Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I just took a job with TTS and leaving my IC job - sm

Posted: Jul 14th, 2019 - 10:59 am In Reply to: Question re pay on a job offer - MT

and I am happy to make the change. The reason being is that IC jobs do not pay anything towards your taxes. If you factor in what you have to pay out in taxes, the VBC and rate work out the difference.

In my instance, TTS is offering the same account. Yes, it is VBC but again the taxes you have to pay be self-employed makes up that difference in my opinion.

In my state, I have to have a business license and it's $75.00 a year.

Positives for me at TTS: Insurance if I need it, short term disability, life, etc., one account, Monday thru Friday day work until they start rotating weekends. And, you accrue vacation time per pay.

Negatives for my IC job: I have to do multiple accounts because they have now hired more people so I have to jump in and out of 6 different accounts with tons of specs. Another negative is that since they hired new people the VR has gone to crap as people are mixing things up from different accounts so it's no longer learning and I am making tons of edits.

Positives for the IC job I had is flexibility, pays on time, QA is basically nonexistent, no penalization at all.

I hope this helps. I, however, am taking the high road with TTS and my interview was honest, up front, and actually respected and listened and answered any questions I had. Oh, one more plus about TTS, they use their own IT person for VDI and they oversee what Nuance IT is doing.

In my IC job, we have to send tickets that are either unanswered or inconsistent.

To me, TTS is the way to go in the industry as it stands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)