Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

Had Same Experience - Anon

Posted: Jul 28th, 2021 - 9:18 pm In Reply to: Has anyone ever worked with Allegis? - SM

Worked for Allegis awhile back, most of it was dreadful, lots of time spent going through pages and pages of specs and style guides. It was really difficult, even after 15 years of doing these statements for other companies. Lots of "helpful" QA feedback that wasn't about the context at all, but mostly because of not interpreting the specs perfectly, couldn't figure out how they heard what I just couldn't. They would "recommend" getting better a headset. Then found out the transcriptionists get re-recordings of the original audio, which can distort the audio quite a bit. The QA get to hear the original, which can be the only way they heard many blanks for which I was afraid to even make a decent guess.

So after all that, am now with VIQ doing recorded statements all via speech rec using their proprietary platform, NetScribe. I am really enjoying it without all the stress, the mostly leave you alone, no fixed hours. Good pay, nice support. Plenty of work and pay on time. Took awhile to get used to the speech rec for these as opposed to medical VR, but it's really not bad. Only thing is, they want you to have a tax EIN or like an LLC as an IC versus using a SSN. Check out their website https://viqsolutions.com/careers/. Best of luck to you. (Note: I am a medical/legal transcriptionist, not at all affiliated with VIQ recruiting or staffing, just a happy IC.)

LINK/URL: Had Same Experience

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)