A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shortcut for Windows on a Word-based platform - Joy

Posted: Jan 30, 2012

I've used Shortcut for Windows for years always on a Word-based platform.  Now I am using it in SpeechMotion which is not Word based.  I need to know if there is anyway in Shortcut to set up a code to jump where I need to enter text.  I have normal templates in Shortcut and have used an * to indicate a jump-to field.  I had a macro in Word that let me jump to the *, but there is no way to set up a macro in SpeechMotion.  Any help would be appreciated. 

if you do a Google search on - this

[ In Reply To ..]
using shortcut for windows jump sign productivity, you will find a web site. The thread is old, but it is still there. I don't think I can post a link to another web site on this site. It is pretty involved and I haven't had to reformulate it myself in a long time.

Similar Messages:

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Shortcut For Windows 8
Dec 30, 2013

I was using an old version of Shortcut for Windows and it was working nicely on my old puter.  I got a new puter for Christmas (Thanks to my hubby - I think he wants me to type faster/more!) and I can't find my disk to load the Shortcut software onto the new puter - I'm not even sure it would work on Windows 8.  Can anyone recommend a word expander similar to Shortcut?  I'm not finding Shortcut for Windows available online.  Anyone?  Thanks - Kathleen ...

Shortcut For Windows And Meditech
Oct 04, 2011

Howdy....Anyone work for Keystrokes?   Do you know if Shortcut for Windows works on Meditech platform? ...

Shortcut For Windows Update
May 03, 2014

I call the telephone number on my program disc and they said that the company that developed Shortcut for Windows had been bought out by Superior Global but that they were allowed to provide tech support for Shortcut.  They were able to get mine to work with Windows 7 and M/S Word on the new computer but said that Shortcut would not be able to go past Windows 7 and that I should start looking for another word expander and start transferring short forms or macros over now while I have time. ...

ShortCut For Windows And Escription
Nov 16, 2014

Does anyone out there know how to use ShortCut for Windows with Escription?  I've used ShortCut for 14 years, have like 46,000 entries.  When I ran it with Escription, the long form would print out, but it would back up 2-3 characters and delete the last 2 characters of the word before it.  For example: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:  The patient is... With Escription, it looks like this: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNthe patient is. Any and all suggestions would be greatly ap ...

Transcenders - Anyone Use Shortcut For Windows Instead Of Shorthand
Sep 01, 2011

... just curious!  TIA!!!  ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Windows 7 And ShortCut Text Expander Problems.
May 02, 2010

So I bought a new PC and it runs Win7. I've got everything up and running, my platform and audio player works great. BUT...I can't get my expander to work properly.  I can install it and start it and it looks like it's running fine but when I enter text that should expand, it just doesn't. At all, in any program (Word, Firefox, notepad, etc). Their site says that it should work just fine in any Windows-based program and it has since Win98, up until now. We all know ho ...

Web-based Transcription Platform?
Nov 23, 2010

What exactly is someone referring to when they say "web-based transcription platform"? Are they referring to the program that the company uses to receive/pull/send audio files? ...

M-Modal-based Platform
Apr 06, 2013

Can someone who uses an M-Modal-based platform (not working for M-Modal but another company) tell me if you can spell check on the fly using the keyboard and not the mouse? ...

M-Modal Based Platform Users, A Question
Aug 31, 2011

Does anyone know the keystroke (I think it was ALT + ?) to minimize the demographic screen so that the document fills the screen? I found it out once by accident, but then didn't edit for a while, and now that I am, I forget.  Thanks!  ...

Please! Document That Is Word Based?
May 13, 2013

We got notice that we cannot use a document that is word based with the platform we use. I hate to appear that I have no sense at all but I do not have a clue what is meant by document that is word based. Is that Facebook, Yahoo, Google? I need some assistance. Thanks so much! ...

Is Softscript Word-based
Jun 18, 2014

Straight typing in word-based platform? What is their line rate? Any info on this company appreciated. Looking for a major change, hopefully one for the better. ...

Windows 7 With Platform That Requires XP
Aug 11, 2011

Ok here is my question.  Does anyone have Windows 7 Professional on their computer and use it for a platform that requires Windows XP?  The reason I'm asking is...I want to buy a new computer but you cannot get Windows XP any longer, only Windows 7.  I talked to tech support at Dell and they told me that if I am wanting XP, I will need to go with Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.  They said that XP runs inside of that, whatever that means.  I am wondering since X ...

Does DocQVoice Platform Run On Windows 7?
Nov 08, 2011

Does DocQVoice platform run on Windows 7 - TIA!! ...

Platform Compatible With Windows 8?
Jan 24, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that uses a platform compatible with Windows 8? ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Shortcut Keys
Oct 23, 2009

In Microsoft word 2007, under view, you can increase the percentage of the document from 100% and in my case to 140%.  My question is, is there a shortcut key for this?  Thanks. ...

Help! Shortcut Word Expander Won't Work Right With Editscript
Nov 07, 2012

Has anyone had any problems using the Shortcut for Windows word expander with the Editscript platform?  It's always worked fine in the past when I used to use Voicescribe.  It also works fine in everything else currently that I use.  When I expand a word it in Editscript, the expanded word moves back a couple spaces and cuts off the previous word I had typed.  It works fine in Word by itself.  I just don't get it.  If anybody can help, I'd greatly ap ...

While Working In A MS Word-based System,
Oct 13, 2009

I keep getting an hourglass flashing every several seconds and it's driving me insane.  Sometimes I even have to type a word over again.  Any idea what this is???? ...

Is Fluency A Word Based Program?
Mar 07, 2014

Does anyone know if Fluency is a Word based program. Looking for another job and it seem they all want you to know Word, Excel, Access, etc. I don't know any of those programs but wondered if I could say I know Word based on using Fluency. Any thoughts? Thank you! ...

Is There A Keyboard Shortcut For Bulleted/Ordered List In Word? Nm
Jun 12, 2010

nm ...

Is Windows 7 Compatible With MS Word 2003?
Jun 07, 2011

thanks ...

Windows 7 Word And Auto Texts
Mar 02, 2012

I finally need to breakdown and get a new computer system.  I tried out my husband's Mac for transcription but it wasn't right for me.  Does anyone know if Windows 7 Word has the auto text feature?  I can't function without it.  Thank you so much! Gio ...

ShortCuts For Windows Word Expander
Apr 08, 2014

I purchased ShortsCuts for Windows word expander back in 1999. It will not work with Vista or anything after that. I tried contacting the company I purchased it from but had no luck. Does anyone have this software or have changed to something similar where you were able to transfer you database? I have used IT Pro but they are expensive and will only give you a download. Thanks!! ...

Is Escription Compatible With Word/windows 2007?
Jul 12, 2010

Hello!  My laptop just went kaput and I want to buy a new one but all of the computers these days come with windows 2007/word 7.  Does anyone know if escription is compatible with this operating system?  Does anyone know how to contact escription to find out? ...

Is There A Reason Why You Can Use Windows 7 And Word 2007 With EScription At Some Companies And Not
Jan 05, 2011

nm ...

Will Stedman's 2007 Spellchecker Work With Windows 7 And MS Word 2010? Sm
Sep 14, 2012

I'm considering updating my computer and presently have a Dorland's Medical Spellchecker Version 3.0.  I'd actually like to use this if it will work but, if not, I'm wondering if the Stedman's 2007 will work with 2010.  ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...