Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

There are NOT plenty of IC jobs - that pay 0.045/line

Posted: Jul 15th, 2019 - 1:35 pm In Reply to: I have not really come across many IC jobs - sm

The average rate is probably 0.04 or lower and most are 65 characters with spaces. The OP is making 0.045/line with spaces which is higher than TTS wants to pay her at 0.04/line VBC, which works out to be way less than she is making. It takes longer to produce a VBC line and she'd get paid less to do it too. She'd lose her flexibility, and she did not express any other problems with working her IC account. The OP did not realize the implications of VBC not counting spaces. Now that she does, she understands that her IC rate is a better deal than what TTS wants to pay her, even with their so-called benefits. They are not a nice company to work for, believe me, I've worked for them. So, she has to submit her income taxes quarterly. That's no big deal, and as an IC, she has to pay the employer half of the self-employment tax (which is a separate thing and nothing to do with income tax withholding). I truly hope you make out okay with TTS and don't run into problems. I know from experience they are not the easiest company to work for and you have a really crummy line rate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)