A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dilemma - sick and tired

Posted: Aug 02, 2010

After my worst day ever Friday and making next to nothing for the day, I had contemplated all weekend giving my notice this morning.  I have crunched numbers, talked with the husband and child, cried, and prayed.   My first two jobs this morning were for a dictator I could not even understand his name, doing cardio, in letter form to God-knows-who.  I (think) I sent the first one to QA.  The second one I am pretty sure I put all the troubles in the QA marker and then forgot to check the box. 

But still I am vacillating about giving the notice -- is MQ putting subliminal messages in the dictation to keep us from leaving?  What in the world will it take to make me finally say "Uncle?"

I am with you, sick and tired - cant say uncle

[ In Reply To ..]
first report from unfamiliar account, horrible, absolutley the worst Indian dictator imaginable, left 10 blanks, forgot to check box and poof, it was gone.

Next hour at work, have been in 2 other accounts that I rarely have typed for, and sent a report through with stuff typed different than what the client profile says... yes my fault, I did not keep jumping back and forth from typing to CP and missed some things, which I am precisely sure will be a report in my audit... of course.

I have no clue why there is a gazillion e-mails for this account, and the CP is half a page long, but every doctor wants something different and I do not get paid hourly to sit and sift through the gazillion e-mails searching for a specific doctor and what he/she wants.

Why can't I say uncle either? Only the good Lord knows.

I guess we are just not quitters? - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Or we are cowards? Now I wonder how many prisoners of war could have escaped and were afraid that what was out there was worse than what they were already in and STAYED IN.

How ironic - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I know how you feel. The other day I got a quality alert e-mail because I made a mistake. However, this e-mail I received had 2 or 3 errors in just one sentence. How ironic is that?

My CCM couldn't compose a coherent sentence - (when I used to hear

[ In Reply To ..]
from her). Hard to respect someone in this business with poor grammar and punctuation. If these are our "leaders," heaven help us.

Same dilemma. Like your posts. - Petunia

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never been a quitter. Do not run away even when the going gets bad. Always start something and finish it to the end. Then I get abused and stepped on, treated like crap. THAT IS MY PROBLEM!

Hey, maybe I should use this during an interview question, "Name something positive/negative about yourself." Hahaha.

Anyway, I am tired this morning. I have a couple of jobs, but I bet in about half an hour I will be out of work. It is a ritual on a daily basis lately.

Like your posts and you will be sadly missed. MQ does not deserve you. You can do better whether it is parking cars, cleaning homes, or doing lawnwork. How about a plant shop? Or taking care of the elderly. Some need help going shopping like getting B-day gifts or groceries. Shoot, some even need to go see a movie. Could start your own business?

Wish you very well. I honestly do not know why I am still here working for this stupid company. What ticks me off more than anything? I have been here for 22 years, SAME STUPID COMPANY, and I get 3-5 days of paid vacation A YEAR?! Now because of NO JOBS AVAILABLE, I HAVE NOTHING! NO VACATION. Shoot, I cannot even afford a vacation, but would like time off to maybe go to a wedding or a funeral in the future and I CANNOT EVEN DO THAT?!

Best-sounding job so far has been - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
a "personal assistant." Some office work and some running of errands. Don't have a clue what it pays, but I think getting OUT OF MY HOUSE and picking up dry cleaning or taking somebody's dog to the vet and getting paid hourly sounds better than this. :)

I find that sad - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for one company for over 20 years, and after 10 years I was getting 4 weeks paid vacation each years. Those were the days.

I cannot believe that they do not give time off for a funeral. I always thought that by law they had to give 3 days off paid leave. I know when I worked for Spheris that they gave me 3 days bereavement leave when my husband passed away, plus I was able to take extra time under FMLA to be with him while he was in the hospital. I will say that even though Spheris had their problems, and I did not always agree with everything they did that my supe was very accomodating and they did really work with me during that difficult time. So there were some good things about Spheris. However,I cannot say that the same is true about Medquist.

What is wrong with this company?

oh they do give bereavement pay just not to me - still fuming

[ In Reply To ..]
It is MQ policy to give 3 days bereavement pay, but apparently I asked during a PTO blackout period around a holiday and didn't get it.

What is wrong - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
What is wrong? The company is owned by India, that's what. It's not just sending some of the work global. They OWN us now.

Similar Messages:

Serious Dilemma
Sep 16, 2014

Has anyone run across a suicide planning document?  Wondering how I can NOT be a participant in that... thx for any response. ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

Company Dilemma
Jan 04, 2011

I have 28 years experience as an MT. I recently left Spheris after MQ bought them out. I got a job doing clinic work, fantastic hours, decent benefits, and the people are totally wonderful. However, as some of you know, clinic work is hard to make a dollar with. I have seen the ads for Med-Scribe from Florida and I am wondering if I should apply. I really have to make more money than I'm making now. ...

My Dilemma W/ This Board
Feb 19, 2012

I've done this job for 12-plus yrs now, and I definitely agree w/ those who say we should have the grammar, spelling, research skills, etc., before we're even hired.  That said, occasionally I have a brain freeze when I have a PA or some such who can't pronounce a drug and refuses to give me a hint how to spell it.  I still refuse to tear someone down on here who has the stones to ask a question.  If the terminology is beginner-type stuff and it makes me suspect it ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

LINE RATE DILEMMA
Sep 13, 2012

My last couple of companies have been devoured by the squid so i'm again exploring other options. Better to take an offer of 9 cents per line for ESL/difficult dictators or 6 cents per line for easy work? Both call themselves IC, though really they aren't (want a schedule).   ...

Keystrokes Or Acusis, My Dilemma Continues.....
Sep 18, 2013

PT/Acusis or FT/Keystrokes/ Radiology/3rd shift@ $1 a report.  After being fired from what I thought would be a great job for me (Amphion), I'm gun shy. ...

Sharing Patient Records Is Still A Digital Dilemma For Doctors
Mar 06, 2015

link below ...