - Happy PFMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I originally thought the same thing....why do I have to travel to do this when every other company does it through web training. I think what you will realize is PF is not every other company. They do not treat us like other MT companies treat their MTs. They treat us great and we are all appreciated for the work we do. They have many perks they offer us that I have NEVER seen offered by annother MT company out there. I actually found it very refreshing that I got to actually meet the big bosses and go through training there 1 on 1. The 3-4 days I had to take out of my personal life was well worth it. I NEVER EVER run out of work and I am treated well!! I would say if you are lucky enough to get through the interview/testing process go for it....you will be happy you did!

Do they hire PT or only FT employees? nm - broke

[ In Reply To ..]

pt or ft - full time only

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I can't find any of them that are hiring transcriptionists. - Checked all of their branch sites

[ In Reply To ..]
Would appreciate any help as to where to find out if they are hiring or where to submit a resume or take their testing. Thanks.

Look under Administrative offices... - KPF

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to patientfirst.com under careers and follow it to the Administrative offices in Glen Allen VA. You will see the MT job listed when you scroll down a little.

All the hiring for MTs is through administration, not any of the individual centers.

You will find links for the on-line application and testing there.

Patient First - still looking

[ In Reply To ..]
Are these on-site positions or remote?
There is a Hiring Freeze at Patient First - Info given to me by Patient First HR yesterday (nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
RE: Hiring Freeze - ...PFMT
[ In Reply To ..]
While they do not hire 'every day' or 'all of the time', it never hurts to put in your application and test. I have never seen a PF ad on this site, but I applied anyway. They called me in about 2 weeks. New centers are opening all of the time - I see the e-mails. They will hire but can only pick from the tests/applications they have. It wouldn't hurt to at least apply and take the test so they have your information when they are ready to hire next I figured I didn't have anything to lose as NJA was how I started my shift every single day. A happy surprise when they called.

PF - Lovethejob

[ In Reply To ..]
Apply under future openings...
Hiring freeze? - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Darn. I tested and got email from the HR guy that my testing was being reviewed and they'd be in touch....that was last week.
Keep us posted...maybe you got lucky!...(nm) - PFMT.../nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x.
PF - Love
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not see the posting for future openings however, I believe the link for medical transcriptionist in Glen Allen works, that you can take the test and apply. Then just wait to hear from them...so worth it! So glad I did.
PF - Lovethejob
[ In Reply To ..]
I applied and heard in a couple of weeks. It is true, they open new centers all the time. We work for the actual company. I think at this time there are 40 centers and growing!!! We are assigned to a team lead who trains you, then assigns you to a center. They really try hard to keep you in your own center. But, if they need you at another center within your team lead's region, they will send you there but not out of your region. I have been asked only twice and they treat us so well, I has happy to do it. I have transcribed for 40 years. I am the happiest I have been in the last 10 years!
I remember the days - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
I remember the days I ABSOLUTELY LOVED my MT job -- that feeling ended about 2 years ago. After hearing about PF, I did my testing yesterday! It's so refreshing to hear about a company that does not treat their employees like chattel.
Not hiring now, but - Dawn
[ In Reply To ..]
I also applied, tested, and heard back yesterday. They are not hiring right now, but he said he would contact me when they are ready for the next group. I hope it's not too long! This company sounds like they would be good to work for (fingers crossed).
When did you hear back? - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
How long did it take for you to hear back from them after you tested? I tested last week but haven't heard anything. I really hope they call me.

Similar Messages:

Question For Patient First Employees
Jan 27, 2015

Can anyone tell me how long after testing it took them to contact you with an offer? I don't know if I passed or not, as it was easily the hardest test I've ever taken in my lifetime, but I was wondering what the time frame would be to say - "Okay, I haven't heard from them by now, so don't expect to and move on." ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

DSG Employees:
Dec 22, 2009

Did they send out gift cards this year?     ...

Former TRS Employees
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone received a W2 form from the former TRS?  I received one from Transcend but evidently we will receive another one from TRS? ...

To Other New MQ Employees: I'd Like To Know What
Apr 13, 2011

sort of things you're getting QA'd for, to compare notes.  For instance, I'm new to VS, and I tend to leave in double words.  I think what's happening is that I hear it, so my mind just blocks out the extra one and I don't see it.  I spend a lot of energy trying to out-guess the QA, but no matter what I put in certain instances, I'm marked off.  If I put "The patient," then she fills in the name.  If I put the name, then she puts "The patien ...

For Those Of You (employees, Not IC)
Jun 02, 2011

I'd like to know how you are all dealing with it.  Do you sit and wait on work during your scheduled shifts without getting paid?  Have any of you filed for unemployment due to lack of work?  I wonder how people manage to pay for insurance, etc.  Have any of you quit your jobs and received unemployment?  How do you all manage?  TIA for any information you are willing to share. ...

Do You MQ Employees Sometimes Think
Aug 17, 2011

Someone jumps on this board, fires it all up by saying to use F11 for every ASR job, and then calls their CCM to say "read the MTstars board" and then they go check who is doing it and fires them, all the while the pot-stirrer looks all cutsie in the CCMs eyes and more work opens up for the pot-stirrer?Maybe it is my wild imagination, but it seems like all that "stop typing for a day" and if that does not work, then "stop typing for 2 days," and "use F11 for all ASR jobs," all feels so not ...

Any RAD MQ Employees?
Aug 18, 2011

How is your workload going?  I know there are a lot of acute care people who run out of work a lot, or get thrown in the cesspool, but what about the radiology side?  Does that run out all the time too?  I was there for Rad and was considering going back because I need a job.  I know the pay is not what I made there before. ...

Former MDI-MD Employees, Got A ????
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody on here former employees of MDI-MD who stayed with Transcend? I have applied and am trying to find my former supervisor's email. She was MDI-MD and as far as I know, stayed with Transcend. Her initials are MM. Please email me if you have her contact info. I cannot find her email anywhere and would love to work under her again if she is still there. Thanks! ...

To DSG Employees/ICs
Feb 06, 2012

In case you weren't there at the beginning of Monday's conference call, MQ bought out M-Modal and changed their name.  SO, if you choose to do this, you would be working for MQ.  Been there, done that.....aaack. ...

TTS Employees
May 27, 2015

Have interview with TTS, any comments on this company??? Likes/dislikes, pay ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...

Third Shift Employees
Feb 16, 2010

As I am getting no work during the day shift anymore, I have the chance to go third shift Sun-Thursday (11-7), either that or find a new job (yeh right), or do ASR (done it at this company, no thanks to returning there).  I have never worked that one before.  How/when do you sleep?  Any other pros/cons about this shift?  Thaniks your your advice.    ...

How Many U.S. Employees Are There For Medquist?
Mar 02, 2010

.. ...

Statutory Employees
Mar 25, 2010

Could someone explain exactly what a company can require of an SE? Can companies force MTs to adhere to a schedule if all MTs are statutory employees? All the research I have done on this subject is vague, but it appears that SE and IC are almost the same with the exception of Social Security and Medicare being withheld and the employer's portion being paid for an SE. ...

Any Smartmed Employees Here?
May 06, 2010

Wondering what everyone is thinking about the no work again and NO other accounts to work on. ...

DSG. Statutory Employees
May 25, 2010

I'm considering applying with DSG for a statutory positon. Does anyone know what they're like to work for? I'm wondering about rate of pay, availability of work, percentage of ESL, etc. Thanks. ...

Spheris Employees
Jun 18, 2010

curious if you are still working your regular accounts?  Is everything they promised actually working out?  I ask because I am now working on a Spheris account when I run out of work on my 5 other "primaries";) ...

Former MDI/Transcend Employees
Jun 25, 2010

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have any idea how many people have parted ways with Transcend in the last several weeks that had been with the company for more than four or five years?  I know I am one of them but was just curious how extensive it might be. ...

Production Employees (not IC's): How Much
Jul 13, 2010

The compensation structure and "minimum" hourly or daily production expectations often encourage people in our industry to work unreported hours in order to meet minimums.  You have a day when you get a rash of the account's most trying dictators, for instance, and at the end of 8 hours you realize that you haven't met minimums...so you work another hour, while reporting only the 8 hours. Transcription companies are, of course, aware of this dirty little secret and do nothing abo ...

Former DRC/Acusis Employees
Jul 18, 2010

Last year, there were some changes made at Acusis and a group of MTs left at that time.  I was wondering if any of these MTs found a "new home" they are happy with.  I felt DRC was very good to its MTs and wonder if there are other "jewels" like it was out there. ...

QUESTION FOR MQ EMPLOYEES
Jul 23, 2010

Is there anyone that likes their job at MQ?  Specifically, any radiology MTs who are happy there?  Just want to know before I take any potential leaps I may strongly regret in the future.  Thanks! ...

Former Spheris Employees?
Nov 29, 2010

hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone on here worked @ spheris and now is with medquist? is it better. how are the hours now as opposed to w/spheris. i'm thinking of applying with medquist and was wondering if i should or get a new career LOL thanks for any info ...