Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

About the computer - have been waiting also

Posted: Feb 19th, 2020 - 6:03 pm In Reply to: I was laid off one week ago today. - sweetpea

for instructions on how they want this handled. It's been several months since quitting, and was told by manager that I would be contacted by AQ. So far, no call, no labels, no box, no nothing.

It looks like I'm going to have to call and find out what to do with THEIR equipment. I have a sneaking suspicion they really don't want anything back. The computer is in such bad shape, basically out of commission. It's a miracle it lasted up until a month after I quit and then crashed. I will gladly take the poor thing to be recycled for scrap, if they don't want it back.

It's so unfortunate the way this company handles terminations and layoffs. From other comments here on the subject, it seems like "the call" is usually out of the blue, and rather cold and impersonal. A little gratitude on their part I think would go a long way for a lot of the MTs having dedicated so many years of service to the company.

Even after quitting, there was no great feeling of joy or celebration for me in no longer being employed as an MT with this company. There was more sadness and disappointment initially than anything else from saying goodbye to my career.

Sweetpea, things ARE going to work out for the best. The MT work situation has been faltering for a long time. You'll find other interesting types of jobs out there to explore, if it's MT no more for you...just don't underestimate your abilities! Wish you the best!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)