Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Beware of VIQ Solutions - SM

Posted: Dec 3rd, 2020 - 2:52 pm

They currently have an ad running on here as well as Indeed for insurance transcriptionists.  I applied with them a while back to supplement my other insurance transcription and MT jobs and found that they make you pay $52 out of your own pocket for your background check, but they conveniently do not disclose this in any of their ads (I believe they are also either affiliated with or go by the alternate name of Net Transcripts as their ads are literally identical).  They completely wasted my time.  They waited until the very last minute to inform me that I would have to pay for this up front with my own funds before I could start and they wanted my credit or debit card number.  HA!  I don't think so!!!!!  I immediately knew this was very likely some sort of scam and walked away.  I just wanted to give others a heads up about this.  You should NEVER EVER have to pay anyone a single dime in order to get a job.  No legitimate, reputable company does this.  If they want a background check that badly, THEY can pay for it.  I have undergone several background checks over the years with various companies that I have worked for (including my current company) and not once did I ever have to pay for it myself.  Very, very shady.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)