Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

One Thing - see msg pls

Posted: Feb 24th, 2020 - 9:02 am In Reply to: MT companies - still use C Phones.

Hi there. Sorry about your hearing loss. One thing, though. Please don't nod if you can't understand what the speaker is saying. A nod means "yes," and also gives the impression you are "on the same page."

I have a girlfriend who is hard of hearing, and she is always nodding when I talk. It's very annoying when I realize she didn't actually hear me. Like, "want to do lunch tomorrow?" A nod means yes.

You may also be nodding yes to something else other than a question. It would indicate that you agree with what they're saying. What if someone said, "so-and-so is a real jerk"? Your nodding indicates that you agree.

It's a good idea to just be upfront so there is no question as to your agreeing means. Tell the room of people or person you are talking to that you are hard of hearing, and can they please speak up. Meanwhile, you might want to look into hearing aides.

I hope this makes sense and you understand I am not trying to hurt your feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)