Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

fire/hire corporate game - an observer

Posted: Feb 28th, 2020 - 10:28 am In Reply to: So why on earth is Aquity still hiring MTs? nm - sleepymt

Seems to me it's all a fire/hire game all about JOB numbers... a company will "reduce" the work force usually with the excuse of one's position being terminated, which allows them to continue hiring which in turn makes the monthly/yearly "job creation" numbers look better. Of course they (government) don't report how many jobs were LOST in the same timeframe. Regarding any "business" excuse for firing, I'd bet it's because older more experienced workers cost more in the long run than newer employees.

Of course, the above is just an opinion but sounds plausible to me (at least in my head). Who knows. I am sorry to all who are going through this abruptly stressful time - having one's job pulled out from under them is rough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)