Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I sent them an email last night expressing my concerns - and they did not even bother to respond

Posted: Jul 29th, 2021 - 5:34 pm In Reply to: Had Same Experience - Anon

So, last night, after being dinged for a "critical error" for leaving an inaudible mark when the QA person was allegedly able to hear it, I sent them an email explaining that I was extremely concerned about potentially being penalized for leaving inaudible marks when I truly cannot hear or be 100% certain of what is being said just because another set of ears may be able to hear it and fill in my inaudible mark. I said that not everyone has the same level of hearing acuity and what may be difficult for one person to hear might be much easier for another person to hear and that it's not really fair to penalize someone for that. In fact, it's borderline discriminatory. I have been transcribing for 20 years and have also worked in QA, and I've ALWAYS been trained and I've even personally trained other MTs to always, always, always leave a blank when in doubt. I then informed them that my headphones are perfectly fine and they are not the issue, that they are very expensive Bose noise canceling headphones that I've been using for several years at various jobs with no issues whatsoever. I brought up how incredibly distorted the audio files they had assigned to me were and that I had extreme difficulty hearing them. My other insurance transcription job is NOTHING like this.

Did they respond to my email? Of course not! I only got an email telling me that my next 3 training files had been assigned to me and that they must be done by 11 a.m. PST tomorrow. I'm seriously debating whether to even bother. I'm not even sure if I'm being paid for these training files....

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)