A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First Anyone scheduled yet? - anyone scheduled to go to Virginia yet?

Posted: Feb 13, 2015

I know they were interviewing recently.  Anyone scheduled yet?  

Dictation? - WonderingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Can someone who works or has worked for Patient First please tell me how difficult their dictation is and what level of expertise one would need to work for them? Thank you!

dictation - pf employee

[ In Reply To ..]
The dictation is as easy or difficult as the doctor you get, like most places. I happen to have several really, really easy doctors and 1 who is more difficult. I have been moved to a center to help out for a day or 2 that had what I felt were all difficult doctors. It really just depends.

If you take the test and feel it is not too bad, you will do just fine here. I have been here a while and don't remember the test being particularly bad, but I understand it has the worst of the worst dictators now, so you can try that and see what you think.

The type of work itself is not all that hard. It is clinic work, so I would say pretty much the opposite of technical or detailed. Suturing a cut is about as difficult as a procedure as we normally get here. Otherwise, lots of strep tests, UTIs, sinus infections, etc. Pretty easy overall.

Not me - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
I tested on 1-26-15 and haven't heard yay or nay back yet.

Patient First - NCaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told contact would be made later next week if chosen for a position.

Patient First - Cee

[ In Reply To ..]
Went to VA, got the job, came back home after a week of training down there. Had to work out my 2-week notice with my other job AND work for PF at least 4 hours a day for 2 weeks. The end of my notice is tomorrow, and PF got in touch today, telling me that they don't think I'm going to make it...tried to get my old job back, got a negative result there too. PF didn't want to leave me without a job, but I don't want to be kept on for pity either. I feel like a big failure...

wah??? - they put you through all that

[ In Reply To ..]
just to tell you they don't think you'll make it? So how much longer are they going to give you? I'm so sorry to hear this.

Patient First - Cee

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told all this this morning. After I got the email from my current boss rejecting my possible return, I told PF about it, and they don't want to leave me high and dry without a job, but I already know what they think about me. Then, they come out and say that "the decision isn't made yet" - huh??? I sure sounded like you had made up your minds this morning...

with the negative from the other job... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And if PF is willing to keep you a little longer, and you need it the income, maybe you should not concentrate on the "pity" part so much. Plus, this gives you a chance to concentrate solely on just PF.

PF - Cee

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not the fastest typist, but I figured I'd work it out, what with the system they have and all. It involves using a lot of abbreviations, editing for brevity while still having the needed information, etc. Their system is very different, I just did not realize how different. I don't think that being able to concentrate on PF solely is going to make a difference - I'm not going to turn into a 90 wpm typist overnight.
Wow... - Hopeful
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really in shock about that Cee. So sorry. I would think they would give some consideration to the fact that you were working out the last two weeks of your regular job as well as the hours you were putting in learning what seems to be a very different system. I tested around the end of Jan. and haven't heard anything since the email. After all of the hoops you have jumped through, this is very disconcerting...
wow - Cee
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it was a lot to go through. There were a total of 3 interviews just to get the job, and the typing test...we were told that over 100 people apply each month and only a few get accepted for training. We were called "the best of the best" all week - it was awesome. They did take into account that I was working out my 2 weeks with my other job, and that still didn't help. I'm not here to bash, it's a great company for someone who can learn the system quickly. It just wasn't the best fit for me.
So sorry... - Hopeful
[ In Reply To ..]
Well...I'm still so sorry it didn't work out for you Cee. And I am still concerned. Not that they have even called me back for an interview since the email. And after telling my husband about it, he is concerned as well. Of course at this rate, It doesn't look like I will ever find a job anyway...
The best of the best, hate to see what the - others looked like
[ In Reply To ..]
That sounds like a come on, best and then you are let down with a big thud? You let one job go without really having another one in place. Not many people can afford to do that. I would not even think about applying to a place that drops others like a hot potato while seeming to be all that and a bag of chips. No thanks. Were you also talking about the benefits they provide and only working Monday thru Friday? A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, just saying.
Cee- really hate hearing this - - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I followed all PF posts earlier when all this was transpiring and the people headed to VA to retest and train. Was wondering what the outcome was and how the job was going. I am sorry for you. Hope things can work out for you. Good Luck
waiting - hopefulMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I had my interview a week ago yesterday and was told the same thing that I should hear back sometime this week. Really hoping to get the job, but not holding my breath.
Thanks - Cee
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your support - it means a lot. I'll start my job hunt on Monday. I went after PF because I thought it was a great opportunity and, believe me, it is for the right person.
Difficult?? - WonderingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just curious how difficult the "shorthand method" of transcribing is that Patient First uses before I apply? And what does it consist of, i.e., something similar to using shortcut abbreviations that one has to memorize? Thanks!
difficult - Cee
[ In Reply To ..]
Six pages of abbreviations, and supposedly that wasn't the full list. They are very particular about how they want things typed - it's all learning what you can leave in and what you can get rid of. My problem was kind of over editing, and sometimes forgetting about my mistakes from the previous day and making the same mistakes again...if I hadn't been working out my 2 weeks, I might have been a little more on the ball, but they wanted us to learn fast, and I wasn't learning fast enough...
So Sorry! - WonderingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That sounds like a lot of memorization in a very short time, but this seems to be what most companies are requiring these days! I just left a situation where there were SO many account specs (20 pages) and updates/changes daily, and if you made a mistake or God forbid the same mistake 2 days in a row, you failed! I, like you, don't want to work in that type of situation and PF sounds very similar to me, so I think I'll steer clear of them! Thanks so much for the info Cee and good luck to you in finding another job! It's amazing to me what these companies want us to know on accounts, but pay you peanuts to learn and retain all this stuff!!

This is horrible!!!!!! :O - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
How rotten is that!?! Can they not take into consideration that the learning curve would take you longer with going back and forth each day between their way of doing things and your old job's way of doing things by working for both each day? My word! That's treating you like a jerk! It might would be different had you worked only for them full time and was coming up short...

PF update - Cee

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm officially out of a job. Patient First "fired" me on 02/20, when I thought I was fired on 02/13. Got a call on Wednesday morning from the trans supervisor (the same person who "fired" me the previous week), wondering why I hadn't worked the previous 2 days! I was floored, and I jumped right on. About 2 hours later, I heard from an HR person not to do any more work, and that they would "make a decision" by Friday whether they were going to keep me or not. Had my fingers crossed, but got the call on Friday and it was a thumbs down for me. So, I had to feel the same pain twice for the same job. Now, no job and up a creek if I don't find one pretty soon.

Patient First - AmazedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had an experience where they said they'd hire me in the "second" wave...that was several "Waves" ago! I wasted a lot of time waiting for the training period to start, etc. and then was told they were "going in a different direction." They may pay well, they may have benefits, but if they continue to run this way, eventually the bottom will drop out!

Similar Messages:

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

Anyone Here Scheduled To Go To VA For Patient First
May 20, 2015

Has anyone been contacted to travel to Virginia this summer for 2nd test at Patient First? ...

Patient Is Scheduled For ORIF Right Hip. We Will Use S/l Dull-meyer Greater Trochanteric Clamp
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

When They Don't Have Any Work For Us During Our Scheduled
Dec 23, 2014

shift, how is it legal for them to require we make up the time on another day, when we've already set aside time, clocked in, & wasted time when there was no work during our scheduled shift!!  So, if this is legal, in theory they could just keep you on stand-by all the time for free until there's actually some work to do.  How can they get away with this?  I could see if they had let us know ahead of time, you'll be off on such-and-such day but have to substitut ...

Got Logged Out Of DQS Saying I Am Not Scheduled To Work
May 19, 2010

Has this happened to anyone else today? I am scheduled to work and I was told I am restricted from accessing DQS ...

Question Regarding Scheduled Hours And NJA
Mar 25, 2011

I'm about to start working for MedQuist, and will be sceduled a certain number of hours to work on certain days.  Being an employee versus an IC, if there is no work available, will I still get paid for those hours? ...

If You're Scheduled To Work On A Holiday
Apr 05, 2012

and run out of work, wait 15 minutes, put in a Qcare ticket, etc., are you supposed to check back to see if any work comes in throughout the day, or do you take the rest of that day off after getting NJA for 15 minutes?  I've never been really clear on the whole thing...  TIA! ...

Scheduled For An Interview With AssistMed
Jun 08, 2012

I am scheduled for an interview with AssistMed. Does anyone know if they have PTO? I can't seem to find any info. Any info would be helpful.   THANKS! ...

Interview With Accentus Scheduled
Jun 20, 2012

Everything I've read has been positive. Is it difficult to work up to over 200 lph for transcription and 325 for VR? Seems like it would be, looking at their compensation. Thanks!! ...

He Is Scheduled For A S/l Moncreth PD Catheter
Mar 20, 2013

Patient in end stage renal disease scheduled for s/l mon-creeth PD catheter.  ...

Working Scheduled Hours
Aug 14, 2013

MModal HAS to be in the Top 10 of the worst companies to work for.  Got the email saying we MUST work our scheduled hours, only 2 MTs allowed on per account per day, 2 weeks notice if asking for days off, a month's notice if more than 5 days, no changing hours around unless approved in advance.  And yet, HERE I SIT . .  . just like I did on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday . .  . sat down to work my scheduled hours and  . . . I have NO WORK!  Talk about one-sided! &n ...

I Scheduled The CCS Exam Today
Sep 19, 2013

I know this exam is extremely difficult but I am going to attempt it. I already took and passed the CPC, but I understand the CCS is even  harder. Do any of you coders have any advice? Thanks! ...

AssistMed And Now Have An Interview Scheduled
Oct 19, 2014

I tested with AssistMed and now have an interview scheduled. Anyone have any experience with this company? ...

Pt Is Scheduled For A Distal Humeral Osteotomy
Jul 12, 2010

x ...

Had A Phone Interview Scheduled But No One Called Me!
Aug 25, 2011

Thanks for nothing, TTS! You schedule a time for a phone interview with me and then you don't call?! Boooooo! ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Hand Surgery Help. She Would Like To Be Scheduled Just For The (s/l Blat) Tenodesis Of The Right Wr
Oct 06, 2010

TIA! ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Sistas, Watch Your Timecards. Mine Is Again Showing 0s, No Scheduled
Nov 16, 2012

It got my shifts wrong for different days, putting 5 instead of 6 hours.  It evened out mostly to be correct but put an extra hour of PTO on my schedule. Which, my CCM, pointed out, I got paid for but my concern is if it keeps messing up on this stuff, how could I be being adversely affected.  Nothing here works as they want. ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

For Brain Metastases Treatment With Radiation Therapy...his "V Sim" Is Scheduled For Tomor
Jul 28, 2010

:) ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Scheduled To Work This Afternoon, Wondering If Work Has Picked Up Yet?? Sm
Jan 09, 2012

I only had about a half dozen reports on Saturday before it dried up.  I have picked up 1 cleaning customer so far and I'm on my way there.  2 hours equals $50!!!!  At least I'm making something today....Hope everyone is finding things are getting better. ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

ER Note - "ORS" Or "OARS" Search For Scheduled Med
Jul 28, 2011

He says he is doing an "ORS" "OARS" research/search for records of a patient's prescribed scheduled medication history.  Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...