Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

thank you - no I take no offense

Posted: Feb 24th, 2020 - 12:53 pm In Reply to: One Thing - see msg pls

I was trying to reiterate though that having noise coming against your eardrums hours upon hours and years upon years can most likely cause damage especially if you're in an environment with other things going on around you, which was always the case on-site. I was actually always basically put in a little closet, and I couldn't stand the door closed because I was claustrophobic but I did have to close it sometimes, as they placed me right in the main entrance and waiting area of the radiology department.

Another department where I did transcription, I was the secretary as well, most days I could do the transcription when it was not so noisy.

Here at home, I'm better if no one is around, but I find myself increasing my volume to compensate. I don't have an extra room for my office. Thankfully no one is here but me during my peak working hours, but I sometimes will get up super early or type after everyone is in bed so I can turn the volume down.

I am also trying to say that MTs think they are not damaging their ears but they really are, it just takes a while to catch up to you. You don't even realize it until you wake up one day and feel a sense of fogginess. I've also been accused of the "I did tell you, weren't you listening?" Well, maybe you thought I was, but I didn't hear a word you said to me because my back was turned.

It's definitely work-related.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)