Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Not obsessed, just informed.. (Views: 41)

I am not trying to belittle anyone. - sm

Posted: Jul 15th, 2019 - 7:40 am In Reply to: I turned down TTS and their attempt to rip me off. - Sm

The OP asked about VBC. I only gave my opinion on taking that because it is an employee position. I have been an IC for almost 20 years now. I have a great tax person. I do know that that is not much to write off when you do not travel, office expenses are very minimal. I have to have a business license.

As far as line count, if I cannot make their minimum, then I will that up with them.

As far as QA, I do not have any problem working with someone regarding report content. If I do not get the answer I need, then I will go directly to the President. No fears here. I am a reasonable person.

As far as being ripped off, if you are anywhere near this profession, you are getting ripped off. It pays no where near what it should. But here is my thinking on that: If I wanted to run a business and hire employees or ICs, then I would have to take on all that responsibility of providing work.

You have to come to the realization that if you continue in this field, you will not make any money. I have accepted that. I already know that.

As far as having a husband, I meant that for insurance reasons. I also have to contribute to the household. We are put 1 kid through college and now working on the next one. I would like to work at home to support her.

I do not care if they contract with Nuance. I do not care if they do not pay for spaces. If you want to slam me for that, then fine. The way I see it, anyone who subcontracts for a company who contracts (the is the real contractor) and works a schedule is causing more problems for the MT career than I am. As an IC, you should be able to set your schedule and your own rate. So before you jump my back for working with Nuance accounts and no spaces, sit back and look at how you're being ripped off in so many ways.

Again, if you want to make the real money, own a business, grab some Nuance work, hire some ICs and make them work a schedule and pay them 4 cpl with spaces all the while you're making the money off their backs and pay nothing towards towards your ICs insurance, taxes, vacation time, holiday pay, etc.

There is a first post this morning on this company board that says Mediscribes is out of work... Just my point, and I bet it's IC work and I bet they work a schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)