A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Could anyone happy at Transcend please email me. - wondering

Posted: Jul 26, 2010

I am considering Transcend and would like to know what you like about the company, overall communication, flexibility if you have an appointment.  I know not everyone is happy with certain companies and I take that into consideration.  Is there enough work?  I really would like to hear from people that are happy and who are doing acute care and/or radiology.  Thanks in advance for all your help. 

trans - end

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not unhappy at Transcend. I applied to them before I read all the posts here. Then I got nervous because of all the bad rap. But it hasn't been bad. I thought I would give them 90 days (like they give me) and decide then. So far, so good. They are a big company, which equals proportionately more unhappy employees. I don't know if the ratio of happiness to unhappiness is any different from any other company. MT as a whole is a somewhat unhappier field than it was 10-15 years ago. I have been downsized out of on-site jobs twice, so I'm just glad someone is still hiring.

re the company - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course my experience will not necessarily reflect that of others, but I am happy there. You can e/m me if you wish. I find the communication to be B+ to A. Flexibility to be A+, I have more than enough work most of the time (several accounts). I do acute care FT. I am not on VR. I think they are a very stable company, with some decent benefits. IMO, they are worth giving a try. There are so many variables though that I could answer every question in vivid detail and you may still find it not to be where you want to work.

depends - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on how long you've been there. Newbies seem to love it, those there longer take it with a grain of salt and those from the most recent merger have had a mass exodus. My understanding is they are having now with TAT .... that's what happens when you let good people go and replace them with less experienced personnel, resulting in more submissions to QA and thus sitting around there instead of going to the facility.....what comes around goes around. Good luck to you.

not the worst, better than most - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend is okay. It is very flexible, but I find that the Typing lines get cherry picked out (which pay double what editing lines pay), so my only real complaint is I am one of the few that works evenings and I see the good (typing) work getting pulled out of place (due at 4am, while other jobs - editing - are due at 1am). So I get frustrated and lose initiative as I'm working thru crap trying to get to those good typing lines, but otherwise it's an ok company. The bosses all swear it doesn't happen (typing lines getting taken - probably by management since they have the ability to cherry pick), but it does, and anyone working for Transcend can verify that. As for the person that said they do no VR - what account are you on? That's all I have is VR!

overall I am happy - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Overall I am happy with Transcend. I do have complaints, don't get me wrong; however, this company treats its employees MUCH better than the other ones out there (at least from what I've read of others horror stories). I started my MLS career with Transcend, so I consider myself one of the lucky ones (as I almost started working for Medquist - UGH).

what a joke - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for MQ when it was Med Records Corp and then MRC and then MQ - Transend bought out MDI and the company went downhill as far as I am concerned. They had an agenda right from the get go and just introduced it slowly. I left and am glad I did. Dorothy should be ashamed of her sale, I would hate to think she knew what they were planning.

Similar Messages:

Not Too Happy With The TTS Recruiter Right Now. So I Get An Email
Dec 30, 2014

they want to speak to me immediately.  I reply and tell them specifically in the list of questions that I do not have a working cell currently (cannot afford one and still do not have one).  So I get an email saying they tried calling and got an error message.  I am sitting here thinking okay I told you that in that list of questions, but whatever.  I said yeah is there any way to discuss positions via email?  Not a word since and that was Friday.  Not professional ...

Happy MT Week Email
May 17, 2015

After everything this week, getting ready to lose literally half of my QC income, nice move.  Thanks for everything YOU do, Nuance.  You'll get what's coming to you. ...

Happy With Transcend?
Aug 22, 2011

Anyone happy here? Are you able to meet the 900 dollar FT requirement? How is the BeyondText platform?  Making a huge decision, and having a hard time.  Thanks! ...

Transcend Email Question
Dec 22, 2011

Is there a list of emails for managers/TL's, ect. posted somewhere for Transcend? I need an email for someone and do not know where to look. ...

To All The "happy" Transcend Employees
Dec 20, 2010

Love reading all the posts on Transcend. For those of you that are happy there, good for you. You must be one of the ones that either "cheat/cherry pick" or your TL/ROM is your best buddy.  The region I work in is notorious for people cherry picking and when TL and ROM are told about this, nothing happens.. No wonder some people are happy. If I could pick and choose what jobs and what doctors  I wanted to do I'd probably be a lot happier too. It either forces you to "do the same" ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...

Anyone Happy At TTS?
Feb 17, 2013

I was wondering if anyone is happy with TTS. I have read the archives, as well as some other posts and it doesn't look good.  I am starting with them soon and was hoping I didn't dig myself a grave.  Thanks. ...