Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

The difference with the OP is...sm - Anon

Posted: Jul 14th, 2019 - 11:44 am In Reply to: I just took a job with TTS and leaving my IC job - sm

She is paid for spaces (VBC does not) and makes 1/2 cent more per line. So what she pays in self-employment taxes might make her pay the same as or slightly better than what she'd make with TTS. Maybe she doesn't need the health insurance, vacation, or sick time; and maybe she values her IC flexibility. Maybe she doesn't need a business license. I don't in my city or state. She didn't express any problems with the IC account she is on right now. Staying with her IC account and higher rate might be the right thing for the OP to do. Whereas, you seem to be leaning towards being an employer rather than an IC, which is right for you at this time. I do have to say that I liked the 2 people who did their IT. They were great and on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)