Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I took a part time office position - sm

Posted: Jul 31st, 2023 - 1:41 pm In Reply to: I am making a lot of money doing coding - If or when that goes away

I'll be doing insurance verification mostly, and some billing.

I also made a great living before EMR. I was able to raise my kids after the hospital I worked for outsourced. In or around 2004, I still had my own clients albeit cassette tapes.

We're now just him and I, but I like working in an office just as much as transcribing. I'd like to cross train to be a medical assistant, as it has been done in my area a lot of the time. The majority of offices in my area will cross train to take vitals and do simple tasks like urine specimens, etc.

Heck, I watched a front desk receptionist read a urine drug screen on the side of the bottle for a nursing home hiring nursing aids.

Anything is possible, I guess.

I still enjoy doing both. I, of course, make much more money at the office, but I don't have a fixed schedule for transcribing, so I'm happy for now.

It is interesting this boom of the need for in-office personnel now that COVID is pretty much contained. Drs offices are hiring like crazy to include dental practices.

If you can do what we do on multiple platforms and remember specifics, you can certainly learn EMR systems. They are very similar, plus we have a lot of anatomy that we can share with an office that most people do not have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)