Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Asked my manager about it... - sleepymt

Posted: Feb 20th, 2020 - 8:20 pm In Reply to: It's weird - Do you think

It's driving the managers crazy that the company is still hiring MTs. Basically, there are too many MTs in each group and not enough work to go around. In my group, the manager has been laying off groups of people every few weeks because of this, but then the company just gives them more new MTs and the problems never resolve.

I asked why they don't make a stink about it to their bosses. They said it doesn't matter because they won't listen. Their bosses are under pressure from people above them. They are told this is how it is. The company doesn't seem to understand that if you have too many MTs and not enough work, then you shouldn't be hiring. Telling the managers to fire groups of people but then giving them brand new MTs to replace them is ridiculous.

When I used to work at a university and hospital and there were layoffs going on, it was always the new hires to go first. The people who had been around the longest stayed (unless there were specific issues with them). They didn't continue to hire new people. I've never understood why MT companies don't understand this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)