A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes or Acusis, my dilemma continues..... - Smeeps

Posted: Sep 18, 2013

PT/Acusis or FT/Keystrokes/ Radiology/3rd shift@ $1 a report.  After being fired from what I thought would be a great job for me (Amphion), I'm gun shy.

My vote - get out while the getting is good. - Why put yourself through this torture called MT?

[ In Reply To ..]
???????????????????

Trying to get out, but after sending 100s of resumes... - AnotherMT

[ In Reply To ..]
not much action. Our area is inundated with job searchers and too few openings...

Neither. National MTSOs are scum that are - doing away with American MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to stay in MT, the only sane way to do it these days is to keep looking for one of those rare, elusive inhouse jobs. They do still exist (I have one I just got a few months ago). Unfortunately that kind of situation isn't the norm, it's a needle in a haystack.

stay away from keystrokes - truper

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Keystrokes for quite a few years, and after a few cuts I left and after being told I wasn't up to par. I have over 20 years experience, so I don't know what they want. I never worked for Acusis. I'm in a large radiology group in med. records and work for a small company part time and couldn't be happier. Good luck in your search.

Don't know Acusis but familiar with the exact Keystrokes spot and - RUN. horrible, horrible, horrible from

[ In Reply To ..]
the person training you right down to the paycheck at the end of the payperiod.

My recent experience. Good luck with whatever you do! It's a jungle out there.

Second that! Won't even make minimum wage! - on my way out of MT

[ In Reply To ..]
$1 a job for long, long jobs = teeny tiny paychecks and a lot of hours working for free.

They have more than one account, I am sure. nm - Tired of the Ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Yep! I've got 5 and they all suck! No work and/or no $ - on my way out of MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you've been there you have no idea what a joke this particular job is. Wanna make $20 a shift? That's what I've been making there on their $1 a job huge dictations. Every paystub from there includes the minimum wage differential. I assume the only reason I was hired is to avoid paying occasional OT to their regulars. If they had any ethics they wouldn't ever post this job again so some other poor sap will think its a real job that could actually pay their bills.

Smeeps! - justme3

[ In Reply To ..]
Was wondering how the Acusis thing went. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with either of these companies, but was happy to see your name and always wish you well!

KS is MUCH better than Acusis. Have worked for both. - IMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
Every company has cut line rates, and rates are low at KS, but the platforms are markedly better than Acusis, although I have not worked at Acusis in a few years. Acusis=Indian QA/99% score required. Good luck. I know people have been burned by KS, but Acusis is awful. The only company I quit after a few weeks to a month.

Took PT with Acusis/KS never got back to me - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll deal with it as the hours are optimum. It's a job....

KS finally got back to me... - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
My PC is 64 bit and to work for them they would need to send me a virtual drive or something like that, preloaded with everything I would need, all at a one time cost, to me, of $150. It would be M-F 7pm-3am CST. Nothing was ever mentioned regarding this virtual drive in any of the emails. I'm not going to take it cause I know when my husband would hear I would have to pay, even only once, he'd be like no way. I am so thankful that I had the job offers I have had, but I hate when they come all at once.

Similar Messages:

Looking For A New Job! Opinions About Acusis, Ascend, And Keystrokes?
Jun 18, 2011

Hi everyone!  Long time, no see!  I've been around the boards for years (since I started MT school back in 2000).  There have been a lot of changes in my life over the last few years--changes for the good.  I lost weight, got divorced, and now have a new boyfriend :). I've been working in-house for the last few years and really want to go back to working from home.  My kids are all older (3 teens!) and require very little supervision, so I can only imagine it ...

Frustration Continues
Feb 24, 2013

Working my "regular" schedule today.  So far 3.68 out of 8 hours in.  Wondering if there are fellow co-workers who have jumped in.  I have not jumped in to take work away from others.  I wish we could all work together.  YES, I too have financial obligations and struggle with finances.  Please do not shoot the messenger. ...

ProScript - Hammer Continues To Fall
Jan 12, 2010

I hear that the hammer continues to fall at ProScript. Word has it that two more long-term employees were let go without warning. What is going on with that company? First, all employees lost their benefits and were changed to statutory along with having their lines rates cut drastically, and now this. ...

Dilemma
Aug 02, 2010

After my worst day ever Friday and making next to nothing for the day, I had contemplated all weekend giving my notice this morning.  I have crunched numbers, talked with the husband and child, cried, and prayed.   My first two jobs this morning were for a dictator I could not even understand his name, doing cardio, in letter form to God-knows-who.  I (think) I sent the first one to QA.  The second one I am pretty sure I put all the troubles in the QA marker and then for ...

Serious Dilemma
Sep 16, 2014

Has anyone run across a suicide planning document?  Wondering how I can NOT be a participant in that... thx for any response. ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

Company Dilemma
Jan 04, 2011

I have 28 years experience as an MT. I recently left Spheris after MQ bought them out. I got a job doing clinic work, fantastic hours, decent benefits, and the people are totally wonderful. However, as some of you know, clinic work is hard to make a dollar with. I have seen the ads for Med-Scribe from Florida and I am wondering if I should apply. I really have to make more money than I'm making now. ...

My Dilemma W/ This Board
Feb 19, 2012

I've done this job for 12-plus yrs now, and I definitely agree w/ those who say we should have the grammar, spelling, research skills, etc., before we're even hired.  That said, occasionally I have a brain freeze when I have a PA or some such who can't pronounce a drug and refuses to give me a hint how to spell it.  I still refuse to tear someone down on here who has the stones to ask a question.  If the terminology is beginner-type stuff and it makes me suspect it ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

LINE RATE DILEMMA
Sep 13, 2012

My last couple of companies have been devoured by the squid so i'm again exploring other options. Better to take an offer of 9 cents per line for ESL/difficult dictators or 6 cents per line for easy work? Both call themselves IC, though really they aren't (want a schedule).   ...

Sharing Patient Records Is Still A Digital Dilemma For Doctors
Mar 06, 2015

link below ...

Acusis - Don't Know Anything About Them
Oct 12, 2009

tyvm ...

Any Acusis MT's Out There? In Particular -
Mar 15, 2012

are there any MT's left at Acusis that worked for DRC before Acusis bought it? ...

Acusis - Anyone Know Anything
May 18, 2012

about this company - tested, passed, need to make decision within 24 hours.  I acted on impulse or maybe desperation when I applied.    Really don't know the company.  Can anyone offer  anything please.   TIA ...

Acusis?
Jul 12, 2012

All right, anyone work or have worked for this company in the past..........and have any feedback for me?  I will be testing for them soon and want to know what I'm getting into. They look to be a bit better benefit wise than Softscript that I just interviewed with.  Input appreciated, please.  ...

Want To Know About Acusis
Sep 10, 2013

I have seen some posts where people want to know about Acusis. I will tell you what I know and about my recent experience with them. The Human Resources person, Susanna Sovek,is located in Pennsylvania. My supervisor was located in California. The IT folks are in India and the CMT's are all over the place. You are given 3 weeks of "training" as per the "roadmap". The first week you are paid $180, the second $240 and the third $260 provided that you are meeting the criteria of 99% accu ...

Acusis, Anyone Know Anything About Them..
Mar 25, 2014

I remember applying for a job with this company, but I do not remember the rate of pay or anything else.  Does anyone know anything this company.  Thanks in advance ...

Any Acusis MTs Out There??
Sep 11, 2014

Been there a year, always had loads of work.  The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow.  When I ask supervisor, I get told it's the nature of the beast, feast or famine in the industry.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.   ...

Anybody Know Anything About Acusis?
May 29, 2015

Good to work for? ...

Acusis ??
Jun 09, 2015

I'm wondering how is it working at Acusis.  Pay scale is "funky" being you get paid less if your work goes to QA, but otherwise seems reasonable.  I searched and the only thing I turn up is stuff that is from 2009, so looking for fresher info.   Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Work For Acusis?
Oct 15, 2009

info much appreciated. ...

Does Acusis Pay For Spaces, Or Only By VBC?
Nov 21, 2009

X ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

Attn Acusis MT's
Jan 18, 2010

Re  QA: Today is a "do not hyphenate" day. Thus, tomorrow (1/19/10) will be a "hyphenate-everything-you-type" day. ...

Can Anyody Tell Me About Acusis? There Is Not Much
Jan 26, 2010

new in the Archives, if at all.   I would like to know if they do more transcribing or VR, and about platform and software.  Thanks! ...

Attn: Acusis MT's!
Jan 29, 2010

Today is a do-not-hyphenate day.  And be sure to mark your calendars - as tomorrow is a special day!  Not only is it once again a hyphenate-everything-you-type day, it is ALSO a put-as-many-commas-into-every-single-sentence-that-you-can day.  The fun and excitement never stops at Acusis! ...

Anyone Have An Info On Acusis
Feb 04, 2010

I am about to test with them. ...

Info On Acusis
Feb 12, 2010

Can anyone give me any information at all on the company Acusis, good, bad, whatever.  I would appreciate any information I can get. ...

Acusis Questions
Jun 30, 2010

How much does Acusis pay for clinic accounts? Do they pay for training? And lastly, can you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 with them? Is 64-bit acceptable for each? ...

Need Info On Acusis
May 04, 2010

I need info on Acusis. thanks ...